Had a coroner in my backyard yesterday

May 30, 2020, 12:33 a.m.

Cue story time music. And no they werent digging.

Before I saw the coroner label on the back of the jacket in the rear driveway, it started with a knock on the door about an hour before. And more like a banging and something that sounded like " something something VPD" which woke me up in an ahhfuck kinda way and got me out of bed. I go to the door and no one there, .. wth I say.. then I hear it again and oh, its the back door. Open the door and conversate with a Constable who was performing a welfare check on the laneway house on behalf of the family. Basic questions that were pretty much the standard on both your fav TV shows and movies were asked. I explain what I can and they say thanks. I went for a coffee after this. Came back and thats when I saw the coroner jacket around the laneway house, which obviously explained the result. The tenant appears to have passed from a heart attack is the inital word so far.

Now two other things were interesting that day. While I was in the coffee shop, the news w/ audio was on and the other customer inside notices I'm watching new covid case counts. After a brief chat, they mention how they dont know anyone who knows anyone who's got this. I agree and say who knows whats really going on right... Then I come back home to a coroner. No coincidence right? Right. Next up is the guy who changed the locks and does some maintenance talks to me and my neighbor since we were out front talking about wtf just happened. Lock changer says this is the second time this month he's had to change the locks because some one had a jammer or died on their own. My neighbor and I glance back at each other quickly and back. I guess its three interesting things because according to the lock changer, the tenant was apparently a HCW or HCA. Another wider eyed oh shit glance between neighbor and I was exchanged on that piece.

It might be cruel but I'm guessing bad coke. Yes maybe even hoping.

May 30, 2020, 3:45 p.m.

It can be anything really. My gf had a medication interaction that caused her oxygen saturation to drop to a fatal level. Almost too late before we knew anything was wrong, she wasn't completely unscathed either so the first responders were regular visitors for a while. Being in our late 20s my neighbours must have assumed we were on drugs or something.

May 31, 2020, 12:25 p.m.

Posted by: Madman

It can be anything really. My gf had a medication interaction that caused her oxygen saturation to drop to a fatal level. Almost too late before we knew anything was wrong, she wasn't completely unscathed either so the first responders were regular visitors for a while. Being in our late 20s my neighbours must have assumed we were on drugs or something.

I do agree but its just the waking up to a completely randomly unexpected event such as what I did. That'll be a quick page or short story in my memoire's.