Guns

Oct. 17, 2015, 12:28 p.m.

http://www.firearmrights.ca/#about

Thanks for the link

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Oct. 20, 2015, 6:47 p.m.

Agreed to buy another gorgeous looking tiger-striped K31 and a K11 tonight. I love shooting my other K31, so adding another to eventually have one foe each of my boys was a no-brainer. The K11 has been on my 'want' list for some time now.

Oct. 20, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

Agreed to buy another gorgeous looking tiger-striped K31 and a K11 tonight. I love shooting my other K31, so adding another to eventually have one foe each of my boys was a no-brainer. The K11 has been on my 'want' list for some time now.

Nice. I brought a friend to buy his first gun two months ago and he chose a K31. Wholesale sports had the gp11 on sale not listed on their website, we grabbed a bunch of that too. Might still be cheap as they had pallets of the stuff.

Oct. 20, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

I have about 1100 rounds of GP11 right now, thanks. The guy I am buying it from would have sold me a box for $200 shipped. Still thinking about that one.

Oct. 25, 2015, 3:10 p.m.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Oct. 29, 2015, 6:25 a.m.

so on the topic of guns i have a question…i was out bike riding the other day .. for those of you familiar w the area , i was peddling up past dnz and this guy maybe about 55 yrs old, pops out of the clear cut there and he has a shot gun with him. now i usually ride strapped, but on this occasion i was unarmed and i felt kind of well …..unarmed..

I'm from the sk and i got my first .22 when i was 12. so it's not like I'm afraid of guns, its some of the owners i have troubles with.

so my question is,. is it lawful to be walking up down the b+k w a shotgun?

Oct. 29, 2015, 6:53 a.m.

so on the topic of guns i have a question…i was out bike riding the other day .. for those of you familiar w the area , i was peddling up past dnz and this guy maybe about 55 yrs old, pops out of the clear cut there and he has a shot gun with him. now i usually ride strapped, but on this occasion i was unarmed and i felt kind of well …..unarmed..

I'm from the sk and i got my first .22 when i was 12. so it's not like I'm afraid of guns, its some of the owners i have troubles with.

Quite possibly bird hunting check the regs there are many areas open to shotguns for birding that you wouldn't think would be.

Oct. 29, 2015, 7:16 a.m.

Here are the restrictions for your area. As for general laws, you need to read the first 26 pages of the synopsis, something every hunter must know prior.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/docs/Provincial_2014.pdf

Here is the Lower Mainland: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/docs/region_2.pdf

There is a map on page 4 of that Region 2 regs and a hunter would be responsible to make sure he knew the exact boundaries. General laws are: if it is private land and he has permission to hunt on the land then that is perfectly legal. If it is Crown land and far enough from a highway, then he has as much legal right to hunt there as mountain bikers do to build trails.

Oct. 29, 2015, 7:26 a.m.

i gotta start carrying rifles on my rides

Oct. 29, 2015, 7:32 a.m.

i gotta start carrying rifles on my rides

Areas that say shot only - is shotgun steel or lead pellet loads, which are much different than centerfire rifle cartridges.

Oct. 29, 2015, 9:37 a.m.

Ask the guy.. He might not be aware of the bike/hiking trails in close proximity either.

Oct. 29, 2015, 11:54 a.m.

i usually ride strapped, ?

What?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 29, 2015, 12:56 p.m.

Ask the guy.. He might not be aware of the bike/hiking trails in close proximity either.

a friend of mine confronted a guy at the woodlot about the shot gun he was carrying. The guy told him he was a survivalist and basically told him to piss off…as he was riding away the guy with a the shot gun fired a shot in the air. Buddy dove into the bush to get off of the road and GTFO of there. Just a little story about how the trail "shotgun" got its name.

Dude was later arrested on Dewdney Trunk RD.

Oct. 29, 2015, 3:50 p.m.

What?

you don't? ssc is gnar baby…

Oct. 30, 2015, 6:31 a.m.

yea i was kidding. no guns here. i have to admit , i didn't realize it was legal to wander around the fire roads w/ a loaded weapon. for me it was an unsettling experience bumping into folks like that.