gang shootings

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:24 p.m.

Defending yourself doesn't have to involve killing. You have implied that the only viable defence to the implied threat is homicide. That says more about your lack of imagination than the threat. It is also the antithesis of your claim to "avoid violence at all costs".

What you're really saying is that you "avoid violence only if the cost is less than the value of the shit in your house".

Kn.

Let me ask a simple question. If your girl was in danger from an either an intruder or a hostile will you do anything possible to ensure their survival?

The reality is when dealing with the threat. Sure you may wound them or briefly knock them out. However one needs to keep in mind that unless he threat is either dead or fully cuffed, taped, and so on to prevent movement they are a threat.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:27 p.m.

Defending yourself doesn't have to involve killing. You have implied that the only viable defence to the implied threat is homicide. That says more about your lack of imagination than the threat. It is also the antithesis of your claim to "avoid violence at all costs".

What you're really saying is that you "avoid violence only if the cost is less than the value of the shit in your house".

Kn.

Not worried about my stuff, just my life and/or my families life.
I didn't say I'd kill the guy. Probably more just scare him. I'd really have to feel threatened before I'd do somebody harm. If someone is in my bedroom at night, they may get hurt yes. The odds of that are so low. The last time I was in a fight was 10 years ago and I didn't start it.

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:27 p.m.

the latest shooting(today) is almost like this arguement, let's see what happens to the brother that killed the attacker.

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:29 p.m.

the latest shooting(today) is almost like this arguement, let's see what happens to the brother that killed the attacker.
http://news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/abc/Local/BC/ContentPosting?isfa=1[HTML_REMOVED]newsitemid=vancouver-bc-fraser-street-shooting-vancouver[HTML_REMOVED]feedname=CBC_LOCALNEWS

I say he'll walk, but who knows.

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:30 p.m.

ah yes getting shot point blank in the face with ak47 is not hardcore at all.

:rolleyes:

we get it enduramil you love the military.

Actually I have seen video of shit that never made the fucking nightly news. Alot of it while you where still in elementary school. The sad reality is that yes it was scary but there is alot of bad shit that has been shown in the media over the years. And the biggest purveyer of those images where courtesy of CNN in the 90's. Back when they where the only 24/365 news channel.

As Jah said, that's nothing new.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:31 p.m.

Not worried about my stuff, just my life and/or my families life.
I didn't say I'd kill the guy. Probably more just scare him. I'd really have to feel threatened before I'd do somebody harm. If someone is in my bedroom at night, they may get hurt yes. The odds of that are so low. The last time I was in a fight was 10 years ago and I didn't start it.

Please not, he didn't mention how hurt said intruder would get.

Though I should mention I have become more security aware. Thanks to the penal facilities and the recent revelation of a half way house for serious sex offenders in Kingston. Been busy adding some extra security features to the doors and such in our place.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:44 p.m.

What's funny is mrraulduke on here had someone walk into his bedroom where his wife and he were sleeping. It happened on the mainland, some drunk dude. He realized it was just some drunk…so no violence needed.
There was a home invasion three blocks from where I'm staying at the moment…you never know. I like to think I have it in me to protect myself and loved ones if needed. I hope I never need to test it out. I truly don't want to hurt anyone. I do have a gerber tactical knife beside my bed though. It's a true commando knife and it's scary as hell.

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:49 p.m.

ah yes getting shot point blank in the face with ak47 is not hardcore at all.

:rolleyes:

we get it enduramil you love the military.

A soldiers job is to lose his innocence to protect those who wish to keep theirs.

Feb. 17, 2009, 7:54 p.m.

Actually I have seen video of shit that never made the fucking nightly news. Alot of it while you where still in elementary school. The sad reality is that yes it was scary but there is alot of bad shit that has been shown in the media over the years. And the biggest purveyer of those images where courtesy of CNN in the 90's. Back when they where the only 24/365 news channel.

As Jah said, that's nothing new.

…now we're at the "I've seen gnarlier shit than you have" stage of the argument?

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Feb. 17, 2009, 8:14 p.m.

I do have a gerber tactical knife beside my bed though. It's a true commando knife and it's scary as hell.

Agree about the weapons. Though because I have a little one I'm going with the more blunt force trauma weapons. Got a good pice of pipe and a bat in the house. The bat is a very usefull, not only can it beat up and intruder it can also be used to play some ball with the little one.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 17, 2009, 8:15 p.m.

…now we're at the "I've seen gnarlier shit than you have" stage of the argument?

Well we have so far covered the religion and self defens angle.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 17, 2009, 8:37 p.m.

People are pretty misinformed about exactly how much pot is being dealt through violent gangs.

Sure a lot of it is but a lot of it also dealt through smaller networks of grower-retailer partnerships that have nothing to do with violent gangs. Back when my roommates and I were slanging we purchased everything directly from the grower who usually had three or four strains going at a time.

The product was above average and there was no violence involved, ever.

www.natooke.com

Feb. 17, 2009, 8:48 p.m.

syncro, I didn't think that there was anything insightful or thoughtful about your first post, so I didn't need to say anything insightful or thoughtful. Here's a thought, anyone who listens to gangster rap is responsible for the current spate of violence due to its bad influence and the portrayal of guns/gun violence as being cool. I just said something ridiculous that might just might have a hint of truth to it. Do you feel the need to offer an intelligent response?

Disclaimer. Anything written above this should not be taken literally, its called sarcasm you idiots.

Feb. 17, 2009, 8:55 p.m.

People are pretty misinformed about exactly how much pot is being dealt through violent gangs.

Sure a lot of it is but a lot of it also dealt through smaller networks of grower-retailer partnerships that have nothing to do with violent gangs. Back when my roommates and I were slanging we purchased everything directly from the grower who usually had three or four strains going at a time.

The product was above average and there was no violence involved, ever.

Interesting point about the gangs. I wonder if really it has more to do with society today then drugs about the brazen violence we are seeing today.

I mean we have a generation of children- the millenium generation who where supposedly raised with no comprehension of responsibility. Meaning mommy and daddy saved the day.

It seems that we have become a society that spends more time hand wringing over police action and not being to tough on criminals. We are more willing to protect a criminals identity then anything else.

We spend more time critisizing the cops and the justice system for anything they do. We bitch because something was done yet when nothing is done we bitch.

We seem to fail to realize at least half of this shit that is going on is our own fault. We are the one's who voted in the people who made these decisions. And because of those decisions we are living the reality we have created today.

The reality is that criminals around the world view the Canadian Justice systems as a joke. And because of all the decisions in the past made in actuality empowers them. Because they know we will hold the actions of a cop during a shoot out with a gangster to impossible standards. And then immediatly attack the cops for thei actions. It seems like we never critisize the gangsters for their actions.

Well, other then the usuall government spokesweasels who will give mumbo jumbo speeches, claim it was a tragedy, and blame the gun as usuall. Yet will do nothing to deal with our jammed in neutral justice system.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 17, 2009, 9:19 p.m.

syncro, I didn't think that there was anything insightful or thoughtful about your first post, so I didn't need to say anything insightful or thoughtful. Here's a thought, anyone who listens to gangster rap is responsible for the current spate of violence due to its bad influence and the portrayal of guns/gun violence as being cool. I just said something ridiculous that might just might have a hint of truth to it. Do you feel the need to offer an intelligent response?

the sad part is there is a link between rap culture, the gangsta image some of it promotes and what we sometimes see on the street. there's plenty of impressionable people trying to emulate the live's they see portrayed by thier rap heros.

anyway if you look at what i said in the opening line of my first post:

looking for someone to blame? try this on for size - if you smoke dope you're part of the problem.

i didn't say pot smokers are responsible as fact (the "hence the try this on for size statement") but that they're part of the problem - there is a difference there. one can't look at this as an isolated issue and say "well, i get my pot from a buddy of mine who only grows for himself and a few friends so this doesn't affect me." it has to be looked at on a global (ie - large view) sense, and it boils down to illegal drugs going part and parcel with the gang problem we have in this city. pot is not the only contributer, but it is certainly a significant part of the equation.

even if that doesn't wash for you at the end of the day dope is an illegal drug and it does play a part in gang activity. anbody who denies that has their head in the clouds.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer