Game of Thrones - Season 3!!1

June 6, 2013, 6:30 p.m.

Spoiler alert on this thread is like adding the NSFW/NSFG tag to certain threads.

If the thread title is a specific show, of course people are discussing it in there. There is a virtually guaranteed chance you will hit a spoiler if you enter. It does not require a warning tag on the title, it requires common sense and some related decision making on whether to enter or not.

Adding spoiler alert to a show/movie specific thread title is like a net around a trampoline or "hot beverage" warnings on coffee cups. It absolves a lack of common sense from accountability.

I say let common sense prevail! Your lack of foresight is not someone else's fault.

June 6, 2013, 6:45 p.m.

i have tried to be respectful and not blurt out specific details …i watched the epi again last nite. it wasnt as shocking this time obviously. never the less..pretty graphic. i cant help it, i love this show.

June 6, 2013, 7:24 p.m.

This isn't a spoiler see it is pulled footage from this season. But if you really need a tag, here it is

Spoiler Alert*

Every wonder how the Lannisters knew Rob and Catelyn Stark would be at the Twins? This is the Honeypot Theory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

side note - any help on how to properly embed youtube would be appreciated.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

June 6, 2013, 8:05 p.m.

it all makes sense now…

June 6, 2013, 8:22 p.m.

side note - any help on how to properly embed youtube would be appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTVnZm9hFg

That's some 911 **** right there

June 7, 2013, 7:28 a.m.

They've done a great job with the show.

I have almost given up the books a few times because of how long and tedious they can be. The saving grace though is his ability to axe main characters mercilessly. Keeps you on you piqued just enough to slog through the rest.

Was wondering how they were going to play out the Red Wedding. Great job and man that made for some good television. There are a bunch of "reaction to" videos that are on youtube. Worth the watch!

June 7, 2013, 9:11 a.m.

I had been looking forward to the Red Wedding all season and HBO did not disappoint. I don't even mind the changes they make for the series. They all make sense since it would be too all over the place if they didn't combine characters and locations. Killing Robb's wife was a nice touch that wasn't in the books, especially since they expanded the character who was really just a name in the books.

I think I will go back and start reading the books again from the Red Wedding on. I remember the plot but not really the order of events. I might as well, it appears as though Martin still has a ways to go before publishing The Winds of Winter. He better get moving, they will be caught up to him in 3 or 4 years.

June 12, 2013, 11:54 p.m.

Just watched episode 10 - been watching three a night for a few days now. Is this the last episode or is there more still this season?

June 13, 2013, 2:43 a.m.

ep.10 is the last of the 3rd season. unfortunately.

June 13, 2013, 1:22 p.m.

I'm pleased they did not try to squish too much into the 10th episode. It appears that we are only about 70% of the way through the third book. There are a lot of events in the latter part of the third book which have not been covered yet… To bring us up to date with the timeline at beginning of the 4th book is going to require at least 3 more episodes.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

June 13, 2013, 3:03 p.m.

It was a boring and shitty ending that made me angry. I was on the edge of my seat the last three episodes waiting for it all to come together. It worries me that maybe some big story lines will be missing from the show.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

June 13, 2013, 3:23 p.m.

Ya there are a few more major events in the Third book that can be saved for Season 4. They dragged their heels a bit with Tyrion's wedding and the Red wedding that would have made it feel rushed if they tried to fit everything in. But IMO, book 4 only has two main story lines that are of any interest, and they are epic. Besides those two plot lines, there's a lot of filler in book 4. So they can cover those, with the left over bits from book three, for TV Season 4.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

June 15, 2013, 5:52 p.m.

S3 loaded up, begin chainsmoke protocol…

:woot:

episode 3 ender..woah, didnt see that coming.

June 17, 2013, 10:59 a.m.

Ya there are a few more major events in the Third book that can be saved for Season 4. They dragged their heels a bit with Tyrion's wedding and the Red wedding that would have made it feel rushed if they tried to fit everything in. But IMO, book 4 only has two main story lines that are of any interest, and they are epic. Besides those two plot lines, there's a lot of filler in book 4. So they can cover those, with the left over bits from book three, for TV Season 4.

The next season will likely run into both books 4 and 5 because they follow the same timeline just covering different locations and that wouldn't work with the TV series. Book 4 covers the south of Westeros and the Iron Islands then book 5 backs up to the same beginning to cover Esteros and the north of Westeros so it is hard to say how they will cover it. I can't see them having actors wait out a season to follow the books so they will probably just treat 4 and 5 as one big book and break them into at least 2 seasons. There are more than a few story lines of interest in book 5.

June 17, 2013, 1:12 p.m.

episode 9 and 10 left..

red wedding here i come..