Guns

Aug. 17, 2015, 9:50 a.m.

Awesome pic zed. The red dot looks massive on the rascal!

After spending the last 11 days at crankworx I'm looking forward to getting back to Langley and then to the range.

Aug. 17, 2015, 12:25 p.m.

Awesome pic zed. The red dot looks massive on the rascal!

I thought it looked big at first, but it kind of suits it now. The rifle is still feather light - and my son really likes the red dot, his grouping is getting quite good; now he wants to go shooting more and more. Game on!

Thanks again for the trade - you made one little boy quite happy.

Aug. 17, 2015, 9:19 p.m.

^ ballistic glasses - no eyes will be hurt on my shift

good job bud lost my right eye sight on the only shot I ever took without glasses (worst timing of my life) would hate to see it happen to a fine young man like that.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Aug. 17, 2015, 9:20 p.m.

The new Canadian made Sako T3 Tactical for our Rangers.

Aug. 17, 2015, 10:22 p.m.

Finally got out to the range, managed to shoot a few rounds of trap and then my sons were shooting their rifles. My youngest has a Red Rider and my eldest was loving the red dot I traded off hypa on his Rascal. All smiles.

Im thinking of picking up one of those rascals for myself. Similar set up with red dot, and run CCI quiet ammo. Great for hunting small game.

Aug. 17, 2015, 10:38 p.m.

Im thinking of picking up one of those rascals for myself. Similar set up with red dot, and run CCI quiet ammo. Great for hunting small game.

The thing is super light and very accurate - it would make a great backpack 22. Ours is suffering from the crappy firing pin strikes periodically, going to call Savage tomorrow to see if they'll replace the firing pin with a narrower one (search CGN for Rascals). If they won't replace it, I'll file it down myself - but it's still under warranty so it shouldn't be a problem.

Aug. 17, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

The thing is super light and very accurate - it would make a great backpack 22. Ours is suffering from the crappy firing pin strikes periodically, going to call Savage tomorrow to see if they'll replace the firing pin with a narrower one (search CGN for Rascals). If they won't replace it, I'll file it down myself - but it's still under warranty so it shouldn't be a problem.

I recall a video of some kid slinging them in the zone from 400 yards over and over with a rascal.

Aug. 20, 2015, 11:29 p.m.

My new scope arrived and I mounted it and went straight to the range to zero it in - but it was just one of those days where nothing was going right, including my targets getting blown over by the wind. I seemed to have gotten it close, though. Clarity of the scope thus far seems great - more time is needed for an honest review. It's a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16 x 50mm.

Aug. 20, 2015, 11:52 p.m.

Haven't even taken it to the range since I got the new upper. But I take the dog places everyday.

www.vitalmtb.com

Aug. 21, 2015, 2:47 p.m.

My new scope arrived and I mounted it and went straight to the range to zero it in - but it was just one of those days where nothing was going right, including my targets getting blown over by the wind. I seemed to have gotten it close, though. Clarity of the scope thus far seems great - more time is needed for an honest review. It's a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16 x 50mm.

I have monarch 5 binos, it's good glass.

Aug. 28, 2015, 7:25 a.m.

Saw these and thought I'd share:

Aug. 28, 2015, 9:10 a.m.

No, this is not a thread for political opinions *

Saw these and thought I'd share:

Mm hmm…

Nice rifle BTW :)

www.natooke.com

Aug. 28, 2015, 9:32 a.m.

Mm hmm…

Nice rifle BTW :)

You just need something to bitch about - go fuck up all the other threads as usual. Those of us that are law-abiding gun owners need to stay united to sustain our freedoms, not internal fight like you and the mtb community.

Aug. 28, 2015, 9:58 a.m.

I bought a small youth .22 a few years ago to use as a pack rifle. It works well but is pretty loud compared to my long barreled .22 rifles.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Aug. 28, 2015, 10:21 a.m.

Ordered my son a 20g O/U the other day, it will be one of his Xmas gifts. He really wanted to come out hunting with me this year but I think he needs another year to grow a little and also get more trigger time with an adequate gun.

I ordered this little guy, from Corwin-Arms. Martin there is a good guy, he is actually giving me the upgraded shotgun for the same price. The gun has been getting good reviews, so I think it will be a great first hunting gun. He can load bird shot in the upper barrel and a slug in the lower.

https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/ricol-20-1650-chrome-o-and-u-single-trigger-front-sight-bead-0

I also ordered their shotgun sight that I am going to actually try both on my revolver and also my long recoil shotgun. Martin never thought about the revolver application (all mine have vented shrouds) - so he is eager to here my review and will be giving a deal on another if it works for both applications.

https://www.corwin-arms.com/product/vomz-shotgun-red-dot-sight-fiber-optic-illumination-pf01%D1%8525