Greece

July 10, 2015, 1:45 p.m.

So the Greek government 'wins' a vote to oppose 'austerity'. Under 1 week later they propose to the creditors pretty much the exact same deal that they opposed and put to a vote.

How much of a clown is Tsipras ? He promised post-vote the banks would be open in 48 hours, they are still closed. Promised that the vote would strengthen his negotiating position, it accomplished the opposite. Promised that they could 'cancel' austerity and stay in the Euro, that's not working out too well.

How exactly did he expect this to play out ? What, was he going to threaten his creditors that he would declare bankruptcy, killing any future credit from Europe. How did he think that Greece would pay for anything imported after they declared bankruptcy ? Where would they get any money at all ? They would have to print their own drachmas knowing that nobody outside of Greece would accept them.

Basically they held a vote asking them to ignore basic economics, may as well have had a vote declaring that the moon was made out of cheese.

This will play out one of two ways
1 - Greece accepts the conditions for more European funding
2 - Greece declares bankruptcy, collapses, the world steps in with a massive foreign aid program

Time for the adults to take charge in Greece.

July 10, 2015, 1:53 p.m.

Everytime I read the news updates on Greece I feel as if I've been rogered up the arse.

Wrong. Always.

July 10, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

So the Greek government 'wins' a vote to oppose 'austerity'. Under 1 week later they propose to the creditors pretty much the exact same deal that they opposed and put to a vote.

How much of a clown is Tsipras ? He promised post-vote the banks would be open in 48 hours, they are still closed. Promised that the vote would strengthen his negotiating position, it accomplished the opposite. Promised that they could 'cancel' austerity and stay in the Euro, that's not working out too well.

How exactly did he expect this to play out ? What, was he going to threaten his creditors that he would declare bankruptcy, killing any future credit from Europe. How did he think that Greece would pay for anything imported after they declared bankruptcy ? Where would they get any money at all ? They would have to print their own drachmas knowing that nobody outside of Greece would accept them.

Basically they held a vote asking them to ignore basic economics, may as well have had a vote declaring that the moon was made out of cheese.

2 - Greece declares bankruptcy, collapses, the world steps in with a massive foreign aid program

Time for the adults to take charge in Greece.

Or 3- Putin steps in with a bag of Russian cash.

Pastor of Muppets

July 10, 2015, 2:22 p.m.

If [1], repeat scenario in a few year's time.

July 10, 2015, 7:16 p.m.

That would be my favourite course of action. Then it gets real

July 10, 2015, 8:14 p.m.

I couldn't believe player three entered this game like he did.

July 10, 2015, 10:50 p.m.

I couldn't believe player three entered this game like he did.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/08/is-putin-playing-puppetmaster-in-greece.html

Pastor of Muppets

July 11, 2015, 6:45 a.m.

That's a possibility, but Russia doesn't have the ability to bail out Greece over the long term, just too much money for a country that is dependent on energy prices.

Main reason why Putin would not bail out Greece? To stay in the Euro, which the Greeks want, any bail out would be used to meet Greece's debt obligations … to Europe and the IMF. In essence, Putin would be giving Greece money for them to pay Europe, basically bailing out Europe for what they are owed. Last thing Putin wants is to send billions to Europe via Greece.

July 11, 2015, 5:22 p.m.

Lost his nerve he did he should do Greeks proud and flip those cocksucking Euro-pigs the bird!

But yeah Putin could give him some salient advice.

After all he's punked those pyschotic yankee scum at every turn, hasn't he?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 11, 2015, 5:41 p.m.

But yeah Putin could give him some salient advice.

After all he's punked those pyschotic yankee scum at every turn, hasn't he?

Who's your favourite banker? Blankfein or Dimon?

July 11, 2015, 6:09 p.m.

Who's your favourite banker? Blankfein or Dimon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHckAFMzaw

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 11, 2015, 6:16 p.m.

Saying you don't like 'Murica but you like Putin is the same as picking one of Dimon or Blankfein.

July 21, 2015, 4:54 p.m.

Didn't say I like Putin I said he could give him some salient advice. Is it your reading comprehension that is suspect or is trying to putting words in other peoples mouths just what youn do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JCrF7S3z0A

Now, try and wrap your head around this.

July 21, 2015, 5:01 p.m.

Didn't say I like Putin I said he could give him some salient advice. Is it your reading comprehension that is suspect or is trying to putting words in other peoples mouths just what youn do?

You did, in past times. "Go the Putin".

Cheering on war-mongering sociopaths pisses me off.

July 21, 2015, 5:20 p.m.

You did, in past times. "Go the Putin".

For being an antidote to 'merican hegemony, yes I did.
And for that, I remain, unrepentant.

Cheering on war-mongering sociopaths pisses me off.

Find one example of me approving the actions of Obummer and his national security state. You can't do it.