Guns

May 8, 2015, 6 p.m.

I love them like bacon. Let's start a thread for all the lead heads around here.

No, this is not a thread for political opinions or anti-gun dribble, this is for the "I need gun powder aromatherapy" addicts that actually enjoy shooting, collecting, and hunting with guns

I'll start -

My Registration showed up for my new .357 Dan Wesson 15-2 and I happened to only work half a day today, so off to the range I went to test out my new 15-2 and compare it with my current 15-2 (which is an older frame by 4 years). Well, the new revolver certainly is a nice shooter. The single action trigger is almost too light - I'll have to get used to that. I needed to adjust the sights as it was shooting low left initially but then I finally got it going where I thought I was pointing it. ;)

Anyways, here are some pics from the range all shot with my new pistol and an 8" VH barrel/shroud. Targets were set up 13 metres (40 feet) from the shooting line. The lines on the square targets are 1" squares.

This is one group from my older 15-2, also sporting an 8" VH barrel/shroud:

May 8, 2015, 6:25 p.m.

How long does it take to get a permit? Are there lots of hoops you have to jump through to buy a pistol? I always thought pistols were pretty much a no go in Canada. I want to get into shooting and hunting when I come back.

www.natooke.com

May 8, 2015, 6:30 p.m.

All my guns are air powered, but still pretty cool and fun to shoot. I have to get my powder fix at DVC, which reminds me it's almost time again.

May 8, 2015, 7:57 p.m.

How long does it take to get a permit? Are there lots of hoops you have to jump through to buy a pistol? I always thought pistols were pretty much a no go in Canada. I want to get into shooting and hunting when I come back.

These are the basic steps.

First, take the non-restricted or restricted firearms course. It takes a few evenings to go through the whole thing.

If you pass, you submit your paperwork, reference info and a passport photo to the Canadian Firearms Center.

If they grant you a license you will have to wait a few months for your PAL or RPAL card to arrive.

Once you have your card, drive to your local gun store, show your license and purchase a firearm.

Non-Restricted firearms can be brought home the day you buy it. Restricted firearms need an ATT (more paperwork and a wait) so you can bring it home or take it to the range you hold a membership at.

Non-Restricted firearms can be used for hunting and fired anywhere it is legal to do so. Restricted firearms are range use only.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

May 8, 2015, 8:46 p.m.

No, this is not a thread for political opinions or anti-gun dribble, this is for the "I need gun powder aromatherapy" addicts that actually enjoy shooting, collecting, and hunting with guns

Would it be a cunt move if I were to troll this thread?

I think it is, but I'm still learning. Where did you find the documentation that lists the proper threads that are open to trolling?

May 8, 2015, 8:49 p.m.

Love to shoot, grew up shooting competitive archery and moved on to long guns. My first was a Remington r700 in 243, now I've got a Remington 870 with 28" barrel, super mag and a savage 17hmr, walnut stock and bull barrel.
You guys have some nice pieces for sure. Anyone here shoot skeet? Is there a place to do that in Vancouver or Richmond?

May 8, 2015, 8:53 p.m.

You guys have some nice pieces for sure. Anyone here shoot skeet? Is there a place to do that in Vancouver or Richmond?

Most streets in Whalley are open to it from what I read.

May 8, 2015, 9:28 p.m.

All my guns are air powered, but still pretty cool and fun to shoot. I have to get my powder fix at DVC, which reminds me it's almost time again.

Details please.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 8, 2015, 9:45 p.m.

Kewl Z!
I'm a wheel gun guy myself and when my mother dies I will inherit my fathers Iver Johnson Supershot Sealed Eight.
Looks like this….

I've only ever seen one example for sale online and it was sold literally overnight.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 8, 2015, 10:01 p.m.

Here you go….

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant[HTML_REMOVED]ion=1[HTML_REMOVED]espv=2[HTML_REMOVED]ie=UTF-8#q=skeet%20shooting%20vancouver

I'm gonna' get me a Citori 725 in 20ga with 28" barrels. Invector + choke tubes I think you can get an extended set of skeet chokes.
That way one can use flush mount in Cyl./Imp.Cyl./Mod./Imp.Mod./Full for hunting and the skeet chokes extended a inch or so for busting clays.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 8, 2015, 10:03 p.m.

Details please.

Baikal IZH-60
.177 caliber pellet
single shot, springer

http://www.baikalcanada.com/air_rifles_izh61.htm

some say it was made as a training rifle for the ak-47, the ergonomics are said to be very similar.

May 8, 2015, 10:09 p.m.

Baikal IZH-60
.177 caliber pellet
single shot, springer

http://www.baikalcanada.com/air_rifles_izh61.htm

some say it was made as a training rifle for the ak-47, the ergonomics are said to be very similar.

Nice. Was wondering if that was pellet or airsoft.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 8, 2015, 10:14 p.m.

I also love to shoot. Started in olympic style single shot rifle, then got into handguns and ended getting my Black badge and competed in IPSC for a few years back in the early 90's.
Not all my guns are air powerd basement friendly type as well

May 8, 2015, 10:26 p.m.

Most streets in Whalley are open to it from what I read.

No you got that ALL wrong bro. Newton is where most of the current shootings seem to be happening. Whalley was so 2009. It's no coincidence they held the open house on open street gang violence at my old high school two weeks ago - 4 blocks away from where the first gun was randomly pulled on me (in front of Beaver Creek Elem. I was in full xc gear too).

This current issue, not the threads topic, highlights something that some of us have known for a long time about Newton/Surrey. And that's there are a lot more guns than anyone cares to admit let alone realizes.

/sidetrack

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 8, 2015, 10:27 p.m.

May I join this clubhouse?

"You know what's wrong with Vancouver? You can't pee off of your own balcony without getting in trouble"
- Phil Gordon