GTA V

April 24, 2015, 7:57 a.m.

there are annoying people on both ends… it's all a video game doesnt matter how you enjoy it… just play the damn thing

April 24, 2015, 11:55 a.m.

I've been playing a lot of Elite Dangerous lately. I picked up GTA 5 but couldn't get into it because of the seemingly endless cut-scenes in single player.

If you're into space sh*t and you haven't checked out Elite Dangerous, you should. They built a full-on model of the galaxy with over 400 Billion star systems to explore.

If I had a decent gaming Rig I'd check out Star Citizen as well. E.D. does sound awesome though.

viperfunk.com

April 24, 2015, 1:16 p.m.

If I had a decent gaming Rig I'd check out Star Citizen as well. E.D. does sound awesome though.

I have Star Citizen as well. It has a ton of potential for the future, but there is a lot of hype there that the gameplay definitely does not live up to. It sucks waiting 40 minutes to get into Arena Commander and then having your game crash. That combined with the fact that there is no in-game method to earn credits to purchase new ships.. etc means that you have to fork out real-life dollars, and lots of them. We're talking $2500 US for some limited edition ships.

Here's a great Wired article on SC. http://www.wired.com/2015/03/fans-dropped-77m-guys-buggy-half-built-game/

Elite Dangerous is now at the place the SC will be years from now, and beyond that, it's actually a really well optimized game so you don't have to have a state-of-the-art gaming rig to run it.

April 24, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

I didn't know those two games were of the puzzle/diplomacy type.

Sort of agree, but while you have to literally hack and slay your way through any enemy showing up, in GTA you literally can run over Granny - and that is useless and senseless in my books.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 24, 2015, 1:58 p.m.

Sort of agree, but while you have to literally hack and slay your way through any enemy showing up, in GTA you literally can run over Granny - and that is useless and senseless in my books.

How can you be certain the alien isn't a grand mother as well?

Also, how can you be sure you're fighting on the right side? What if all the media outlets in that world are owned by a few powerful people and use it and the war to further their agenda.

April 25, 2015, 3:21 a.m.

How can you be certain the alien isn't a grand mother as well?

Also, how can you be sure you're fighting on the right side? What if all the media outlets in that world are owned by a few powerful people and use it and the war to further their agenda.

May 8, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

I've been playing video games for about thirty years now and this fucker is on a different level.

May 8, 2015, 10:50 p.m.

I didn't know those two games were of the puzzle/diplomacy type.

God of War and puzzles, yes. Not super hard ones mind you but ones that usually require a certain head from a God or legs. Diplomacy, one could say Kratos is stubborn?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

May 8, 2015, 10:57 p.m.

For me it's the open world small details. The work that went into this is insane, but unless you code for a living I really don't know if it's all that obvious.

Also, I'm not exactly sure what the differences are between the console and PC versions.

May 8, 2015, 10:59 p.m.

God of War, well, I should have listened to some of you right from the beginning - that is one hell of a game.

The series isnt that bad overall either. The scale of 1 [HTML_REMOVED] 2 for a ps2 game I thought was ridiculously well done. Which one you finished?

May 8, 2015, 11:46 p.m.

For me it's the open world small details. The work that went into this is insane, but unless you code for a living I really don't know if it's all that obvious.

That's the one thing I thought was missing from God Of War, you were on a path that you just followed. Combo mashing goodness though. Still have yet to play GTA V as my ps3 is still toasted.