Guns

Oct. 30, 2015, 6:32 a.m.

Ask the guy.. He might not be aware of the bike/hiking trails in close proximity either.

i did actually talk to the guy a little bit.. he basically told me to eff off.

Oct. 30, 2015, 7:16 a.m.

yea i was kidding. no guns here. i have to admit , i didn't realize it was legal to wander around the fire roads w/ a loaded weapon. for me it was an unsettling experience bumping into folks like that.

A knife could be a weapon. A chainsaw could be a weapon. A shovel could be a weapon, yet many of us walk in and out of the forest alive carrying these items all the time. Hopefully you learned that just because you see a gun, babies don't die.

Oct. 30, 2015, 7:49 a.m.

well what i did learn for sure was..only dikheads walk up and down the b+k w rifles.

nobody was impressed. this is roberts creek, hippie haven , not hillbilly haven.

Oct. 30, 2015, 7:57 a.m.

it just seemed like a power trip to me.

like i say i grew up rural. rancher /farmer style. there were rifles in the back window of all the trucks sort of thing. I'm no noob to guns despite yer yappie know it all thoughts/ways.

I'm just saying as a responsible gun owner everybody should know there is a proper time and place.

Oct. 30, 2015, 8 a.m.

well what i did learn for sure was..only dikheads walk up and down the b+k w rifles.

nobody was impressed. this is roberts creek, hippie haven , not hillbilly haven.

Obviously not, there are lots of hunters I know over there. If it was Crown land, then other users have every right to legally use it as they see fit. Just because bikers carved it out, doesn't make others dickheads for using it a different way. Being astute in that opinion of "this is for me only" is being the dickhead.

Nov. 12, 2015, 9:58 p.m.

Got my new .22 revolver a few weeks ago, but still haven't had time to get it to the range. Soon

Nov. 13, 2015, 10:04 a.m.

Guns for hunting…pfft. What a lazy excuse.

Make your own stone knife, dig a pit trap, etc. Do it properly or gtfo.

viperfunk.com

Nov. 15, 2015, 11:42 p.m.

Guns for hunting…pfft. What a lazy excuse.

Make your own stone knife, dig a pit trap, etc. Do it properly or gtfo.

Yep, and build your own keyboard and mouse from scratch too.

Nov. 16, 2015, 10:12 a.m.

You hunt with a keyboard and mouse?

viperfunk.com

Nov. 16, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

I hunt with a rifle because it allows me to take game animals as quickly and humanely as possible.

An arrow does not have the kinetic energy of a bullet and kills by causing blood loss. The chances of mortally wounding and losing the animal are much greater if your shot is not perfect.

I shot competitive archery for many years and can shoot a bow well but I still don't feel comfortable bow hunting for big game.

I want any animal I hunt and eat to have as quick and painless a death as possible.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Nov. 16, 2015, 3:08 p.m.

The roomie bought a crossbow cuz he said the hunting season is much longer for a bow than a fire arm so he was more likely to shoot something, said hunting reg wise the crossbow is in the same category as a compound bow but much easyier to shoot accurately, point n shoot like a firearm, so Buddy bought the cross bow, did a little target practise and got a moose that same season

had a buddy in Peeg who did all his hunting with a flintlock (not them modern percussion cap rifles) so he needed to get within 100 yards … never got close enough to anything for a shot

There are 50,000 deer in Haida Gwai and no predators, I am pretty sure you could jump on one and slit its throat with you knife … they would walk right into our camps every morning

Nov. 16, 2015, 3:55 p.m.

There are special seasons for bows so it does give more opportunities to those that hunt with both rifle and bow.

Having a freezer filled with meat from an animal that I know where it lived, how it died and who butchered it means a lot to me.

You can get closer to the process by buying direct from a local farmer but I think the greatest appreciation for the animal comes from when you do it yourself.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Nov. 16, 2015, 4:13 p.m.

You hunt with a keyboard and mouse?

You just need a strong cord, once you get it swinging good and fast it's pretty effective.

You can use USB if you're lazy, but I like to really immerse myself in the hunt and even out the odds a little by using PS/2.

Nov. 16, 2015, 5:16 p.m.

Having a freezer filled with meat from an animal that I know where it lived, how it died and who butchered it means a lot to me.

You can get closer to the process by buying direct from a local farmer but I think the greatest appreciation for the animal comes from when you do it yourself.

I'm not really into hunting but tough to poke holes in this argument.

Nov. 16, 2015, 5:45 p.m.

duke, that made me think about a time a few years ago when I was in the okanagan doing the vineyard tour/wine tasting/pretending I was upper class while getting drunk for free thing. we were walking along a public path beside the canal when all of a sudden buddy pops out of the bushes with a shotgun and camo on, walks past us like nothing happened and keeps going.

I get that it's "legal" and I like guns but was startled to see someone hunting in the middle of a public area like that..not sure why some people choose not to use discretion in situations like that and go somewhere a little more…out of the way. Reminds me of the situation many years ago when someones pup was shot in Pemberton by accident, anyone remember that?