Guns

Feb. 3, 2016, 9 p.m.

be nice if they allowed silencers , could help shut people up about noise complaints some of the ranges get

it would make sense - hell, they are mandatory in a lot of European countries.

Feb. 3, 2016, 9:12 p.m.

And cease the regulation of body armour while they are at it. It's like needing a licence to wear a helmet on a bicycle.

Feb. 3, 2016, 9:13 p.m.

Interesting - so what else is in the works, I wonder.

One can only hope the AR15 is next. Not likely but one can dream.

Feb. 3, 2016, 9:27 p.m.

seen ads in England for Rugar 10/22s speced with moderators and scopes .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 4, 2016, 9:11 p.m.

so who,s buying from where , and whats a decent range to join I am in MR .

also anyone ever bought from irunguns ?

#northsidetrailbuilders

Feb. 4, 2016, 9:26 p.m.

I've never bought from Irunguns, but lots of people have and seem to like their service. For import service, I use Aztech Armory. Our dollar just sucks so bad right now, you can probably find what you like up north here cheaper. Other than that, I try to buy local but do shop online a bit if need be.

Whatcha looking for?

Feb. 5, 2016, 6:19 p.m.

so who,s buying from where , and whats a decent range to join I am in MR .

also anyone ever bought from irunguns ?

Thompson Mountain is good, less strict then Poco Hunting and Fishing club, but super slippery in the fall winter to get up there. They host a ton of events like steel matches and IPSC stuff. Or you can rip out to Abbotsford hunting and fishing club, they have a really nice open indoor range for pistols.

Im a member at Poco since its easy for me to get there. I had to get certified for the lower ranges and get my IPSC black badge to use a holster on them, a bit of a hassle but worth it. The RO's are pretty good there.

I buy local usually, since almost all the local shops have a web store, you get good pricing nearly everywhere these days.

I would probably stay away from IRG unless you absolutely cant find what they have, the dollar is going to kill you.

Feb. 5, 2016, 6:20 p.m.

Oh and whats going on at the RCMP Lab?

http://tv-presspass.com/norinco-type-81-classified-as-non-restricted/

Feb. 5, 2016, 6:28 p.m.

Oh and whats going on at the RCMP Lab?

http://tv-presspass.com/norinco-type-81-classified-as-non-restricted/

They want some more tax dollars before the Libs ban semi-autos? :lol:

All kidding aside - it's the right call and maybe - just maybe - there is some form of common sense coming around over there and they realize where they should really focus their attention

Feb. 5, 2016, 6:39 p.m.

They want some more tax dollars before the Libs ban semi-autos? :lol:

All kidding aside - it's the right call and maybe - just maybe - there is some form of common sense coming around over there and they realize where they should really focus their attention

We shall still be vigilant, the cons took away the power from the RCMP to classify firearms, so clearly it has been given back to them. Or they are acting on their own authority, which isn't unusual I guess.

Feb. 5, 2016, 6:50 p.m.

We shall still be vigilant, the cons took away the power from the RCMP to classify firearms, so clearly it has been given back to them. Or they are acting on their own authority, which isn't unusual I guess.

Good point. Hmmmm

Feb. 5, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

I picked up a few sets of Burris Signature medium rings and thought I would see what scope I could fit on my 452 Ultralux without removing the rear sight. I am planning on going with a Williams or dioptic set-up on the rifle, but wanted to try a scope out and see how it shoots that way.

I quickly tested a 6-24 x 50mm Sniper scope I had laying around - there was no way that was going to fit. So I broke open a new Zeiss Terra 4-12 x 42mm I had sitting around from a warranty replacement and it just barely fits on the rifle. There is maybe 1-2mm between the front bell and the rear iron sight and about 2mm between the rear ocular of the scope and the bolt. I'm going to try to shoot this set-up this weekend, if possible.

Feb. 5, 2016, 11:05 p.m.

My Grandpa gave me one of his hunting rifles over Christmas. I need to get a new scope for it, its stuck on 3x power. I was thinking of getting a Nikon but I don't know if I want to spend that much.

Its a .308 Parker Hale with a detachable magazine.

Feb. 6, 2016, 12:04 a.m.

Nikons are probably the best value in glass out there right now. I liked my first Monarch 3 so much, I bought another for another rifle I just picked up. If you are going to hunt with the rifle, grab the Nikon - you'll have the scope for years to come. They also have a No Fault warranty now; meaning you break it, they replace it. Plus I also like the BDC reticle, though the 7mm doesn't have too much bullet drop. :lol:

Here's my Parker Hale 1200C (detachable mag) in 7mm Mag with a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16 x 50mm. It is my hunting rifle and will be for years to come.

Feb. 6, 2016, 1:08 a.m.

guns are bad…. :rocker:

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c