Guns

Nov. 17, 2015, 4:32 p.m.

duke, that made me think about a time a few years ago when I was in the okanagan doing the vineyard tour/wine tasting/pretending I was upper class while getting drunk for free thing. we were walking along a public path beside the canal when all of a sudden buddy pops out of the bushes with a shotgun and camo on, walks past us like nothing happened and keeps going.

I get that it's "legal" and I like guns but was startled to see someone hunting in the middle of a public area like that..not sure why some people choose not to use discretion in situations like that and go somewhere a little more…out of the way. Reminds me of the situation many years ago when someones pup was shot in Pemberton by accident, anyone remember that?

Funny how in just 50 years people have become 'sensitive' to seeing a gun, something that everyone used to own and use to survive. You can be assured, the grounds you were walking were once hunted on before they were settled.

Nov. 17, 2015, 7:31 p.m.

Having a freezer filled with meat from an animal that I know where it lived, how it died and who butchered it means a lot to me.

I think the greatest appreciation for the animal comes from when you do it yourself.

Yah this modern world peeps kinda' take the meat they eat for granted.
I think all carnivorous human beans should have to "man up" and do their own killing and processing at least once in their lifetime.
A philosophical moment for sure, I'd bet many couldn't pull the trigger.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 27, 2015, 9:08 p.m.

I needed to do a little tune-up on my old Dan Wesson, so I tore it down, soaked it in Wipeout for an hour, then cleaned and polished all the good bits. She's back together and smoother than ever.

Nov. 27, 2015, 11:44 p.m.

Picked up a semi auto/pump 12g the other day. Turkish gun, looks to copy the benelli system. Turn a knob on the foreend and it gos from pump to semi instantly.

Nov. 27, 2015, 11:49 p.m.

Funny how in just 50 years people have become 'sensitive' to seeing a gun, something that everyone used to own and use to survive. You can be assured, the grounds you were walking were once hunted on before they were settled.

i was more just surprised someone was out there in a busy place where the only wildlife to be seen were walkers, off leash dogs, people on bicycles and daytime drunks carousing around in the mid afternoon on a sunday. I'd think the chances of even seeing a duck out there were slim-to-none so the whole scene just seemed kinda funny

Nov. 28, 2015, 3:12 a.m.

And people used to ride horses, slaughter Natives, Lynch slaves, and use coat hangers for abortions…we're not doing much of those things these days either.

But brilliant observation Einstein.

Nov. 28, 2015, 5:18 a.m.

And people used to ride horses, slaughter Natives, Lynch slaves, and use coat hangers for abortions…we're not doing much of those things these days either.

No need for the name calling, the rest of NBR is for that garbage. We've evolved, yes, under the freedom that guns have fought and protect. Basic math, no Einstein needed.

Nov. 28, 2015, 6:11 a.m.

Owning a gun or riding a horse = lynching.

Strange 'logic' from the folks that are afraid of tools.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 28, 2015, 8:49 a.m.

Owning a gun or riding a horse = lynching.

Strange 'logic' from the folks that are afraid of tools.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's clearly not what he was saying. Don't be stupid.

And yes, in the wrong context dangerous tools are scary, particularly so if they're the type of tool that's regularly used to murder and spread mayhem. If you see someone carrying around a sledgehammer or gas axe in a grocery store you'd be concerned - if it were in a job site you wouldn't. Similar to the experience above - he wasn't expecting to see guns there.

Nov. 28, 2015, 9:58 a.m.

Thought Hunting is about getting Out There™ in the wilderness not hanging out in a regional park.

Maybe the guy didn't know what Slaying Cougars means… :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 28, 2015, 3:07 p.m.

Thought Hunting is about getting Out There™ in the wilderness not hanging out in a regional park.

Maybe the guy didn't know what Slaying Cougars means… :lol:

It's like urban mountain biking. ;)

Nov. 29, 2015, 7:29 p.m.

Statistics Canada Published 2014 Homicide Data today. Some takeaways:

Firearm-Related Homicides

"Police reported 156 firearm-related homicides in 2014, 21 more than in 2013, representing a 14% increase in the rate of firearm-related homicides," Statistics Canada said today. "Despite this increase, the rate of firearm-related homicide was the second lowest recorded since data became available in 1974."

"Handguns remain the most frequently used type of firearm and were involved in approximately two-thirds of firearm-related homicides in 2014."

2014 Homicide by Method
- Shooting: 156
- Stabbing: 189
- Beating: 95
- Strangulation: 31

Data Table on Method of Homicide:
http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim/a26?lang=eng[HTML_REMOVED]retrLang=eng[HTML_REMOVED]id=2530002[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]pattern=[HTML_REMOVED]stByVal=1[HTML_REMOVED]p1=1[HTML_REMOVED]p2=31[HTML_REMOVED]tabMode=dataTable[HTML_REMOVED]csid=

Full PDF report here:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2015001/article/14244-eng.pdf

Nov. 29, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

my son and I just completed the 2 day course thru Silvercore , was a interesting experience , seems to be some grey areas in the laws . just need to complete the paperwork and get things in the mail and then wait i guess LOL .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 29, 2015, 8:49 p.m.

Statistics Canada Published 2014 Homicide Data today. Some takeaways:

Firearm-Related Homicides

"Police reported 156 firearm-related homicides in 2014, 21 more than in 2013, representing a 14% increase in the rate of firearm-related homicides," Statistics Canada said today. "Despite this increase, the rate of firearm-related homicide was the second lowest recorded since data became available in 1974."

"Handguns remain the most frequently used type of firearm and were involved in approximately two-thirds of firearm-related homicides in 2014."

2014 Homicide by Method
- Shooting: 156
- Stabbing: 189
- Beating: 95
- Strangulation: 31

Data Table on Method of Homicide:
http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim/a26?lang=eng[HTML_REMOVED]retrLang=eng[HTML_REMOVED]id=2530002[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]pattern=[HTML_REMOVED]stByVal=1[HTML_REMOVED]p1=1[HTML_REMOVED]p2=31[HTML_REMOVED]tabMode=dataTable[HTML_REMOVED]csid=

Full PDF report here:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2015001/article/14244-eng.pdf

from what we where taught this weekend , 80% of all deaths from firearms are suicide related scary statistic

#northsidetrailbuilders

Nov. 29, 2015, 10:27 p.m.

from what we where taught this weekend , 80% of all deaths from firearms are suicide related scary statistic

If you look into the suicide rates, those numbers have never gone down. They keep adding additional laws for gun storage, locking, ammunition storage etc, and those have dramatically dropped suicides by guns, but all other methods have gone up.

Goes to prove that it is not the tool, rather the person that is the killer.

Congrats on passing the test. Now comes the expensive part….