Guns

May 2, 2020, 9:39 p.m.

Due to the nature of the latest mass killings, i propose we ban cop cars

May 2, 2020, 9:59 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

That is why all the MAGA hat dipshits in Michigan brought them to the legislature building and not their basic wood stock hunting rifles.

Hey! Those were very fine people!

Was looking at a Mini 14 last year. If it had been a Mini 30 I would have bought it. Kinda' of a bummer, I mean, what's the diff between being shot with this equiped with a 5 round mag...

Or this?

Ok, so, not serious question.......but, did the Ruger .44 get banned?

I skimmed the list, couldn't find SKS??

Last edited by: tungsten on May 3, 2020, 2:26 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
May 2, 2020, 10:59 p.m.

The Liberals desperately need to hang onto every seat they have and seeing as they got 10 of 11 in Nova Scotia this last election this move is purely about politics and protecting their backsides. TBH I’ve had enough of Trudeau, I just wish the Cons would get their fucking act together and put forward a more socially acceptable agenda and leader. None of the current parties are a solid contender to lead this nation IMHO.

Last edited by: syncro on May 2, 2020, 11 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Reason: sp
May 3, 2020, 11:58 a.m.

Thats because the progressive conservative party you ^^ are thinking of from back in the day was dissolved in 2003 to be renamed the Conservative party when it merged with the Appliance party

the modern Cons are rightwing religious whacko nut jobs who are closely tied to other rightwing religious whacko nutjobs in the excited states, Canada did not want to end up like America   which would have happened if Harper made it in again

SO we ended up with anyone-but-Harper

which morphed into anyone-but-Sheer

and i can easily see JT doing another term

edit : as for whom is qualifyed to lead the country, I think JT has stepped up every morning he gets up there and presents a calm cool demeanor , Doug Ford has shown a  lot of leadership and empathy in rough times, Kenny is still Kenny, havent heard much from the rest.

Fortunatley for ^^ them TRump has set the bar SO low

Last edited by: XXX_er on May 3, 2020, 1:24 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 4, 2020, 9:21 a.m.

The shooting in NS was just coincidence.  The assault weapons ban/buy-back has been in the works since the election as it was an election promise.  I still think it is mostly misguided to go after assault weapons, but limiting magazine size seems reasonable.  I am not sure what they can do about the handguns which are the real problem in most cities.  I am also not sure what they can do to stem the tide of the illegal guns out of America, but there is no way they can negotiate anything with the US until Trump is gone.  Pointing the finger at the source and blaming them for it is something none of the parties seem to have the balls to do.

Personally I think there is an argument to be made against guns like the Mini-14 and the AR-15.  It is the same reason liquor makers are not supposed to make products that look like something kids would want to drink.  I think it is reasonable to ask gun makers to refrain from making guns that terrorists want to use to terrorize.  They could make boring-looking guns that do the same thing.  Win win.

May 4, 2020, 9:46 a.m.

First...mag size is already limited to 5 in Canada.

Second...the mini 14 has 3 or 4 variations, only one looks scary..ok maybe two if you include the one with collapsable butt.

Third....most scary looking guns shoot like shit, not terribly accurate mass produced junk.

May 4, 2020, 10:28 a.m.

Someone on a shooting spree probably wouldn’t care how accurate they are. Just because the law says five rounds doesn’t mean shit. I don’t care how scary they look.

May 4, 2020, 10:37 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

The Liberals desperately need to hang onto every seat they have and seeing as they got 10 of 11 in Nova Scotia this last election this move is purely about politics and protecting their backsides. TBH I’ve had enough of Trudeau, I just wish the Cons would get their fucking act together and put forward a more socially acceptable agenda and leader. None of the current parties are a solid contender to lead this nation IMHO.

Isn't that how we ended up with 100 years of BC Liberal rule?  I don't trust a conservative in progressive clothing.  At the end of the day, they are all pro-business and anti-government, just some of them like gay people and weed.

May 4, 2020, 12:26 p.m.

C’mon man, you should know the BC Liberals are just plain old fucking conservatives with a weak social agenda.

May 4, 2020, 1:23 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

C’mon man, you should know the BC Liberals are just plain old fucking conservatives with a weak social agenda.

BC Liberals are only 'liberal' in the sense that they are neoliberals ... which aren't liberal at all!!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot

Jan. 5, 2021, 10:04 p.m.

Been a few years, gents.  I can see nothings changed here, same ol political garb over and over; hence, the absence.  Rental vans behind the hands of extremists have killed more Canadians than AR-15's, btw.  If the courts weren't a revolving door, the population would be safe; if legal gun owners having AR15s is your concern, then you fell into the media mold just right.  

Anyways, I'm still shooting away.  Not as much as I would like, my career has been smoking busy the last few years as I now run the show.  I was thinking of Rossco and the time I took him to the range to shoot, made me want to pop in and see who's who in the pew around here.  Carry on.

Why be misled when you can throw lead?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/7MsfObC.jpg[/img]

Jan. 6, 2021, 9:50 a.m.

Congrats on running the show.  Sounds important.  :)

I think we have calmed down quite a bit here. For what it's worth, I think banning assault weapons was almost entirely political. I think gun politics in Canada is almost entirely always political on both sides. We already have decent regs. I used to shoot my buddy's dad's Mini-14 when I was a kid, so it's not like I don't know they are fun if used responsibly.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Jan. 6, 2021, 10:36 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 7, 2021, 10:19 a.m.

Almost impulse bought a Mini-30 about a year ago. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Jan. 9, 2021, 4:28 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Almost impulse bought a Mini-30 about a year ago. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Fun guns, nonetheless.  I refurbished my friend's Mini 30 as it was in a flooded basement, and so of course I needed to test fire afterwards.  I went through all the ammo I had on that thing, it was just too fun to shoot.  Heavy, but fun.

Jan. 9, 2021, 5:12 p.m.

Zedbra!!!