Government Questionnaire on Electoral reform

Dec. 8, 2016, 9:11 p.m.

Won't work. There's always uncertainty in quantum mechanics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cryptography

Dec. 9, 2016, 8:07 a.m.

A general rule throughout human history has been - any system built by humans will be broken by humans.

Once prime factorization processes become fast enough, RSA encryption is toast. Prime candidate would be Shor's Alogrithm for integer factorization on a quantum computer.

Dec. 9, 2016, 12:37 p.m.

Quantum computers can factor numbers like 27. Getting to numbers that are 2^2048 in size is going to take a little bit better quantum computer.

RSA is fine when the two required random prime numbers are properly generated.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 9, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

Quantum computers can factor numbers like 27. Getting to numbers that are 2^2048 in size is going to take a little bit better quantum computer.

Ants can support 5,000 times their body weight before losing their heads.

RSA is fine when you have a doctorate in both mathematics and computer science and specialize in the field of security and have written all the code required to craft and encrypt your message, down to the motherboard BIOS and disk drive firmware.

FYP.

Dec. 9, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

Requires a universal (or universal gate) quantum computer, which nobody has yet built …

Dec. 9, 2016, 3:04 p.m.

I fell into that below median age, rural category of male innovators :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 9, 2016, 7:53 p.m.

FYP.

I've written quote a bit of crypto code and RSA is actually pretty straight forward. Only hard part is efficiently working with very large integers.

Weakness is in the generation of the large prime number pairs as the test for primality might not be 100% certain. There were also weakness in early implementation with regards to padding.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 9, 2016, 8:04 p.m.

I've written quote a bit of crypto code and RSA is actually pretty straight forward. Only hard part is efficiently working with very large integers.

Weakness is in the generation of the large prime number pairs as the test for primality might not be 100% certain. There were also weakness in early implementation with regards to padding.

You didn't click on my original link.

You worked with libraries of code. On top of code. On top of code. Ad infinitum.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=nsa+cisco[HTML_REMOVED]source=lnms[HTML_REMOVED]tbm=isch[HTML_REMOVED]sa=X[HTML_REMOVED]ved=0ahUKEwj6qPCo3ujQAhUD32MKHRl0CsIQ_AUICSgC[HTML_REMOVED]biw=2560[HTML_REMOVED]bih=1467#imgrc=_

https://www.google.ca/search?q=nsa+hard+drive+firmware[HTML_REMOVED]ie=utf-8[HTML_REMOVED]oe=utf-8[HTML_REMOVED]gws_rd=cr[HTML_REMOVED]ei=s31LWNeiHdGGjwOMuY_4DQ

https://www.google.ca/search?q=air+gap+bios+virus[HTML_REMOVED]ie=utf-8[HTML_REMOVED]oe=utf-8[HTML_REMOVED]gws_rd=cr[HTML_REMOVED]ei=wH1LWOq0LcfMjwOK0qe4CA

Anyways, back to what kicked this tangent off…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulg_AHBOIQU

Dec. 9, 2016, 11:28 p.m.

No libraries - from scratch. I wrote a large integer class to work with variable size integers for Miller-Rabin primality test. Worked, but not fast.

So I wrote some math routines using FFT matrix calculations to do encryption and decryption as they work faster.

Biggest issue with online security is man in the middle attacks as public key cryptography depends on a secure initial key exchange. I believe this can be achieved for online voting in the same way it is achieved for online banking or virtual private networks.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Dec. 10, 2016, 8:36 a.m.

No libraries - from scratch. I wrote a large integer class to work with variable size integers for Miller-Rabin primality test. Worked, but not fast.

So I wrote some math routines using FFT matrix calculations to do encryption and decryption as they work faster.

Biggest issue with online security is man in the middle attacks as public key cryptography depends on a secure initial key exchange. I believe this can be achieved for online voting in the same way it is achieved for online banking or virtual private networks.

You wrote the compiler too? And the OS? And the drivers? And the disk drive firmware? And the BIOS?

"Biggest issue with online security is man in the middle attacks". Indeed, where we seem to disagree with how big that middle really is.

Dec. 10, 2016, 12:58 p.m.

Only drivers, and some components of the other stuff.

I haven't disagreed about how big the middle is. If anything, it's getting smaller.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Dec. 10, 2016, 5:41 p.m.

Only drivers, and some components of the other stuff.

I haven't disagreed about how big the middle is. If anything, it's getting smaller.

Hence the proliferation of repositories like NPM. /s

The middle is getting bigger and bigger and it's never going back.

Dec. 12, 2016, 10:26 a.m.

http://mycanadiandemocracy.ca/

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.