George Floyd's murder trial

April 24, 2021, 9:24 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

All my point is trying to convey is for the appeal process, its an easy argument to make and you said it yourself, that his body was shutting down so he would've stopped breathing with or without a knee on his back. And that's just looking at the fentanyl. Not the reported meth, weed, booze and probably some cocaine that was in his tox report.

I'm not familiar with the details but if I was Chauvin's law team I'd be checking which cop called for EMS and how long after Floyd said he couldnt breathe. Because if my client was restraining Floyd, how could he call for help while restraining him and protect his fellow blue team?

JFC - no, that's not at all what I said. Back to the penalty box for you until you can improve your reading comprehension.

April 24, 2021, 10:26 p.m.

Give him a game misconduct!

April 25, 2021, 8:13 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

If only if we knew what effect cutting off oxygen to the human body has.

If referring to drugs, there are many brain scan pictures available online that show which drugs cut off or limit how much oxygen gets to the brain.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he was referring to suffocation. I’m no medical expert but it seems to me that all but one of your listed symptoms could be related to suffocation. And off hand I don’t recall any vomiting.

April 25, 2021, 9:16 a.m.

Yeah I guess I wasn’t specific enough. 

I was referring to cutting off oxygen by blocking the airway.

Like with your knee. For 9 minutes.

April 25, 2021, 9:22 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

All my point is trying to convey is for the appeal process, its an easy argument to make and you said it yourself, that his body was shutting down so he would've stopped breathing with or without a knee on his back. And that's just looking at the fentanyl. Not the reported meth, weed, booze and probably some cocaine that was in his tox report.

I'm not familiar with the details but if I was Chauvin's law team I'd be checking which cop called for EMS and how long after Floyd said he couldnt breathe. Because if my client was restraining Floyd, how could he call for help while restraining him and protect his fellow blue team?

JFC - no, that's not at all what I said. Back to the penalty box for you until you can improve your reading comprehension.

Perhaps you're mistaking me adding an argument / statement on to the end of your own words and then you think I'm saying its you but thats just me paraphrasing and using it for my own argument.  Why do I have to explain it when we all do that?

We are in agreement: his body was shutting down. Right? There's also more at play than just fetanyl, right? So it would stand to reason he would've OD'd on his own in the same time frame. Unless you want to blame the cops for inducing a heart attack based on drug use?

So lets face it, he was slowly OD'ing b/c he was a champ user with a high tolerance for speed balls. He just chose the wrong time to go out spending counterfeit $20s.

April 25, 2021, 9:27 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Yeah I guess I wasn’t specific enough. 

I was referring to cutting off oxygen by blocking the airway.

Like with your knee. For 9 minutes.

Oh I know. I just went with the drug induced oxygen deprived brain angle as another reason why someone would stop breathing. Because if your brain has no oxygen, your autonomous nervous system wont be firing correctly.

April 25, 2021, 12:03 p.m.

So lets face it, he was slowly OD'ing b/c he was a champ user with a high tolerance for speed balls. He just chose the wrong time to go out spending counterfeit $20s.

No, that’s not how an opioid overdose happens. Opioids put you out quick, the reaction or hit is instantaneous. If there’s enough in your system to overload your endorphin releasing receptors you’ll have minutes before you stop breathing.  You don’t “slowly” overdose on opioids. However, having someone kneel on you neck while you’re face down on the street for 9 minutes will kill you by cutting off the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain. 

You should stop with the ignorant speculation, all it’s doing is strengthening our negative view of you.

April 25, 2021, 1:56 p.m.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/22373806/george-floyd-trial-derek-chauvin-minneapolis-black-lives-matter

In the Derek Chauvin trial, the defense’s attempt to blame George Floyd’s death on drug use relies on retrograde and racist myths.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on April 25, 2021, 1:59 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 25, 2021, 5:48 p.m.

No, that’s not how an opioid overdose happens. Opioids put you out quick, the reaction or hit is instantaneous. If there’s enough in your system to overload your endorphin releasing receptors you’ll have minutes before you stop breathing.  You don’t “slowly” overdose on opioids. However, having someone kneel on you neck while you’re face down on the street for 9 minutes will kill you by cutting off the flow of blood and oxygen to your brain. 

You should stop with the ignorant speculation, all it’s doing is strengthening our negative view of you.

Well then, state your qualifications to make that statement for a change? As I said, theres more than just fentanyl at play so its not just that easy as saying I'm ignorant and its a straight opiod OD. Because I can easily introduce something called naloxone to the argument which does what? How long does a 'responder' have to use naloxone?

As for YOUR negative viewpoint, do you think I care? Thats your problem.

April 25, 2021, 5:48 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

https://www.vox.com/first-person/22373806/george-floyd-trial-derek-chauvin-minneapolis-black-lives-matter

In the Derek Chauvin trial, the defense’s attempt to blame George Floyd’s death on drug use relies on retrograde and racist myths.

So the defense are Democrats?

April 26, 2021, 1:51 a.m.

Well then, state your qualifications to make that statement for a change? As I said, theres more than just fentanyl at play so its not just that easy as saying I'm ignorant and its a straight opiod OD. Because I can easily introduce something called naloxone to the argument which does what? How long does a 'responder' have to use naloxone?

I’ve done training on using naloxone at work and have a kit that I keep with me that I can administer to someone who is od’ing. I’ve studied addictions and their affects in uni. But most of all I can read and learn about these things, including using sources like the internet. As long as a person is still breathing and has a pulse naloxone can be administered and the effects are pretty much instantaneous. Even if their heart has stopped beating you can still administer naloxone and perform cpr, although the odds are not good. The other substances found in Floyd’s would have been of no consequence, just like the fentanyl. 

Anyone can find information about these things if they are interested as there are plenty of resources available. That’s why I called your post ignorant speculation, as the correct info is readily available. 

I’ve tried a number of times to figure things out with you and explain why people here have a difficult time with your posts. I don’t know what’s going on with you, but your behaviour does not work for the rest of us. People get into spats and disagreements here all the time, but for some reason you tend to escalate it to a higher level.  I think It would be good for you to figure out why that is. I’ll even spend time to sit down with you in person if you think that will help make this thing better. With whatever is driving this for you,  myself and many others would like it to stop as your antics are ruining the experience here for us.

April 26, 2021, 8:27 p.m.

Mesa, Arizona police officer Philip Mitchell Braisford executed Daniel Shaver without charge or trial as Shaver crawled — unarmed, following Braisford’s orders, and begging for his life — on a hotel hallway floor. Braisford was acquitted after claiming he thought Shaver was reaching for a gun — then allowed to rejoin the police force for just long enough to retire, at the age of 28, with a guaranteed pension of $31,000 per year for life.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/04/26/police-violence-the-standards-are-topsy-turvy/

April 27, 2021, 12:10 a.m.

I’ve done training on using naloxone at work and have a kit that I keep with me that I can administer to someone who is od’ing. I’ve studied addictions and their affects in uni. But most of all I can read and learn about these things, including using sources like the internet. As long as a person is still breathing and has a pulse naloxone can be administered and the effects are pretty much instantaneous. Even if their heart has stopped beating you can still administer naloxone and perform cpr, although the odds are not good. The other substances found in Floyd’s would have been of no consequence, just like the fentanyl. 

Anyone can find information about these things if they are interested as there are plenty of resources available. That’s why I called your post ignorant speculation, as the correct info is readily available. 

I’ve tried a number of times to figure things out with you and explain why people here have a difficult time with your posts. I don’t know what’s going on with you, but your behaviour does not work for the rest of us. People get into spats and disagreements here all the time, but for some reason you tend to escalate it to a higher level.  I think It would be good for you to figure out why that is. I’ll even spend time to sit down with you in person if you think that will help make this thing better. With whatever is driving this for you,  myself and many others would like it to stop as your antics are ruining the experience here for us.

I thought you would know I like to bark up the appropriate tree. Since you are that tree now, I have an issue with naloxone. In fact, I have an issue with drug addicts flagrantly dying and us wasting time and money on revival. Perhaps your personal feelings or bias regarding that are why we're in disagreement about Floyds death. My friends a fireman and doesnt pretend to know how Floyd died - how do you to claim to know?

Figuring me out is easy. Give me answers to my questions with out the sanctimonious clique work and we can move past this. None of you have figured out I'm serious with most of my questions. For as smart as you guys are, I just cant take you guys seriously half the time. How so? Similar to this: "nbr thinks the media is biased and uninformative; nbr still only accepts quotes and links from them msm as trusted. nbr thinks big pharma needs to be reeled into and taken down a peg; nbr rushes out for an experimental vaccine and starts chatting like they just signed up for an mlm. nbr corrects Shogun and says its direct sales and not mlm."

You could've just said, "shogun naloxone would'nt have applied in this case. check this link". I ask you guys questions because you guys are smart and I dont have time to find the actual right answers or all of them. If I do, I like to a) run it by other people and b) talk about it yo.  So if you fuckers would work with me, we could get somewhere.

So this is a you guys being all uppity thing, not a me thing. Just for the record.

April 27, 2021, 7:29 a.m.

I thought you would know I like to bark up the appropriate tree. Since you are that tree now, I have an issue with naloxone. In fact, I have an issue with drug addicts flagrantly dying and us wasting time and money on revival.

Man I sure hope Lady Gravity isn't still around and reading the boards. 

Her son was 16 and not an addict. Just went to a party.

April 27, 2021, 8:28 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

I thought you would know I like to bark up the appropriate tree. Since you are that tree now, I have an issue with naloxone. In fact, I have an issue with drug addicts flagrantly dying and us wasting time and money on revival.

Man I sure hope Lady Gravity isn't still around and reading the boards. 

Her son was 16 and not an addict. Just went to a party.

The level of detail and relevance in this post is amazing.