Guitarists?

March 20, 2011, 2:46 p.m.

I know some of you play?
whats your rig? what do you play and how long you been playing?

Ive started dickin around with guitars for 10 years and am starting to take it a little more serious these days

mostly play metal.

heres My amp (i posted in the random pic thread.)

my two current guitars.

Got the Jackson dk2 pro 3 or 4 years ago its set up for standard tuning. It's my go to guitar.

Just got the LTD in a trade and I'm pleasantly surprised.. when I got it the trem was all kinds of ****ed up and the string colour matched the body.. they were prolly original. changed the strings cleaned the fret board down set up the bridge and it plays real good.
Its tuned In C for playing kyuss tunes and simillar..

And I have a Jim Root signature stratocaster on order.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 20, 2011, 2:50 p.m.

Ibanez GRX20
Fender Frontman 15 amp

I'm planning on upgrading my amp this summer

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

March 20, 2011, 2:55 p.m.

Yeah, I've got ambitions of a orange rockerverb 100 into a 412 orange cab
or dual/triple rectifier into 4/12 mesa cab.. just cause.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 20, 2011, 3 p.m.

Personally, I don't want a bigger amp, I just want one with foot switch-able channels :/

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

March 20, 2011, 3:31 p.m.

does the remote from guitar hero count? if so i'll post mine later

March 20, 2011, 4:13 p.m.

highway strat w/ lace sensors bought from someone on nsmb
hot rod deluxe
crybaby, memory man deluxe, verbzilla, coolcat tremolo and vibe, headrush e2 looper

March 20, 2011, 4:37 p.m.

Fender Lead II (modified with jumbo frets, radius reduced fretboard, and a Gibson PAF Humbucker in the rear position), Korg AX300 effects processor, Yamaki Steel String, Suzuki Nylon String, Antique guitar from roughly 100 yrs ago, possibly a Washburn. Currently running through a loaner Fender 2 channel amp, model unknown, solid state. I tend to hang onto my guitars and sell amps when I am not using them. I've owned Sunn, Music Man (tube), and Seymour Duncan (tube) amps over the past 30 years.

I recently started getting together with a group weekly after taking the past 5 years off of any collaborating, and when it gels there's nothing like it.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

March 20, 2011, 4:47 p.m.

not alot of people to marmalade with round these parts.. atleast none that i know/like.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 20, 2011, 5:02 p.m.

sweet amp.

March 20, 2011, 8:38 p.m.

It actually sounds amazing with the ltd EMG81/85 combo.

It also loves single coils.
the sound out of the humbucker on the jackson is kind of meh in comparison to single coil and active pups.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 20, 2011, 9:49 p.m.

I've been playing 26 years.

I play 7 and 8 string guitars.
My rig consists of:

Carvin Legacy 2x12 cabinet
Peavey Ultra + 3 channel all tube amp
Digitech GSP1101 digital preamp/effects processor
TC Electronics Gmajor effects processor.

I run this rig in 4 cable method…this allows either the GSP1101 or the Peavey to be the preamp. I can change the internal loop in the GSP to allow this and still use the GPS's effects in both cases. The TC unit also does effects but a nice feature is that it can change the amp channels on the Peavey with a special cable running out of the TC. This renders the amp channel switcher in the pedalboard photo useless and its no longer there. Cuts down on tap dancing and I can go from GSP sound to Peavey sounds AND effects changes with 1 press of the MIDI board.

New pickups on route for the 7 string.

A video if anyone cares. Should make a new one sometime.

March 20, 2011, 10:04 p.m.

haha that vid reminds me of michael angelo batio

March 20, 2011, 10:38 p.m.

Im liking the dream theatre!! awesome guitar playin !
Im a big steve vai fan.. hes just sort of weird in the right ways.. :)

I just got me a new guitar for xmass. I got a sweet G[HTML_REMOVED]L legacy deluxe in honeyburst… frikkin beautifull axe! but my other guitar is a 1989 Charvel model 650XL that I bought new.. I will never sell either one of my babies!
I play through a behringer vintager 112 with a Boss GT 10 efects processor..( I just got it last friday, and Im having a blast monky farting around with it) I used to have an old Peavey triumph 120. but after I changed the tubes in it. ( you have to do that when you have had an amp that has been jammed to hell and back for 15 years) it never sounded the same. :( but with the orig. tubes it was just awesome!!! that thing was the loudest amp i have ever heard!! OMG!!! the sound guys at gigs tried to tell me to turn it down, and i said HOW? its barely on 2!! they thought I was kidding till they looked!! man I would love to get another one….

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

March 21, 2011, 7:58 a.m.

I wouldn't call myself a guitarist but I do have fun with the Danelectro Pro and a little Vox modeling amp (along with an M-Audio Keyrig 25) piped into my Mac/ Garage Band.

March 21, 2011, 9:46 a.m.

Here's some of it:

The backline

An oldie but a goodie

Jazzbox

Leslie for guitar

More stuff

What's life without a Tele

Just a reminder, never wash your guitars in hot!!!

That's enough for now.