gang shootings

Feb. 16, 2009, 11:50 p.m.

looking for someone to blame? try this on for size - if you smoke dope you're part of the problem.

the gang issue is directly related to the drug trade and money, and we all know how valuable bc bud is south of the border and elsewhere. the lax laws and attitudes towards marijuana and the demand for it in our province have helped breed the potent bud bc is famous for. without that demand, the gangs don't have an easy source of cash and probably don't exist on the widespread scale they do today.

anyway, just a thought.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 16, 2009, 11:54 p.m.

packs bowl

Feb. 16, 2009, 11:55 p.m.

or blame the laws that limit ones freedom to smoke weed/snort coke

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Feb. 16, 2009, 11:56 p.m.

Everyone can be indirectly blamed for all the shootings in Iraq too.

and as long as the gang bangers are only shooting each other what's the problem?

www.natooke.com

Feb. 16, 2009, 11:57 p.m.

buys something

www.natooke.com

Feb. 16, 2009, 11:58 p.m.

and as long as the gang bangers are only shooting each other what's the problem?

I think the 4 year old in the back seat of the car where somebody was killed is a problem.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Feb. 17, 2009, midnight

I think the 4 year old in the back seat of the car where somebody was killed is a problem.

yeah those IED's are pretty indiscriminate..

wait, which country are we talking about?

www.natooke.com

Feb. 17, 2009, midnight

looking for someone to blame? try this on for size - if you smoke dope you're part of the problem.

the gang issue is directly related to the drug trade and money, and we all know how valuable bc bud is south of the border and elsewhere. the lax laws and attitudes towards marijuana and the demand for it in our province have helped breed the potent bud bc is famous for. without that demand, the gangs don't have an easy source of cash and probably don't exist on the widespread scale they do today.

anyway, just a thought.

:lol:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Feb. 17, 2009, 12:04 a.m.

and if pot were legal BC would be the richest province by far…..

mtbskierdad

Feb. 17, 2009, 12:07 a.m.

or blame the laws that limit ones freedom to smoke weed/snort coke

blame the laws? how do you pick which ones to flout and which ones to obey?

that's part of the problem - they're not only just shooting each other - innocent people have been killed as well. remember that shooting in the surrey condo tower last year? chris mohan and ed schellenberg were innocent victims, and there have been others as well. they proabably won't be the last either.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 17, 2009, 12:14 a.m.

:lol:

why do you think gangs exist? power and money. drugs = big money, and bc bud is big business. it's not difficult to connect the dots.

Ellen Langer

Feb. 17, 2009, 12:20 a.m.

blame the laws? how do you pick which ones to flout and which ones to obey?

Lets ask the 1920s US, and Capone shall we? Or shall we look at the country with some of the harshest drug laws in the world and the highest prison population per capita in the world (hint: it's the same one).

We watched one prohibition of a popular drug create organized crime on a scale that hadn't been seen before, and the after effects are still being felt. Is it any wonder that prohibition of the second most popular recreational drug has also created people like the Angels? Not to mention that the War on Drugs is about to destroy mexico, and continue to strain the US penal system until the taxpayer can no longer afford it.

This space intentionally left blank.

Feb. 17, 2009, 12:21 a.m.

Oh and in case it matters, I don't really smoke it anymore. I went from twice a day at my peak to maybe twice a year now. But I'll still defend the logic of legalizing it and I have no desire to persecute those who partake in it.

This space intentionally left blank.

Feb. 17, 2009, 12:37 a.m.

The shooting that happened today in surrey happened to be this close to where I was staying.

Being from a small island town, this shit blew my mind.

Feb. 17, 2009, 12:55 a.m.

gangs will always be a part of life, you cannot get rid of them.

you can control it slightly, but they will always be there.