Guns

Dec. 5, 2015, 2:37 p.m.

Really? I have to gtfo? Thanks for clarifying that.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 5, 2015, 6:36 p.m.

Shogun, leave the plebs alone, they don't like there is an anti-Liberal thread with mythical balanced budgets, so now they are gonna troll here hard. The unnamed political denomination (because using a name is 'offensive' unless they use the slander) will mess up everything, one way or the other; this id NBR thug life fo real.

Anyways, a friend of mine came down from Whistler and I managed to get a couple hours at the range with my two new .22s, he had a new GSG to plink. All shot excellent and even though it was cold, dark, and wet, we had a bloody good time shooting. No pics today, just hundreds of rounds flying down range.

Dec. 5, 2015, 7:05 p.m.

This used to be a good thread. It had pics and info. It even came with a guideline about content:

"No, this is not a thread for political opinions or anti-gun dribble, this is for the "I need gun powder aromatherapy" addicts that actually enjoy shooting, collecting, and hunting with guns"

It sure would be cool if both sides could holster their weapons (see what I did there?) and maybe start another thread to debate the gun control issue. I have some pretty strong opinions about it, but I'm heeding the guidelines set out by the OP.

Needs to be repeated.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 5, 2015, 8:30 p.m.

I couldn't care less whether someone wants to buy a gun or not, I just think that they should have to learn the basics first and not be a fucking lunatic.

Unfortunately being or becoming a fucking lunatic is an uncontrollable variable so any intelligent society would logically conclude that removing the gun element from lunatic makes obvious fucking sense.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 6, 2015, 2:45 a.m.

Unfortunately being or becoming a fucking lunatic is an uncontrollable variable so any intelligent society would logically conclude that removing the gun element from lunatic makes obvious fucking sense.

So at any moment someone could go full fucking lunatic and do something totally irrational or insane? The officials we elect and the police we hire, pilots and professional drivers, CEO's and major share holders are all balancing on the precipice, teetering between sanity and full fucking lunatic. Holy shit man, we've all been wrong this whole time, what we need is some type of cure so we can control this condition before it's too late. Hopefully it's not contagious, imagine waking up one morning completely out of control and chainsawing your way through your house into your neighbors place. The horror.

How about you guys start a Drum Circle thread or something of that nature, or better yet go participate in a drum circle somewhere but here. There's a huge one in Stanley Park once a week where you can mingle among other logical members of society. Between coming up with ideas on how to make the world a better place you can piss and vomit all over the beach, don't forget to leave your garbage everywhere! In the morning when you awake from the bushes, start to bitch about the redneck mouth breathers who left their Pabst's cans everywhere, then pack a bowl for a most excellent wake and bake.

Dec. 6, 2015, 3:38 a.m.

Shogun, leave the plebs alone, they don't like there is an anti-Liberal thread with mythical balanced budgets…

Liberals balance budgets. The myth is a Conservative balanced budget. :P

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 6, 2015, 6:23 a.m.

Liberals balance budgets. The myth is a Conservative balanced budget. :P

Rob, can you please stop fucking up this thread, stick to your oh Liberals thread, your oh Conservatives thread, and all the other threads, please and thanks. And you maybe should read this: http://globalnews.ca/news/2372435/budget-officer-says-trudeau-governments-deficit-projections-are-way-off/

Dec. 6, 2015, 8:15 a.m.

Needs to be repeated.

Here's a solution

Lets keep this thread to appreciate all things that go bang

Dec. 6, 2015, 10:03 a.m.

on another note anyone have any experience with any of the other rim fire calibers out there .

I have played with my friend's .17HMR and it is an accurate calibre out past 100 yards, which is where .22LR falls short. SO, if you are needing to varmint hunt past 100 yards, then I would look at a .17HMR. Otherwise, they are not worth with the cost of ammo as a good .22 will be just as accurate in the sub 50yard range, where most people use and need a small calibre.

Dec. 6, 2015, 10:05 a.m.

I can't wait for my Cooper to arrive.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Dec. 6, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

I have played with my friend's .17HMR and it is an accurate calibre out past 100 yards, which is where .22LR falls short. SO, if you are needing to varmint hunt past 100 yards, then I would look at a .17HMR. Otherwise, they are not worth with the cost of ammo as a good .22 will be just as accurate in the sub 50yard range, where most people use and need a small calibre.

yeah just toying with a mid range , the .22 seems limited past 100yds and not sure i want to get a bigger center fire ,

watched a guy take a ground squirrel out at 340+yds with a .17 Savage Heavy barrel B-mag , that,s a extreme shot but 200yds was very common for most of the other vids i watched on that caliber.

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 6, 2015, 10:58 a.m.

yeah just toying with a mid range , the .22 seems limited past 100yds and not sure i want to get a bigger center fire ,

watched a guy take a ground squirrel out at 340+yds with a .17 Savage Heavy barrel B-mag , that,s a extreme shot but 200yds was very common for most of the other vids i watched on that caliber.

If that is the kind of shooting you are doing, then it makes sense. I don't varmint hunt at all, just grouse. The guys I hunt with use .22s for grouse, I use a 20g shot gun, though I converted one to a shotty as well.

Dec. 6, 2015, 11:23 a.m.

Rob, can you please stop fucking up this thread, stick to your oh Liberals thread, your oh Conservatives thread, and all the other threads, please and thanks. And you maybe should read this: http://globalnews.ca/news/2372435/budget-officer-says-trudeau-governments-deficit-projections-are-way-off/

If you can stop fucking up other threads, then sure.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Dec. 6, 2015, 11:26 a.m.

I can't wait for my Cooper to arrive.

That is gonna be one beauty of a boom stick. I'd love to shoot it one time. One time being the key words.

If you can stop fucking up other threads, then sure.

sigh

Dec. 6, 2015, 1:41 p.m.

That is gonna be one beauty of a boom stick. I'd love to shoot it one time. One time being the key words.

Haha, yeah it should give a pretty good thump. A lightly loaded 300gr at 2500fps shouldn't be too bad though. 400gr at 2400fps is the factory load.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr