George Floyd's murder trial

April 28, 2021, 6:39 p.m.

Posted by: Schnickelfritz

So much for the 'Just ignore Shogun' strategy.

Just further proof I'm irresistible.

April 28, 2021, 7:05 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

For the amount of time you have to post on here you have more than enough time to find answers for the questions you have.

When I take the time to give you a thoughtful response you normally misrepresent it in your response or reply with something that is not relevant to the point at hand. A page ago you made a somewhat reasonable post so I decided to reply -  even though there's been a movement on here to not respond to you. In that post I clearly explained why the fentanyl was not the cause of his death and in your reply you completely ignored that. You took one small part, completely misrepresented what I said and then used it to support your own idea.  You put words in my mouth that I did not say. To top it off you chose to one up yourself and add in a repulsive comment about addiction. That is your typical style of posting and it does not add to the conversation, it mainly disrupts it. It could be a comprehension issue, bias, self-awareness or maybe something else that could be mental health related such as ADHD as you exhibit some of the traits. Whatever is going on there is a problem with the way you process and interpret information and interact with other people on here. You say this not a you thing but it is as your responses do not connect to the conversation in a manner that most people would consider sensible or reasonable.

I say this with all seriousness in that you need to take a step back from here and figure out what is causing these issues for you. It is not us being uppity, it's you having problems playing nice with others.

Let me correct both of us then: I no longer care to take the time to try to appease you and everyone else. Thats a goose chase.

Look up this page at what I told xxx'er. You guys are responsible for this monster you created and I can put the genie back in the bottle and throttle it. But for now I see no good reason from anyone of you to do so. You guys blame for defending myself or even trying to explain something, which then turns the thread focus onto me. Then you all blame me ? Talk about the points or try to and dont kill the messenger you effing idiots and we can have nice things again.

Whats bolded prove's some level of condescendingness and you can keep your pyschobabble because half of this is what you guys wanted. Otherwise, you'd focus of content like I said you should and you could see the difference. But nope, you fuckers are insane. You keep doing the same things and wonder why the Shogun doesnt change.

April 28, 2021, 7:06 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

there is nothing left, when no one wants to talk to you ... then you have won

Apparently this hungry mouse keeps coming back for scraps.

April 28, 2021, 7:10 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Unmoderated forums always end up this way. It's similar to the Bonnie Henry "be kind" approach to handling a pandemic. It seems like a nice idea, but breaks down as it encounters actual people. Shogun should have been hit with a few proper warnings and a ban or two for his anti-social behavior quite some time ago. Especially if the forum owners won't put out any type of tooling for community based moderation.

Holy fuckballs people!

Antisocial behaviour while I'm most the engaging dude on the board? I reply even when you fuckers dont want me to. Nothing anti social about that dude so that's rich. Right up there with you thinking all the USPS posties were deputized lol.

I see NBR no longer cares about George. Keep it coming idiots.

April 28, 2021, 7:37 p.m.

you are still the win

ad nobody wants to talk to you

April 28, 2021, 8:20 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Look up this page at what I told xxx'er. You guys are responsible for this monster you created and I can put the genie back in the bottle and throttle it. But for now I see no good reason from anyone of you to do so. You guys blame for defending myself or even trying to explain something, which then turns the thread focus onto me. Then you all blame me ? Talk about the points or try to and dont kill the messenger you effing idiots and we can have nice things again.

Did my initial response to your question on fentanyl OD's attack you or your post in any way?

April 29, 2021, 4:21 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Unmoderated forums always end up this way. It's similar to the Bonnie Henry "be kind" approach to handling a pandemic. It seems like a nice idea, but breaks down as it encounters actual people. Shogun should have been hit with a few proper warnings and a ban or two for his anti-social behavior quite some time ago. Especially if the forum owners won't put out any type of tooling for community based moderation.

Holy fuckballs people!

Antisocial behaviour while I'm most the engaging dude on the board? I reply even when you fuckers dont want me to. Nothing anti social about that dude so that's rich. Right up there with you thinking all the USPS posties were deputized lol.

I see NBR no longer cares about George. Keep it coming idiots.

You see yourself as the most "engaging dude on the board"? As in: genuinely interested in what others have to say, curiosity, warmth, empathy and understanding?

Last edited by: Mic on April 29, 2021, 4:25 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 29, 2021, 9:47 a.m.

Just further proof I'm irresistible.

I've never seen so many people pissing and moaning about each other when all they have to do is fucking stop. My four year old knows that if kids at the playground are being mean, or rude, to just walk away.

Out of curiosity, why do you stick around? You honestly seem to hate it here, you clearly dislike all of the people you're engaging with, I don't think there is a single person here that you haven't called a name at this point. So what are you getting out of it?

Likewise, why do you think everyone insists on engaging with you? Is it an ego thing? Have you actually gotten anything out of any of the engagements you've had with anyone here? Is it just a left/right paradigm in your eyes, or do you feel like its something deeper? After listening to the same criticisms for years, do you feel like you've ever addressed any of them? Do you feel anyone has sufficiently addressed any of the criticisms you've leveled at them?

It's genuinely fascinating. It's like a bunch of masochists all flagellating themselves.

Last edited by: Schnickelfritz on April 29, 2021, 11:24 a.m., edited 3 times in total.
April 30, 2021, 7:35 a.m.

Not the first time as a mountain biker I’ve been accused of being a masochist. 🤷🏼‍♂️

April 30, 2021, 8:52 a.m.

Shogun is the crazy uncle at Thanksgiving dinner.  Sure you try not to engage after he's had a half dozen beers and tells your mom her mashed potatoes taste like a dogs ass, but as bad as it was everyone agrees to have him back the following year.

April 30, 2021, 8:57 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETf7NJOMS6Y

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/maryland-medical-examiner-investigation-chavin-testimony/2021/04/23/61951580-a2ed-11eb-85fc-06664ff4489d_story.html

Last edited by: tungsten on April 30, 2021, 9:30 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 1, 2021, 3:26 p.m.

Re: Dave Grossmann

I think people like him have done serious harm in US society as a whole. 

Instead of de-escalating strategies, for example, the police is taught they are part of a society at war. 'To protect and serve' a community no more, it seems.

May 1, 2021, 4:36 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Instead of de-escalating strategies, for example, the police is taught they are part of a society at war. 'To protect and serve' a community no more, it seems.

There's a really good seven part podcast by Robert Evans called "Behind the Police" it's long but definitely worth a listen. A lot of people find him annoying but he rarely misses and does his research.

May 3, 2021, 4:34 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: Mic

There's a really good seven part podcast by Robert Evans called "Behind the Police" it's long but definitely worth a listen. A lot of people find him annoying but he rarely misses and does his research.

Thanks for passing that on. I check it out. 

I think for martial artists, Grossman's book "On killing" should be required reading, along with Miller's "Meditations on violence" and Kane's (?) "Little black book of violence". 

The mindset that is present in his lectures and the video that tungsten posted, and his books for that matter,  may do little to educate police officers in how to de-escalate conflicts in a non-harmful way. Police officers should not be "warriors", that is what soldiers do for a living. The idea of having a police force is relatively new one, historically speaking, and it should reflect the values of a society it is an important part of.

May 4, 2021, 2:33 p.m.

I just heard in the moments before Floyd died Chauvin said "he probably has excited delerium or whatever" 

This led me down a rabbit hole trying to figure out what excited delerium was and what I learned made me want to punch holes in drywall. 

So little has changed....