Guitarists?

Jan. 10, 2014, 9:28 a.m.

I'm looking for growly vintage tones for alt-country, experimental, folky rock. Guitars are Tele and Les Paul (w/ vintage PAF clones). I was going to go with a tweed deluxe clone (ceriatone) but now I am thinking an 18 watt clone or maybe a jtm45 clone. I have a cab with a greenbacks already.

Wrong. Always.

Jan. 10, 2014, 9:40 a.m.

Any room for basses in this thread?

Finally got myself a P bass after being a bassist for 15 years. Felt like something I had to do, and I have no regretted it in the slightest

I play in a ska/punk band and that thing has been perfect so far. Cuts through our mix way better than my Dean. Can't wait to do some recording with it.

Jan. 10, 2014, 3:19 p.m.

Not enough Lefty content on here…..7 string time. Schecter Loomis NT.

Just got this the other day…..Amazon 525$…….watch them :shhh:as they play with pricing and you can nab a sparkling deal like I did. Its even cheaper now at 466$ I see. Lower Mainland music shops would sodomize you for 1300+ for such a axe.:fu:

[](http://s208.photobucket.com/user/deadwrong666/media/DSCN1452.jpg.html)

Jan. 10, 2014, 4:28 p.m.

I'm looking for growly vintage tones for alt-country, experimental, folky rock. Guitars are Tele and Les Paul (w/ vintage PAF clones). I was going to go with a tweed deluxe clone (ceriatone) but now I am thinking an 18 watt clone or maybe a jtm45 clone. I have a cab with a greenbacks already.

Yeah so I'm el84'd out. Too trebly. Where's the beef? Where's the ass? So maybe I will get a tweed deluxe. Not a lot of headroom for playing with a loud drummer but I will figure something out. Love the tones from clean to neil young at the turn of the git fiddle knobsky.

Wrong. Always.

Jan. 10, 2014, 5:49 p.m.

Not enough Lefty content on here…..7 string time. Schecter Loomis NT.

Just got this the other day…..Amazon 525$…….watch them :shhh:as they play with pricing and you can nab a sparkling deal like I did. Its even cheaper now at 466$ I see. Lower Mainland music shops would sodomize you for 1300+ for such a axe.:fu:

Yea I saw that. Smoking deal and awesome axe.

Jan. 22, 2014, 4:39 p.m.

How about some Soilwork \m/_

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152161004620867[HTML_REMOVED]set=vb.739140866[HTML_REMOVED]type=2[HTML_REMOVED]theater

Feb. 26, 2014, 9:26 a.m.

Paco de Lucia. RIP

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/paco-de-lucia-dead-at-66-1.2551717

Feb. 26, 2014, 9:30 a.m.

No way!

Feb. 27, 2014, 2:08 p.m.

You guys know of any good guitar techs in tri-cities or burnaby? I was going to a guy in Mental Ridge but maybe there's somebody good and more local. My gits are in need of wiring fixing and fret work. I am thinking of changing the frets on my teles and esquires from the small vintage style ones to the "medium jumbo" size that I have on my Les Paul. With that said, I have always like the vintage frets because they force me to play differently than I do with the Les Paul…which is cool.

Also wouldn't mind picking up a baritone guitar at some point.

Wrong. Always.

April 8, 2014, 6:51 a.m.

Some random noodling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpgoPThVxEY

April 8, 2014, 3:12 p.m.

Love your shredding Universe. Just some noodling/experimenting on my own…..I am abit of a gain whore. Added some special effects to take away from any talent…:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I123nT4Gsjk

:rocker:

May 22, 2014, 9:39 p.m.

for blues/roots style playing through a tube combo amp. I have been ogling the Vox Tonelabs but no retailer seem to stock them. I tried out a friends Boss ME-70 and it didn't really make much of an impression. Never been a Boss pedal fanboy to begin with. I don't want to completely mask out the sound of my amp. My old Korg Toneworks AX300G seems to have bit the dust. I actually liked this pedal except no expression/volume pedal was on it. Korg and Vox are the same company I hear and that's part of why I was looking seriously at the Vox pedals. So what sez you NBR?

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

May 23, 2014, 10:35 a.m.

for blues/roots style playing through a tube combo amp. I have been ogling the Vox Tonelabs but no retailer seem to stock them. I tried out a friends Boss ME-70 and it didn't really make much of an impression. Never been a Boss pedal fanboy to begin with. I don't want to completely mask out the sound of my amp. My old Korg Toneworks AX300G seems to have bit the dust. I actually liked this pedal except no expression/volume pedal was on it. Korg and Vox are the same company I hear and that's part of why I was looking seriously at the Vox pedals. So what sez you NBR?

I'd go with a pedalboard with as much analog content as possible. I find multi-effects tend to screw with the dynamics as well as sometimes add some digital artifacts. Especially for blues/roots, I'd go with a simple, mostly analog (except maybe a digital delay or a digital plate/spring reverb pedal).

Just one mangs opinion.

Also, what kind of combo are you playing through? If it's something like a Deluxe Reverb you've got an awesome reverb and trem already. ;)

Wrong. Always.

May 23, 2014, 12:15 p.m.

I am playing through an original 40W fender blues deluxe, with upgraded speaker and tubes. Chorus, compression, OD/distortion, reverb and delay are all I really need. Yes I have a nice spring reverb in the amp already but the big hall is nice to access on occasion. Can you steer me towards specific make/model for analog content? Mang.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

May 24, 2014, 8:09 a.m.

I am playing through an original 40W fender blues deluxe, with upgraded speaker and tubes. Chorus, compression, OD/distortion, reverb and delay are all I really need. Yes I have a nice spring reverb in the amp already but the big hall is nice to access on occasion. Can you steer me towards specific make/model for analog content? Mang.

Analog reverb pedals usually mean $$$. Maxon AD-900 for example. I'd strongly suggest digital pedals. Lots to choose from there and multiple modes (including simulated analog).