George Floyd's murder trial

April 9, 2021, 7:07 p.m.

Anybody following this? I saw some evidence the other day that might make the conviction of Chauvin not be the slam dunk a lot of people think it is. Part of the evidence is that a meth/fentanyl pill with Floyd's saliva in it was found in the back of the cruiser they tried to put him into. The toxicology reports indicate while he had drugs in his system, it had been some time since they were ingested and it would appear he wasn't high at the time. I think the prosecution needs to be really clear on sorting out the drugs in his system bit as that is key to the defense and it could affect the jury enough to create reasonable doubt. I think at a minimum he will get convicted on manslaughter, not sure about the murder charges though. If he gets off completely the riots that took place last year are going to seem like a baby's birthday party compared to what will happen this time around.I'm a bit surprised too that the coverage of some of these things hasn't been more prominent.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/04/07/chauvin-trial-george-floyd

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Last edited by: syncro on April 9, 2021, 10:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 9, 2021, 10:13 p.m.

The prosecution has purposely brought out every bad thing about Floyd so that the defence will not have anything new or thunderous in their presentation.

The defense cross examination has been weak.  Three teenage girls yelling at the police to check his pulse is supposedly a hostile environment that affected the police response.

Pretty much every doctor or emt or coroner that has taken the stand seem disgusted by what they've seen in the bystander and bodycam videos.  In other words, all the subterfuge about fentanyl or resisting getting put in the back of the squad car is nothing compared to a 9 minute video of a knee on the neck and, energy after Floyd supposed breathing.

April 10, 2021, 9 p.m.

https://jacksonvillefreepress.com/craig-hodges-played-political-basketball-and-it-cost-him-his-pro-career/

April 11, 2021, 9:50 a.m.

Is there a link to a Sinkrow approved tox report? I wouldnt want to comment or start something from unapproved source meow.

edit: please no graphs bruv.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on April 11, 2021, 9:59 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 11, 2021, 9:57 a.m.

Posted by: switch

1.The prosecution has purposely brought out every bad thing about Floyd so that the defence will not have anything new or thunderous in their presentation.

2.The defense cross examination has been weak.  Three teenage girls yelling at the police to check his pulse is supposedly a hostile environment that affected the police response.

1 - isnt that what you guys do to me? The ol' Nick Naylor 'I dont have to prove myself right, I just have to prove you wrong and make ya look bad' school of thought. He was from Thank You for Smoking.

2 - Looks like woke'ism can be a benefit in a court of law (if the judge actually agreed some teen girls created a bad environment.. too bad they're not of age other wise that could lead to manslaughter and another riot).

April 12, 2021, 12:45 p.m.

Not sure what you mean by "have my feelings changed". My post was a question as to whether the evidence provided may influence the jury on their thoughts of guilty. I haven't followed things very closely, the only thing I've looked into is the question of traces of drugs in his system and the toxicology report and assessment indicate he wouldn't have been high as has been suggested in some places, which is what I said above. 

I raised the question as we've all seen cases in the past where conviction s should have been obtained but juries voted not guilty based on uncertainty over what should have been a certain guilty verdict. I think that's why Chauvin was charged with multiple counts, including manslaughter, in order to give the jury the opportunity to convict on at least one charge. 

My feeling in that Chauvin is guilty of all charges. As I pointed out in another thread, Chauvin had his knee on Floyd's neck for 3 minutes after he had gone unconscious.

April 12, 2021, 1:09 p.m.

Omg they shot another one! Cop thought he was grabbing his Taser? Weak.....

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/tag/officer-involved-shooting/

https://blackagendareport.com/murder-daunte-wright-ruined-derek-chauvin-show-trial

Last edited by: tungsten on April 15, 2021, 10:55 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 12, 2021, 3:20 p.m.

No worries, and no need to delete the post as it raised some good points.

ps - sorry that I wasn't more clear with my intent.

Last edited by: syncro on April 12, 2021, 3:59 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 12, 2021, 4:19 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Omg they shot another one! Cop thought he was grabbing his Taser? Weak.....

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/tag/officer-involved-shooting/

She.

April 15, 2021, 7:40 p.m.

https://blackagendareport.com/murder-daunte-wright-ruined-derek-chauvin-show-trial

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/04/15/footage-chicago-police-shooting-13-year-old-adam-toledo-fuels-outrage

Last edited by: tungsten on April 15, 2021, 10:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 16, 2021, 9:03 a.m.

And now a 13 year old kid in Chicago.

April 16, 2021, 10:21 a.m.

And another mass shooting.  America is truly on the empire backslide.

I haven't really been following the Chauvin case but if all of the medical experts say that drugs were not the cause of his death what difference does it make?  He stayed on his neck for three minutes after he stopped responding.  That is murder no matter how high he was.  The problem of course is the jury.  12 random Americans is not a recipe for critical thinking.

April 16, 2021, 11:34 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

He stayed on his neck for three minutes after he stopped responding.  That is murder no matter how high he was. 

This exactly. Everything else is background noise. Chauvin restricted Floyd's airway for 9 minutes. Floyd's last words were "I can't breathe".

Regardless of all the background noise, there are very few healthy humans that could live through this.

April 16, 2021, 12:19 p.m.

The problem of course is the jury.  12 random Americans is not a recipe for critical thinking.

This was my point with starting the thread; can the jury get this right or will there be a few people who’s biases get in the way and they use the defence’s arguments to find Chauvin not guilty?

April 16, 2021, 1:40 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

The problem of course is the jury.  12 random Americans is not a recipe for critical thinking.

This was my point with starting the thread; can the jury get this right or will there be a few people who’s biases get in the way and they use the defence’s arguments to find Chauvin not guilty?

I have listened to too many true crime podcasts to have an unbiased opinion.  Every wrongfully convicted prisoner has a story that starts and ends with a bunch of dipshits on the jury.  So ya, I could totally see them letting him off.  They are 12 people that somehow had never heard about this case before the trial.  They are uninformed by design.