Guitarists?

Aug. 27, 2013, 8:33 a.m.

It is an Ibanez and its already ordered. New model, vendor doesn't have it yet.

This sounds like the new 8 string models that were released at NAMM. Conversely, could be one of the Vai/Signature models - but ya, Ibby's got a lot of new stuff they're pumping out.

Am I right?

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Aug. 27, 2013, 9:07 a.m.

This sounds like the new 8 string models that were released at NAMM. Conversely, could be one of the Vai/Signature models - but ya, Ibby's got a lot of new stuff they're pumping out.

Am I right?

Ibanez SIX27FD.

Aug. 27, 2013, 12:43 p.m.

Ibanez SIX27FD.

Bubinga neck on that one, correct?? 7 string even though the model implies 6?? One of the "made for Sweetwater retail" designs??

Regardless - nice woods on that ax, enjoy 'er.

Aug. 27, 2013, 12:46 p.m.

Bubinga neck on that one, correct?? 7 string even though the model implies 6?? One of the "made for Sweetwater retail" designs??

Regardless - nice woods on that ax, enjoy 'er.

Maple/Bubinga neck, Mahog body/Bubinga top. S body which I love. Gibralter bridge. PAF's. Going to get it set up by Specht guitars on the island. Carvin or Mayones will come next year. :)

Aug. 27, 2013, 7:08 p.m.

Maple/Bubinga neck, Mahog body/Bubinga top. S body which I love. Gibralter bridge. PAF's. Going to get it set up by Specht guitars on the island. Carvin or Mayones will come next year. :)

That's a hot ax man… Very sexy. Love the binding and love the fact it's a fixed bridge - I don't personally get on with trems like the next guy, strictly personal preference, but because it's a fixed bridge, I think it looks so solid.

Nice score.

Oct. 28, 2013, 11:34 a.m.

Just pulled the trigger on a new acoustic yesterday, was looking at a bunch of lower end $1000 +/- Martins and Taylors, fell in love with a Seagull Maritime Solid Wood Series Mini-Jumbo instead. Pretty hard to beat these guitars for the value.

Ended up playing a few guitars in the store, but buying from a dealer in Van online as the salesman at L[HTML_REMOVED]M was 'having a moment'. Upon telling him that I was interested in buying an acoustic with a solid top, back and sides and had played a few Martins and Taylors but was interested in trying out a different model Seagull if they could bring one in. He looked at me, said "I have this conversation ten times a day, we only bring in guitars for people who are serious about purchasing", then immediately looked at the next person in line and asked if he could help them.

Maybe the guy was just having a bad day or something, and I understand that they must deal with a lot of deadbeats (I do have a pretty scruffy beard going ATM as well, maybe that was throwing him off), but it took a lot of restraint not to jump the counter and beat him to death with his own shoes.

Ended up at a buddies house who owns a schwack of Acoustics and played one of his Seagulls in the same body style / nut width and decided to pull the trigger.

Oct. 28, 2013, 1:37 p.m.

Just pulled the trigger on a new acoustic yesterday, was looking at a bunch of lower end $1000 +/- Martins and Taylors, fell in love with a Seagull Maritime Solid Wood Series Mini-Jumbo instead. Pretty hard to beat these guitars for the value.

Ended up playing a few guitars in the store, but buying from a dealer in Van online as the salesman at L[HTML_REMOVED]M was 'having a moment'. Upon telling him that I was interested in buying an acoustic with a solid top, back and sides and had played a few Martins and Taylors but was interested in trying out a different model Seagull if they could bring one in. He looked at me, said "I have this conversation ten times a day, we only bring in guitars for people who are serious about purchasing", then immediately looked at the next person in line and asked if he could help them.

Maybe the guy was just having a bad day or something, and I understand that they must deal with a lot of deadbeats (I do have a pretty scruffy beard going ATM as well, maybe that was throwing him off), but it took a lot of restraint not to jump the counter and beat him to death with his own shoes.

Ended up at a buddies house who owns a schwack of Acoustics and played one of his Seagulls in the same body style / nut width and decided to pull the trigger.

I was there the other day looking at a case for the incoming guitar. I explained it was a standard 25.5inch scale neck. The guy started counting frets and said "well this one is 24". For starters he didn't know the difference between scale and frets…and second, where would a half fret come from? Awesome.

Oct. 28, 2013, 2:05 p.m.

If you're interested in Seagull visit Prestige on Commercial. They're the distributor for Vancouver. The guys their are level 99 guitar tech nerds. I took my Seagull there for servicing and will never go anywhere else now.

Oct. 28, 2013, 4:24 p.m.

Most of those guys have a bit of diva-tude because they're still bummed that their hair band from the 80's didn't get any play on the Fox. And all they've got to show for their "music career" is $12/hour and a case of herpes.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 30, 2013, 9:58 a.m.

Going to get it set up by Specht guitars on the island.

I've heard from friends that Oliver is pretty awesome. My Seagull just arrived and the action is a touch high, anyone you trust locally for a setup or would you recommend taking it to Specht? Happy Birthday BTW!

Oct. 30, 2013, 10:23 a.m.

I've heard from friends that Oliver is pretty awesome. My Seagull just arrived and the action is a touch high, anyone you trust locally for a setup or would you recommend taking it to Specht? Happy Birthday BTW!

Take it to Oliver no question.

Thanks!

Oct. 30, 2013, 10:48 a.m.

Wow, everybody knows Oliver Specht. Good guy.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 30, 2013, 3:18 p.m.

He looked at me, said "I have this conversation ten times a day, we only bring in guitars for people who are serious about purchasing", then immediately looked at the next person in line and asked if he could help them.

Maybe the guy was just having a bad day or something…

I'd have come down so hard on that f*ck he wouldn't have known what hit him. That is NO way to treat a customer, especially one who obviously speaks the brands and knows what they're looking for. What an asswipe. Sorry this happened.

I was there the other day looking at a case for the incoming guitar. I explained it was a standard 25.5inch scale neck. The guy started counting frets and said "well this one is 24". For starters he didn't know the difference between scale and frets…and second, where would a half fret come from? Awesome.

There's a reason I haven't purchased a guitar from a big-box/chain store in, um, over 10 years. What a daft thing to say.

Most of those guys have a bit of diva-tude because they're still bummed that their hair band from the 80's didn't get any play on the Fox. And all they've got to show for their "music career" is $12/hour and a case of herpes.

Probably bang on here. As well, having a plethora of cats coming in to test drive gear who absolutely slay with a 6 gun and put to shame most of the talent behind the counters.

It's been a while since I've been here.
I've picked up a Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva
Another Bogner UberKab
Got to test drive the brand new Bogner Helios that'll be out in 10 weeks (got one on order too)
A Rhodes Amplification Artemis
Just ordered a Godin Multiac Duet Ambiance
Tracking down a few other pieces too…

Been playing as much as possible, which simply isn't enough!

Keep rockin' cats!!
Le Dirty :coo:

Oct. 30, 2013, 4:12 p.m.

Ummm…see my last post. Just go to Prestige. I don't have his name handy but he's European. He knows more about Seagulls then any other tech in town.

Oct. 30, 2013, 9:15 p.m.

Ummm…see my last post. Just go to Prestige. I don't have his name handy but he's European. He knows more about Seagulls then any other tech in town.

Sorry dude, I'm in Courtenay. In order to bring my guitar to Prestige I would be driving for a little over two hours, spending three hours on a ferry, maybe even popping for a hotel room and would eat up at least a day of my time. Or shipping it, which I don't want to do.