Guns

March 25, 2016, 7:26 p.m.

one of my uncle had 6 commemorative Winchesters he had them in his den , I was 10 when I 1st seen them . No idea what years they where but I do they each one was different in barrel shape , length and stocks and fore grips as well , same with the levers a couple where the bigger version .

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 27, 2016, 5:34 p.m.

6 of commemorative wow, that's wild

March 29, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

first time shooting past 200m. stretched it out to 400m, a little tricky with the ~10km/h gusts. i think i need to get my hands on a chronograph, to lazy to measure bullet drop.

March 29, 2016, 5:39 p.m.

I have a Chronyt I have used three times, I'm thinking of selling it. I don;t care how fast it's going, just how well it shoots - and the groupings will tell you that info.

March 29, 2016, 6:03 p.m.

i could put up a target at 200m and one at 400m then let off 5 rounds each to measure the average bullet drop then calculate the drop for other distances. but i would want a more stable rest then a full jug of windshield washer fluid and no head or tail wind.

March 31, 2016, 5:03 p.m.

Been looking at various binos for a while, was wanting to try something with a little more power than my 8x32 Bosch [HTML_REMOVED] Lombs. Prices vary from dirt cheap to deciding which child I don't want to go to university.

Anyways, Cabelas sent me an email and they are selling their 10x42 Vortex Diamondback binos for $219 with free shipping over $99. So, I popped into Wholesale Sports as I was in Langley and tried them, they seemed clear enough and easy to focus - but they wanted $359 for theirs. Got home, told my wife that she is just about to buy me my birthday present - the Vortex are in the mail.

April 1, 2016, 1:06 a.m.

Been looking at various binos for a while, was wanting to try something with a little more power than my 8x32 Bosch [HTML_REMOVED] Lombs. Prices vary from dirt cheap to deciding which child I don't want to go to university.

Anyways, Cabelas sent me an email and they are selling their 10x42 Vortex Diamondback binos for $219 with free shipping over $99. So, I popped into Wholesale Sports as I was in Langley and tried them, they seemed clear enough and easy to focus - but they wanted $359 for theirs. Got home, told my wife that she is just about to buy me my birthday present - the Vortex are in the mail.

Also, doesn't Cabelas have a really good return policy? I.E. you could order the whole catelog and send the ones you don't like back.

P.S. Did the hate thread finally implode?

April 1, 2016, 6:35 a.m.

Also, doesn't Cabelas have a really good return policy? I.E. you could order the whole catelog and send the ones you don't like back.

i think zed got sick of posting in it

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

April 1, 2016, 6:44 a.m.

Usually each order comes with a pre-printed return slip so you can send back items. I've never used the return slip so I am not sure of the procedure - and I have ordered many times from Cabelas.

i think zed got sick of posting in it

^ NBR happened - hopefully the regulars can please leave their need to hate out of this thread, too.

April 1, 2016, 11:02 a.m.

one of my uncle had 6 commemorative Winchesters he had them in his den , I was 10 when I 1st seen them . No idea what years they where but I do they each one was different in barrel shape , length and stocks and fore grips as well , same with the levers a couple where the bigger version .

Like Canadian Centennials…. ?

Like to have a place with a view like that out back.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 1, 2016, 2:46 p.m.

same, had the range all to my self and its only a 20min drive away though.

April 1, 2016, 4:52 p.m.

^ NBR happened - hopefully the regulars can please leave their need to hate out of this thread, too.

nah the good weather happened I think, at last everybody's happy again

April 1, 2016, 6:06 p.m.

Like Canadian Centennials…. ?

Not sure truthfully , this was 30+ yrs back , there was several versions similar to the ones you posted .The barrels where plated as well as many other parts , not sure if it was brass or gold plating though .

#northsidetrailbuilders

April 1, 2016, 6:16 p.m.

I spent a good hour on the phone with Miramachi this afternoon, going through the steps to get an unknown gun registered. I was going through a box of jackets that my father had put aside for me before he passed, and to my surprise it contained more than just jackets; inside I also found a Traditions Trapper .50cal black powder percussion pistol. So, they walked me through going online and requesting a registration, so now it is hurry up and wait.

April 1, 2016, 8:10 p.m.

I spent a good hour on the phone with Miramachi this afternoon, going through the steps to get an unknown gun registered. I was going through a box of jackets that my father had put aside for me before he passed, and to my surprise it contained more than just jackets; inside I also found a Traditions Trapper .50cal black powder percussion pistol. So, they walked me through going online and requesting a registration, so now it is hurry up and wait.

That's pretty slick!