gang shootings

Feb. 18, 2009, 12:30 a.m.

im bumping this thread up to 4 star rating

you need to be getting a "Bro-deal" to get the good goodies.

i dont see how being spawzord would help

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 18, 2009, 12:43 a.m.

OK - I'm confused. Sleeper's sleeping with Bob Vila?

Feb. 18, 2009, 8:47 a.m.

Interesting point about the gangs. I wonder if really it has more to do with society today then drugs about the brazen violence we are seeing today.

I mean we have a generation of children- the millenium generation who where supposedly raised with no comprehension of responsibility. Meaning mommy and daddy saved the day.

It seems that we have become a society that spends more time hand wringing over police action and not being to tough on criminals. We are more willing to protect a criminals identity then anything else.

We spend more time critisizing the cops and the justice system for anything they do. We bitch because something was done yet when nothing is done we bitch.

We seem to fail to realize at least half of this shit that is going on is our own fault. We are the one's who voted in the people who made these decisions. And because of those decisions we are living the reality we have created today.

The reality is that criminals around the world view the Canadian Justice systems as a joke. And because of all the decisions in the past made in actuality empowers them. Because they know we will hold the actions of a cop during a shoot out with a gangster to impossible standards. And then immediatly attack the cops for thei actions. It seems like we never critisize the gangsters for their actions.

Well, other then the usuall government spokesweasels who will give mumbo jumbo speeches, claim it was a tragedy, and blame the gun as usuall. Yet will do nothing to deal with our jammed in neutral justice system.

Oh, now we're at the "blame the public that criticizes the police for gang violence" stage…

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Feb. 18, 2009, 8:54 a.m.

Oh, now we're at the "blame the public that criticizes the police for gang violence" stage…

well we blamed anyone that smokes pot, rap music, video games and gunpowder (in another thread) this is really all that there is left. Has anyone pointed the finger at the Sopranos yet? How about CSI?

I'd be interested in reading your opinion on how to reduce the current balloon in public gang violence?

Feb. 18, 2009, 8:59 a.m.

Yeah, I call bullshit on that post by Enduramill too.

I don't care what the situation is: unless you are completely mentally unstable- and I mean certifiable nut job- people have the ability to make sound, conscious decisions. Most people have the ability to reason.

Just like I have a choice to drink or not, just like many of you have a choice to smoke or not, or to snort whatever up your nose. You have a choice as to weather you want to pile into a car sporting your glock, gat, or whatever the kids are playing with these days, and go shoot another human being.

Seriously Enduramill, you can be actually buying into the bullshit you're trying to sell?

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Feb. 18, 2009, 9:34 a.m.

I'd be interested in reading your opinion on how to reduce the current balloon in public gang violence?

Well, I for one don't see the current "balloon" as a terribly bad thing. Everyone has a hard-on for the HA because they keep their shit quiet, but they're just as detrimental and awful for society as this new breed of ultraviolent gangs. So if both groups of people are scum, and one of them gets the public angry enough to do something about it, then good.

Before you say that the HA is better because the public isn't harmed, fuck that; the HA is why kids get meth-laced joints. I have no problem with people doing drugs, but giving children highly addictive, incredibly harmful drugs is fucking awful.

As for solving the gang problems, my solutions are pipe dreams. I mean, we have a government and public that can't wrap their heads around more intelligent drug control… how can we expect ANYTHING to get done? I think its obvious I'm in the "prohibition doesn't work, so legalize almost everything and send my kids to college for free with the tax revenues it brings in" camp.

I think this image should be posted in every discussion like this:

Anyway, there will always be people who are not willing to take the traditional routes to becoming rich (lawyer, banker, doctor, political scumbag, etc.), and some of them will be quite smart. That's a problem, and until things change a LOT, people will find things that are in demand but inaccessible through legal channels, and profit from them.

So yeah, if you're looking for 2 simple solutions from me: one would be to revamp our ridiculous drug laws, and two would be to socially ostracize gang members. They just want money and power, like everyone else, but if their money wont get them a seat in a restaurant or their ass wiped by Majin, then what good is it?

I know, both my solutions are totally unrealistic; that's why I haven't piped up in this thread really.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Feb. 18, 2009, 9:56 a.m.

Well, I for one don't see the current "balloon" as a terribly bad thing. Everyone has a hard-on for the HA because they keep their shit quiet, but they're just as detrimental and awful for society as this new breed of ultraviolent gangs. So if both groups of people are scum, and one of them gets the public angry enough to do something about it, then good.

Before you say that the HA is better because the public isn't harmed, fuck that; the HA is why kids get meth-laced joints. I have no problem with people doing drugs, but giving children highly addictive, incredibly harmful drugs is fucking awful.

As for solving the gang problems, my solutions are pipe dreams. I mean, we have a government and public that can't wrap their heads around more intelligent drug control… how can we expect ANYTHING to get done? I think its obvious I'm in the "prohibition doesn't work, so legalize almost everything and send my kids to college for free with the tax revenues it brings in" camp.

I think this image should be posted in every discussion like this:

Anyway, there will always be people who are not willing to take the traditional routes to becoming rich (lawyer, banker, doctor, political scumbag, etc.), and some of them will be quite smart. That's a problem, and until things change a LOT, people will find things that are in demand but inaccessible through legal channels, and profit from them.

So yeah, if you're looking for 2 simple solutions from me: one would be to revamp our ridiculous drug laws, and two would be to socially ostracize gang members. They just want money and power, like everyone else, but if their money wont get them a seat in a restaurant or their ass wiped by Majin, then what good is it?

I know, both my solutions are totally unrealistic; that's why I haven't piped up in this thread really.

Credit where it's due: that is the most intelligent post in here, and I can't disagree.

Just because the HA "do it quietly" doesn't make them better. Besides, apparently most of these gangs (UN, etc.) are tied to the HA in one way or another- HA being top dog.

The effects and relative harm of pot- at this time- are irrelevant. At this point they are illegal, and because they are illegal, the drug is a massive factor in a hugely sophisticated black market. Around here, pot is not only a drug, but a bartering currency. It is a huge contributor to the influx of illegal guns, coke, you name it.

So is the solution to keep beating one's head against the wall trying to "win the war on drugs", or is it time that- as a society- we wake up, and recognize the "drug" for what it is: relatively harmless (like alcohol is considered), and maybe it should be legalized, produced, and marketed around the globe just like alcohol products are.

At least it will be one less "drug" the authorities need to worry about, and it will eliminate one of the significant factors in the industry. Eliminating it as a factor will make the movement of the real dangerous products that much more difficult, and therefore fewer players will be involved.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Feb. 18, 2009, 10:16 a.m.

thing is they're not only killing each other. my buddy jon has been found to be an innocent bystander at the wrong place at the wrong time. what can be done? nothing. the laws in bc protect the criminals, right now its a power struggle. people want and bigger slice of a pie thats not very big. call the pot trade a part of it, but the coke and h trade is where the big money is made. what can the police do? nothing, they dont have the power or authority to do anything at this point. laws need to change for anything drastic to happen.

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavor
It happens to be like:
"Killed by the husband"
"Drowned by the ocean"
"Shot by his own son"
"She used the poison in his tea
and kissed him goodbye"
That's my kind of story
It's no fun til someone dies

Feb. 18, 2009, 10:30 a.m.

NooNer…sorry to hear about that. And you're right…Coke and H are "bigger" in terms of street $.

Again, the real value in the Mary J isn't in the street value, it's in it's demand south of us. Yes, as pointed out earlier, they do grow it down there. That being said, the anti-drug laws down there are so much harsher for being a producer than here. Not even close.

It's a risk / reward scenario. We produce it up here easily, cheaply, at very low risk, and by the mass quantity. Think of it as the currency trade: if you want to buy USD and only have Pessos, it'll cost you say 11 Pessos to buy one USD. It is easier for guys South to trade what they get easily and relatively cheaply to us for what we have. Include in their scope of supply illegal guns.

In this case, Coke / Guns are the USD, BC Bud is the Pesso. Up here in BC, we have a lot of Pessos.

Feb. 18, 2009, 11:47 a.m.

Its high time (no pun intended) the rcmp ask the HA to clean up this problem of local gangs.

the HA get bossed around by the UN in the lower mainland.

the best cannabis comes from Cali

people that still believe BC Bud is a large funder of organized crime are delirious and watch too much global

oh yah it doesnt and has never been traded pound for pound for coke

how do i know this? common sense!

Feb. 18, 2009, 11:53 a.m.

:???:

Kinda stunning how many people think weed and grow ops aren't vastly controlled by the gangs. Guess all those grow ops are for personal use.

i did a media studies project about this in school once and i came to the conclusion that its quite shocking how falsely the information is portrayed

theres a prof at SFU that put out a variety of interesting studies on cannabis production and trafficking in the lowermainland and the great thing is that it uses facts and not loosely based opinions gathered through shitty resources like global and your next door neighbor named bob. an overwhelming percentage of growers are people with little to no criminal history. organized gangs make up something like 30[HTML_REMOVED]#37; of all the grow ops, a majority being vietnamese, the rest is left to just regular growers. just because they do it on a commercial scale doesn't mean they are gang-related. is half of vancouver island part of a gang?

all of this information is gathered here: http://www.ufv.ca/pages/Special/Marihuana_Grow_Ops_in_BC_Study.pdf

Your money likely went to some gang.

as for this comment, it just goes to show you how F.O.S. most people are . you have no idea what your talking about

Feb. 18, 2009, 11:54 a.m.

I didn't say pound for pound. Apparently you can read. Go back a post and make use of those skills.

Feb. 18, 2009, 11:58 a.m.

the HA is why kids get meth-laced joints.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know some HA and that's redonkulous.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Feb. 18, 2009, 12:01 p.m.

To answer your other question: obviously no. The funniest part is it seems all the dope smokers here are using the same tired, lame arguments as the hippies: we're not the problem, and we account for most of the pot growth anyhow. We're just hippies.

Whatever.

Even at 30[HTML_REMOVED]#37; of total production, it is a massive number. You're missing the big picture: so what if the best stuff comes from Cali? The US pop is 303 million, Canada is 33 million. There is huge demand down there that they can't fill themselves, and a lot of our stuff ends up there simply because we can grow it here at far less risk, and do so cheaply. Not there. It may be cheap to grow, but they do so at TREMENDOUS risk.

Note to all pot heads: please get your heads out of your asses, and look at this objectively, instead of getting all threatened that an intraweb discussion will destroy your enjoyment of life and freedome.

Feb. 18, 2009, 12:03 p.m.

To answer your other question: obviously no. The funniest part is it seems all the dope smokers here are using the same tired, lame arguments as the hippies: we're not the problem, and we account for most of the pot growth anyhow. We're just hippies.

Whatever.

Even at 30% of total production, it is a massive number. You're missing the big picture: so what if the best stuff comes from Cali? The US pop is 303 million, Canada is 33 million. There is huge demand down there that they can't fill themselves, and a lot of our stuff ends up there simply because we can grow it here at far less risk, and do so cheaply. Not there. It may be cheap to grow, but they do so at TREMENDOUS risk.

Note to all pot heads: please get your heads out of your asses, and look at this objectively, instead of getting all threatened that an intraweb discussion will destroy your enjoyment of life and freedome.

The world ain't perfect. Get over it.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.