Guns

Aug. 2, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

That's a great gun, my dad had a 7mm rem mag with a Monte Carlo stock ( think it was the shape? ) went with him a few times to the old range on the Barnet, wish I had gotten into more as a youngster.

I just reloaded my first 20 rounds of 7mm REM MAG. I did a variety or bullets and used a balance beam and digital scale, I shall run them through my chrony and see how they do there and on target.

My 7mm MAG is an old Parker Hale with a slow twist, so it prefers lighter bullets versus the nowadays "the heavier the better" the young guys at the gun stores tell ya. Splitting between balance beam and digital scale, I loaded 67g of H1000 and did the following bullet types: ( 8 ) 154g Hornady Interlock SP, (6) 150g Nosler Ballistic Tip, and (6) 139g Hornady SST.

Been nervous to reload the big magnum cartridges but I think I have done enough mistakes with my handgun rounds that I took my time, rechecked everything twice, and I'm confident these should work well. Looking forward to some time at the range to test them!

Aug. 3, 2015, 10:56 a.m.

I love them like bacon. Let's start a thread for all the lead heads around here.

No, this is not a thread for political opinions or anti-gun dribble, this is for the "I need gun powder aromatherapy" addicts that actually enjoy shooting, collecting, and hunting with guns

I'll start -

My Registration showed up for my new .357 Dan Wesson 15-2 and I happened to only work half a day today, so off to the range I went to test out my new 15-2 and compare it with my current 15-2 (which is an older frame by 4 years). Well, the new revolver certainly is a nice shooter. The single action trigger is almost too light - I'll have to get used to that. I needed to adjust the sights as it was shooting low left initially but then I finally got it going where I thought I was pointing it. ;)

Anyways, here are some pics from the range all shot with my new pistol and an 8" VH barrel/shroud. Targets were set up 13 metres (40 feet) from the shooting line. The lines on the square targets are 1" squares.

Nice groupings if the difference in triggers bothers you you can always lap the sear of the heavier one to get a consistent feel across both your pistols. Built custom S[HTML_REMOVED]Ws for years bull barrels etc. and shot a lot of metallic silhouette until I had kids sold them all off as had no time and now regret it.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Aug. 4, 2015, 12:22 a.m.

So why did they wait until the day before calling an election to do that for you?

I bet there is a lot of guys out there willing to put down on blue and roll another term to see if they can squeeze a couple more liberties out of their vote.

Aug. 6, 2015, 11:46 a.m.

Congrats to the CZ and Swiss Arms guys. Justice prevails!

Hopefully us bullpup folk don't go through the same BS, because my t97.ca lower hand guard came in yesterday, and it really changed the gun.

We went from this.

To this

Added the FTU

Bought an optic

Added the LHG (pic taken last night)

The LHG chances the trigger and safety mechanism to mimic that of the AR platform. It uses AR grips, and an AR type trigger group. Both the Flat Top, and LHG are machined by former Canadian military turned machinists. The part is a work of art.

Aug. 11, 2015, 3:11 p.m.

Check out the comments on this group dedicated to exposing "trophy" hunters.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpose-A-Trophy-Hunter-Database/701807976615797

Aug. 11, 2015, 3:35 p.m.

Cripes! What next, a thread on country music?!
;)

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:14 p.m.

Check out the comments on this group dedicated to exposing "trophy" hunters.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Xpose-A-Trophy-Hunter-Database/701807976615797

Don't kill anything you're not intending to eat.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 11, 2015, 8:04 p.m.

Don't kill anything you're not intending to eat.

Unless it's eating your food.

Aug. 11, 2015, 8:14 p.m.

Please don't quote Tungsten I have him on my ignore list so i don't have to see his mindless chatter….thanks in advance:)

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Aug. 11, 2015, 8:25 p.m.

Unless it's eating your food.

Then you haven't practiced due diligence.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 11, 2015, 10:21 p.m.

Then you haven't practiced due diligence.

I wouldn't have the balls to say that to a farmers face. You probably got a solid chin though, eh.

Aug. 17, 2015, 7:02 a.m.

Finally got out to the range, managed to shoot a few rounds of trap and then my sons were shooting their rifles. My youngest has a Red Rider and my eldest was loving the red dot I traded off hypa on his Rascal. All smiles.

Aug. 17, 2015, 7:44 a.m.

You'll shoot you're eye out! You'll shoot you're eye out!

(Sorry, had to be done)

Aug. 17, 2015, 7:46 a.m.

^ ballistic glasses - no eyes will be hurt on my shift

Aug. 17, 2015, 8:24 a.m.

your neighbours must love you :beer:

hope it keeps them from calling the cops next time your kids are having fun outside :)