Fukushima Radiation Now Equal To At Least 50 Chernobyls.

Feb. 4, 2017, 9:11 p.m.

that's going to take a lot of pressure off the mortgage…

Feb. 4, 2017, 9:54 p.m.

530…. That's alot!

Yeah but it is, after all, inside the core of a nuclear reactor.

Feb. 5, 2017, 1:38 a.m.

Well just because Fukushima has been a disaster you can't use that as an example of why nuclear energy is a poor choice. Simply put it was a poor design in a bad place. It's like saying gas powered generators are bad because one killed your family when you let it run all night inside the house during a power outage.

uhm everything that generates waste that need to be taken care off well after the person who decided to build the plant in the first place dies is a poor choice. and no nation has found a permanent, safe location to store said waste yet. and no one has inclued the total cost of ownership of said waste in the actual price of the power that was produced with a dirty plant. so no one paid the full price for that technology yet but everyone enjoyed all the benefits of it. that's for the people that will come after you. using nuclear power is like a baby who can't clean up it's own shit.

Feb. 5, 2017, 4:40 a.m.

Yeah but it is, after all, inside the core of a nuclear reactor.

And it's a dry sievert.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 5, 2017, 6:11 a.m.

uhm everything that generates waste that need to be taken care off well after the person who decided to build the plant in the first place dies is a poor choice. and no nation has found a permanent, safe location to store said waste yet. and no one has inclued the total cost of ownership of said waste in the actual price of the power that was produced with a dirty plant. so no one paid the full price for that technology yet but everyone enjoyed all the benefits of it. that's for the people that will come after you. using nuclear power is like a baby who can't clean up it's own shit.

yea this sums it up. thnx man.

Feb. 5, 2017, 7:35 a.m.

I'm glad that in the next 4-8 years nuclear reactors will be shut down and many coke coal plants will startup. Truely exciting times.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 5, 2017, 9:23 a.m.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/campaigns/climate-change/energyrevolution/renewable-energy-myths/

I think it is a good policy to continue to ignore these alternative energy quacks.

Feb. 5, 2017, 9:28 a.m.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/01/25/u-s-solar-energy-employs-more-people-than-oil-coal-and-gas-combined-infographic/#4aff6b4c7d27

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-30/tesla-s-battery-revolution-just-reached-critical-mass

luckily russia and the usa are going to war w/ the chinese likely making all this not so big worry.

Feb. 5, 2017, 9:47 a.m.

Those are some valid points and generally I agree with you, however they're not related to what I was saying. Maybe try again?

Feb. 5, 2017, 10:09 a.m.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2017/01/25/u-s-solar-energy-employs-more-people-than-oil-coal-and-gas-combined-infographic/#4aff6b4c7d27

luckily russia and the usa are going to war w/ the chinese likely making all this not so big worry.

I'm not poo-pooing on the idea of solar as I think it's definitely viable, but those job stats are a little misleading. You have to consider that solar is in the build out stage so there are going to be more jobs in design, manufacturing, and installation. Once panels are installed they will require vey little maintenance so you can expect to see those job numbers drop off.

Feb. 5, 2017, 11:58 a.m.

Those are some valid points and generally I agree with you, however they're not related to what I was saying. Maybe try again?

you sounded like you think "some" nuclear plants could be good choice, which they are not. never.

meanwhile in france, they will get a biiiiiig problem when they need to dismantle their large number of plants:

https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=auto[HTML_REMOVED]tl=en[HTML_REMOVED]js=y[HTML_REMOVED]prev=_t[HTML_REMOVED]hl=de[HTML_REMOVED]ie=UTF-8[HTML_REMOVED]u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heise.de%2Ftp%2Fnews%2FFrankreich-fehlen-viele-Milliarden-fuer-den-Atomkraft-Rueckbau-3617914.html[HTML_REMOVED]edit-text=[HTML_REMOVED]act=url

(couldn't find a english source so you need to live with a google translation)

Feb. 5, 2017, 1:26 p.m.

you sounded like you think "some" nuclear plants could be good choice, which they are not. never.

Is be perfectly fine with a fusion reactor.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 6, 2017, 8:52 a.m.

i wish these wing nuts would just give up…screw you sun. you have nuthn on nuclear and coal power.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_COMMUNITY_SOLAR_POWER?SITE=AP[HTML_REMOVED]SECTION=HOME[HTML_REMOVED]TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The plunging cost of solar power is leading U.S. electric companies to capture more of the sun just when President Donald Trump is moving to boost coal and other fossil fuels.

Solar power represents just about 1 percent of the electricity U.S. utilities generate today, but that could grow substantially as major electric utilities move into smaller-scale solar farming, a niche developed by local cooperatives and non-profits.

It's both an opportunity and a defensive maneuver: Sunshine-capturing technology has become so cheap, so quickly, that utilities are moving to preserve their core business against competition from household solar panels.

"Solar growth is so extensive and has so much momentum behind it that we're at the point where you can't put the genie back in the bottle," said Jeffrey R.S. Brownson, a Pennsylvania State University professor who studies solar adoption. "You either learn how to work with this new medium, solar energy, or you're going to face increasing conflicts."

Feb. 6, 2017, 10 a.m.

Yah but you gotta' kick the energy companies in the balls they worked with legislators in Utah to make it uneconomic for households to install solar so they could then build massive off site capture farms that fuck up the environment.
Energy suppliers are like oil companies. Answerable only to their stockholders.
Elon Musk has "invented" photovoltaic roofing tiles. Every structure on earth should rock these and be able to sell the surplus back to the grid.
Lots of tiles = lots of jobs. No reason they can't be made where there aren't any. Jobs that is.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 6, 2017, 10:49 a.m.

China just became the nation with the largest solar electricity production.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells