Government waste.

Nov. 30, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

All Canadians should be outraged by the amounts these senators are spending [HTML_REMOVED] what they are spending it on. http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/senate-expense-disclosure-released-1.3874450?cmp=rss

Thread killer

Nov. 30, 2016, 10:10 p.m.

Why should I be outraged? Because you are? Because the media tells me I should?

No laws broken, where's the fire?

Not mad, or sad, or glad.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Nov. 30, 2016, 10:41 p.m.

Unelected Federal government Panjandrums waste millions by the Dump truck load and no one cares. Unelected Senators over charge and expense account everything suddenly people are outraged and form angry internet shame herds.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 30, 2016, 10:42 p.m.

Another "so many Canadians are struggling to get by" argument. Does that mean no iPhone for Christmas?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 30, 2016, 11:46 p.m.

The claim includes a $395 bill from Parliament Hill Food Services, which was for a "community event" with 60 guests.

Gasp!

Dec. 1, 2016, 7:48 a.m.

The claim includes a $395 bill from Parliament Hill Food Services, which was for a "community event" with 60 guests.

Gasp!

That's $6.58 per person, real money being spent there are coffee and cookies.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Dec. 1, 2016, 8:34 a.m.

slacktivism

What am I going to do about it? Bitch in the comments section on the CBC website?
Take to the streets?
Doubt it.
If I'm outraged about anything it's the money being spent on the bike lane on Lynn Valley road. Why didn't they do this the last time they refurbished it, with the median up the middle a few years back? Instead Dempsey was the main bike route.

retards.

This rant is my involvement on the issue.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 1, 2016, 9:25 a.m.

So - all of this money was spent in Canada - that's good. Senators are a part of our mostly functioning Government, and part of being involved in any organization that communicates outside of it's own structure is "schmoozing". It's just part of being human. One Senator charged $1,500 for hospitality between July and September - OMG! $500 a month! That means she had lunch with coffee with 1 person around once a week for 3 months!!! OH THE DRAMA!!!

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Dec. 1, 2016, 9:31 a.m.

You want to get angry at our Federal Government about something? How about the fact that the Army Reserve Brigade in BC is out of money and will essentially have to stop training from January to April of 2017. That's something to be pissed about.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Dec. 1, 2016, 10:33 a.m.

I'm just glad that no CEOs or employees of private companies, whom I give my money to for arguably overpriced goods, have ever wasted any money on anything.

It's only this belief in the perfection of the capitalist market that lets me stomach this deplorable government waste.

Dec. 1, 2016, 10:55 a.m.

I'm just glad to no CEOs or employees of private companies, whom I give my money to for arguably overpriced goods, have ever wasted any money on anything.

It's only this belief if the perfection of the capitalist market that lets me stomach this deplorable government waste.

Totally. The private market is always much more efficient. We should privatize everything, leave it up to the almighty market! Scraping a percentage off the top of everything for profits guarantees that end-user services will always be better.

Need to trim 2% out of the budget to get into the black? Instead of increasing the budget or making those unpopular cuts and maybe having to justify it to your constituents? Privatize it! They'll cut 7% from services, 2% to balance their budget and an additional 5% for additional corporate wages and profit. If anyone bitches, just tell them it's a private company and there's nothing you can do. If things get really bad, give the CEO a huge retirement package and replace him.

Then, come election time, you can boast about how that organization is revenue positive!

cough BC Ferries cough

Dec. 1, 2016, 11:09 a.m.

That's $6.58 per person, real money being spent there are coffee and cookies.

Still an outrage … that's 0.03% of the cost per flight hour of a CF-18!

Dec. 1, 2016, 12:05 p.m.

I am all out of outrage.

Take my money.

God bless Trump.

Dec. 1, 2016, 12:34 p.m.

Ah yes. Trump. That guy costing over a million a day in security coverage.

But hey … he saved a thousand murrica jorbz!!!

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 1, 2016, 12:43 p.m.

Loving the non acceptance of the social (media) norms on this thread! :)