Game Changers, vegans, paleos, ketos, and general confusion

Nov. 20, 2019, 5:18 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Posted by: ReductiMat

And as sad as this makes me, beer is fucking awful for belt-spillage.

The amount of hearts I've broken at the gym by telling guys  that one of the easiest ways to lose weight is to stop drinking beer is staggering.

I will throw up after meals before I quit beer.

Nov. 20, 2019, 5:59 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

^^^  haha.  it's become a real issue for me. my weight that is, and my love of beer. i never thought i was a beer abuser, but if i'm honest with myself, i drink on average, about 5 on each weekend night and a couple to a few during the week. nothing crazy right?  but at 52 i just don't metabolize the same way and i'm not as active in the dark and rainy months, so i'm pushing an extra 10-15 pounds. i mean i'm a tall skinny guy at 6 5, 220, but i've never been so heavy. i should be 205-210 of lean muscle. i know my love of beer is playing a major role here, along with my general appetite which is what you would expect of a lifetime tall athletic skinny guy. and i used to eat way way more when i was a young lad. i mean i'm sitting in front of the fire right now, all i want to do is eat and have a beer or 2.....

your future awaits you...

In all seriousness though you nailed it, you're at that age where you just can't eat like you did 20 years ago.  Two big things that will help are to cut back on the 5/night on the weekends to 5 total over the two nights. The second is to add some sort of daily calisthenics workout that lasts maybe 15 minutes so it's easy to fit into your schedule somewhere. Squats, push ups, pull ups and chin ups, some burpees or squat thrusters and 7 minutes of skipping or maybe doing a few minutes of block jumps. That sort of routine is short enough to not be painful but intense enough that done daily will add a significant amount of calorie burn over the course of the week to get you back into fighting shape.

good luck

Nov. 20, 2019, 6:08 p.m.

I try and not drink from Sunday night until Thursday. So just 3 drinking days in a week. If I stick to it I find it helps.

But I'm heading out for a drink tonight so that will mean a 4 day drink this week, as I find it hard to miss my regular days :)

Also having kids makes you drink more. It's a huge coping mechanism.

Nov. 20, 2019, 7:44 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I used to drink more when my kids were younger, but then the hangovers and screaming in my face at 6am somehow made my want for beer go away.

Nov. 20, 2019, 9:27 p.m.

Easiest way to lose weight is the North Korean diet.  Just take a two month vacation to that glorious country and you'll come back lighter than ever.

Nov. 21, 2019, 4:30 a.m.

Posted by: T-mack

Posted by: Kieran

I used to drink more when my kids were younger, but then the hangovers and screaming in my face at 6am somehow made my want for beer go away.

Don’t worry, when they hit their late teens and treat your home like a flophouse the want will return, big time.

Nov. 21, 2019, 12:08 p.m.

I used to weigh 162lbs for 5 yrs or so  and the tennant brought up cash for the rent which  almost always lasted till the next time she brought up the rent

About a year and a half ago 2 craft brew pubs open up within 2-5 blocks, 

I gained 2-3 lbs and the cash doesnt last a month anymore so I'm hittting the bank M/C

Nov. 21, 2019, 12:41 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Easiest way to lose weight is the North Korean diet.  Just take a two month vacation to that glorious country and you'll come back lighter than ever.

Or visit El Salvador and drink from the local water supply. That will trim you up in a week or however long it takes to recover from the Tourista.

Nov. 21, 2019, 9:03 p.m.

Thread about diet turns into an AA meeting lol.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Nov. 21, 2019, 9:03 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 22, 2019, 9:53 a.m.

Perfectly timed podcast

Have a listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq4Apc2Xk7Q