Gordo's gone!!!

Nov. 3, 2010, 2:15 p.m.

I can't say I know for sure, but I found this graph which I thought was interesting in the Tyee.

The Tyee saw this as evidence that the NDP did the best job overall, but what I noticed is that the Liberals were the only party to keep BC's growth consistently higher than the rest of Canada. It was that bit of time in the late nineties where BC was doing shit compared to the rest of Canada that probably hurt the NDP the most.

The Tyee isn't exactly a pillar of objectivity, are you really surprised that they're trying to toot the NDP's horn?

I don't remember the global economy crashing in the 90's (there was a recession, but nothing on the same scale as 2008-??), do you?

Nov. 3, 2010, 2:26 p.m.

you'll still get your car taken away if you're drinking and driving or speeding, and the HST is still here…

nobody is this dumb.

Nov. 3, 2010, 2:39 p.m.

can they pleaseeeee privatize boooozeeeeeeee

Nov. 3, 2010, 2:42 p.m.

The Tyee isn't exactly a pillar of objectivity, are you really surprised that they're trying to toot the NDP's horn?

I don't remember the global economy crashing in the 90's (there was a recession, but nothing on the same scale as 2008-??), do you?

:lol: No of course they will prop the NDP, I just thought it was funny that they used the graph above to do it. They see what they want to see. They should have at least air brushed out the line for the Canadian economy.

And no, there was no global meltdown in the nineties like we have now. People remember the fast ferries as the legacy of the NDP much as they will do with the HST and the Liberals, but I can clearly remember being pissed that Ontario was rolling when BC was stagnant in the mid to late nineties.

Nov. 3, 2010, 2:47 p.m.

there was no global meltdown in the nineties like we have now.

Short memories. There was one of the worst economic calamities in two decades. Tech bubble.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Nov. 3, 2010, 2:58 p.m.

yawn

Blah Blah bitch bitch .. Gordo lied

Previously in BC.

Blah Blah bitch bitch Vander Zalm lied.
Blah Blah bitch bitch Harcourt lied
Blah Blah bitch bitch Glen Clark lied

Gee, you'd all think you took stupid pills. Their politicians they all lie.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:03 p.m.

Their politicians

mine too?

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:06 p.m.

Short memories. There was one of the worst economic calamities in two decades. Tech bubble.

My memory is fine thankyou. As I mentioned in my post, there was a recession, but It was a blip on the radar compared to 2008-current recession.

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:08 p.m.

My memory is fine thankyou. As I mentioned in my post, there was a recession, but It was a blip on the radar compared to 2008-current recession.

It was pretty bad. Things were dire then. There were also two major housing slumps in BC during that time. It was way worse for BC than the current recession; strangely enough.

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:13 p.m.

It was pretty bad. Things were dire then. There were also two major housing slumps in BC during that time. It was way worse for BC than the current recession; strangely enough.

Exactly, and why do you think that is? Why were there two major housing slumps in the nineties? If the national and global economies were far more toxic during the current recession than in the late nineties, which they are, why did our province fair better this time? What's different?

In terms of global and national economics, the tech bubble was minuscule compared to the current recession.

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:17 p.m.

Uh … dotcom bubble anyone?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:19 p.m.

Uh … dotcom bubble anyone?

Kn.

Again, when compared to the current recession.

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:20 p.m.

Exactly, and why do you think that is? Why were there two major housing slumps in the nineties? If the national and global economies were far more toxic during the current recession than in the late nineties, which they are, why did our province fair better this time? What's different?

In terms of global and national economics, the tech bubble was minuscule compared to the current recession.

I'd think oil sands which weren't up and running profitably til this last decade and the olympics were a big part of it. I'd say at least half.

The liberals did stimulate development but at what cost? The province is the least affordable it's ever been. Secondary education is more expensive, housing is more expensive. Taxation is hardly better, just different. Income hasn't improved for the better really either.

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:23 p.m.

The liberals did stimulate development but at what cost? The province is the least affordable it's ever been. Secondary education is more expensive, housing is more expensive. Taxation is hardly better, just different. Income hasn't improved for the better really either.

this.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 3, 2010, 3:36 p.m.

I wonder if Sarah Palin is available? It would be good practice for her for a 2012 run.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"