Guns

May 10, 2015, 7:45 p.m.

Nice. what the deal with the Co2 handgun?

It all metal with a stiff blowback , shoots bbs .
I did a bunch of accurizing on it. I used to compete in Ipsc shooting this co2 pistol allows me to shoot in my basement :) cheaply and quietly

May 10, 2015, 8:01 p.m.

That's a nice clean looking rifle.

Thanks! Not your run of the mill 10/22. Full custom everything. Milled receiver, bolt, 20" bull barrel, charging handle, CNC milled Volquartsen precision target trigger and full internals. It was the most accurate rifle I've ever shot. With no wind it was scary accurate to 100 yards. 22's are so much fun. I still regret the day I sold that one.

May 10, 2015, 8:07 p.m.

What would something like that be worth mike?
I think if I was ever to get a rifle it would be something like that. (I'm gonna guess the price you throw out there would kill that, lol).

May 10, 2015, 11:05 p.m.

I think if I was ever to get a rifle it would be something like that. (I'm gonna guess the price you throw out there would kill that, lol).

You can get into it relatively cheaply. That 10/22 is full custom and would probably cost around 800-1200 to replicate. DLASK is Delta can build you a wicked full custom 10/22 or DAR22 if you want to go that route.

There are many cheaper options however, the Norinco NS522 can be had new around $250 and is known to be very accurate. Another $200 on a good rimfire scope, you will be shooting sub 1" groups at 100 yards with good fundamentals and good conditions.

I've got a marlin 795 and when I do my part, it will sling them in there too. I just use it short range plinking and as a critter getter, so I don't have a scope on it. I think it cost me $200 new.

There are a host of really nice .22lr pistols too, very accurate and reliable. A lot of fun on short ranges. I love shooting 1 hole groups with a pistol around 5 yards, seems silly, but its great practice.

May 10, 2015, 11:18 p.m.

Here's my other little pea shooter. It's not terribly accurate but kind of fun playing in the garage

Zed, are we like moped-ers in a motorcycle forum for you?

Oh no, not at all - I like'm all. Some of those air guns I have never seen before. I was seriously intrigued by the .357 Airsoft rifle at SHOT show in Vegas this year

Bryan, some people spend well over $1000 on their 10/22 builds. However, look at a Dlask and then get a stalk that you prefer afterwards. http://dlaskarms.com/collections/dar-22/products/basic-dar-22-22lr-with-od-green-hogue-stock

Also, get your RPAL at the same time as your PAL. You'll go there eventually one day anyways.

May 10, 2015, 11:25 p.m.

Here's my other little pea shooter. It's not terribly accurate but kind of fun playing in the garage

Zed, are we like moped-ers in a motorcycle forum for you?

That little BB gun can offer you a lot of safe practice in the house. 90% of shooting skills can be practiced at home.. Drawing and re-holstering, trigger finger discipline, site alignment and basic trigger pull, even just holding the gun properly. BB guns are nice for drills because you don't need to rack the slide every time to reset the trigger, and there is no risk of negligent discharges.

I've found dry fire practice so useful that I do a round or two of dry fire even when I'm at the range, it really helps keep you focused on the basics.

May 11, 2015, 12:29 a.m.

.32-40 dreamin'…………

Quick, someone lend me $10,000…………

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 11, 2015, 7:27 a.m.

^ If we're talking dream guns, then someone can lend me $150k.

https://hollandandholland.com/gun-room/royal-double-rifle/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUXoNUzAyvk

May 11, 2015, 8:48 a.m.

That little BB gun can offer you a lot of safe practice in the house. 90% of shooting skills can be practiced at home.. Drawing and re-holstering, trigger finger discipline, site alignment and basic trigger pull, even just holding the gun properly. BB guns are nice for drills because you don't need to rack the slide every time to reset the trigger, and there is no risk of negligent discharges.

I've found dry fire practice so useful that I do a round or two of dry fire even when I'm at the range, it really helps keep you focused on the basics.

I think Dave likes to sit in the passenger side of his wife's SUV and practice shooting make believe chase scenes. Also likely practices rolling over the hood too .

A guy at work has a few replica airsoft guns that he uses for practicing shooting. They are gas powered and are pretty neat. Not only do they look real, they also disassemble like the real deal too.

May 11, 2015, 10:24 a.m.

You can get into it relatively cheaply. That 10/22 is full custom and would probably cost around 800-1200 to replicate. DLASK is Delta can build you a wicked full custom 10/22 or DAR22 if you want to go that route.

There are many cheaper options however, the Norinco NS522 can be had new around $250 and is known to be very accurate. Another $200 on a good rimfire scope, you will be shooting sub 1" groups at 100 yards with good fundamentals and good conditions.

I've got a marlin 795 and when I do my part, it will sling them in there too. I just use it short range plinking and as a critter getter, so I don't have a scope on it. I think it cost me $200 new.

There are a host of really nice .22lr pistols too, very accurate and reliable. A lot of fun on short ranges. I love shooting 1 hole groups with a pistol around 5 yards, seems silly, but its great practice.

Dante summed it up perfectly. 10/22's a the small block Chevy's of the rifle world. You don't have to spend a ton but the mods become addictive and it doesn't take long for the price of the rifle to skyrocket. That build cost around $1300 all in. The trigger pack alone was $350. Those Dlask 10/22's are all you would ever need and with some dead-simple and cheap trigger work that you can do yourself, you would have a fantastic and very, very, accurate rifle for about $700. If I were to buy another 10/22 it would be a Dlask.

The reason I love .22's is you can shoot all day for $20-$30. You get a lot of trigger time and practice and have a ton of fun for cheap. If you're not hunting the more powerful stuff is just way too expensive to shoot regularly. It wasn't uncommon to go to the range with a handgun and an AR15 and blow through $300 worth of ammo in a few hours.

Another thing is that if you are just shooting targets for accuracy .22's are just as fun as any of the larger caliber rifles IMO. It comes down to skill not power. Shooting out to 500+ yards is fun but at $1.00-$2.00 a shot it's just too pricey for me these days.

I bought one of those NS522's as well but it's sitting in the closet new and un-fired. It's a really nice rifle for the money and they are supposed to be extremely accurate. I mounted a scope and bore sighted it but I haven't got it out to the range yet. You could get into one of those with a scope for $350-$400 and you'd be set.

If you're on the fence about getting your licence just go and get it done. I went through Silvercore when they were just starting out and I thought they were fantastic. A friend got his licence through them a couple years ago and only had positive things to say. And like the others here have said, get your RPAL at the same time.

May 11, 2015, 10:41 a.m.

I grew up shooting a 22 when I was out with my Dad camping. Since then I've shot a few different guns and rifles over the years and I totally think a 22 would suit my needs.

Once a year we would go with my uncles camping and the one had just a few 22 rifles(he might have even brought a half a dozen hand guns) and we would get our fill of shooting them before moving to larger bore guns. Doing it that way sure would save on the more expensive ammo.

This is the 22 that my dad has. I think he got it in the early 60's. It's absolutely in mint shape.

May 11, 2015, 10:52 a.m.

Here's my other little pea shooter. It's not terribly accurate but kind of fun playing in the garage.

so DaveM like to play with his little pea shooter out in the garage.

is anybody really surprised?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

May 11, 2015, 8:33 p.m.

Bryan, that is a Browning SA22 - the ones made in Belgium were a quality gun. They hold their value (worth about $550 or a little more depending on condition) but for the same money, I would personally buy something new.

May 11, 2015, 9 p.m.

Bryan, that is a Browning SA22 - the ones made in Belgium were a quality gun. They hold their value (worth about $550 or a little more depending on condition) but for the same money, I would personally buy something new.

Actually, a lot more in some cases….

Personally, I'd like one of their T-bolts.

But that is a beautiful piece.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 11, 2015, 9:18 p.m.

Dante summed it up perfectly. 10/22's a the small block Chevy's of the rifle world. You don't have to spend a ton but the mods become addictive and it doesn't take long for the price of the rifle to skyrocket. That build cost around $1300 all in. The trigger pack alone was $350. Those Dlask 10/22's are all you would ever need and with some dead-simple and cheap trigger work that you can do yourself, you would have a fantastic and very, very, accurate rifle for about $700. If I were to buy another 10/22 it would be a Dlask.

The reason I love .22's is you can shoot all day for $20-$30. You get a lot of trigger time and practice and have a ton of fun for cheap. If you're not hunting the more powerful stuff is just way too expensive to shoot regularly. It wasn't uncommon to go to the range with a handgun and an AR15 and blow through $300 worth of ammo in a few hours.

Another thing is that if you are just shooting targets for accuracy .22's are just as fun as any of the larger caliber rifles IMO. It comes down to skill not power. Shooting out to 500+ yards is fun but at $1.00-$2.00 a shot it's just too pricey for me these days.

I bought one of those NS522's as well but it's sitting in the closet new and un-fired. It's a really nice rifle for the money and they are supposed to be extremely accurate. I mounted a scope and bore sighted it but I haven't got it out to the range yet. You could get into one of those with a scope for $350-$400 and you'd be set.

If you're on the fence about getting your licence just go and get it done. I went through Silvercore when they were just starting out and I thought they were fantastic. A friend got his licence through them a couple years ago and only had positive things to say. And like the others here have said, get your RPAL at the same time.

You wan't to part with your ns522?