fuck i hate facebook

Dec. 20, 2019, 6:38 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: Stuminator

No cellphone, no social media, no problems.

Sounds like a beautiful fantasy.

Oh, it's a reality.

Wife; "Get a cellphone already, so I can get ahold of you". 

Me; "That's why I don't have one".

Dec. 22, 2019, 2:02 p.m.

I do not use facebook, but use instagram...and I am have not been using it for a few weeks, refreshing. That digital white noise is missing which is nice.

Dec. 22, 2019, 8:39 p.m.

The other night we watched a film called "Less than Zero" from 1987 starring Robert Downey Jr, had never seen it before....Was strange how when people were out at nightclubs, parties, in the various scenes that  they weren't taking selfies and staring at their phones. I remember those days and kinda miss them. People were present in the moment. Not distacted by phone alerts, or worried about making sure they post to let everyone know they were there.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Dec. 22, 2019, 8:40 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 22, 2019, 10:37 p.m.

A few people I know have a rule with family gatherings. When you come in the door, all cell phones go in a box & do not come out until you leave. That way there is more interaction between folks.

Dec. 23, 2019, 12:39 p.m.

A few people I know have a rule with family gatherings. When you come in the door, all cell phones go in a box & do not come out until you leave. That way there is more interaction between folks.

That one is great, thanks for sharing. Have to keep that in mind....for quite a few moments I guess

Dec. 23, 2019, 1:37 p.m.

Being a strong introvert, that would cause me so much anxiety I'd have to leave.

Dec. 23, 2019, 8:38 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Being a strong introvert, that would cause me so much anxiety I'd have to leave.

Try it, you might like it.

Dec. 24, 2019, 6:16 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

That one is great, thanks for sharing. Have to keep that in mind....for quite a few moments I guess

One more variation...invite folks to a bar or diner for just getting together.  Throw everyones phones in the center of the table. First one to grab their phone pays for everyones drinks/dinner...

Dec. 24, 2019, 12:18 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

Posted by: Brocklanders

The other night we watched a film called "Less than Zero" from 1987 starring Robert Downey Jr, had never seen it before....Was strange how when people were out at nightclubs, parties, in the various scenes that  they weren't taking selfies and staring at their phones. I remember those days and kinda miss them. People were present in the moment. Not distacted by phone alerts, or worried about making sure they post to let everyone know they were there.

wow, that's a blast from the past. love RDJ.  your observations remind me of what it was like to go to a bar in the old days. you had to either work to socialize, or enjoy standing and trying to look cool just listening to the music, or doing whatever if you weren't first hand engaged in chat. had to really work those social skills or work those awkward not awkward on the fringe skills. no gadget bailing you out.

Yes have done both meet girls the old fashioned way and sleep around using dating sites. Using apps/dating sites made it so easy because you lay the groundwork before you would even meet. I like the old fashioned way of approaching a girl and seeing if the sparks fly, had more emotion in it... Dating online was just a hook up that never went anywhere for the most part. Swipe left or right,  what a lame ass society we have become. Everyone is so busy they need an algorithm to find a date.

Oct. 4, 2021, 1:10 p.m.

FB , Insta both down. Influencers must be having a hissy fit. Hopefully it's for a while, world needs a break.

Oct. 4, 2021, 1:25 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

FB , Insta both down. Influencers must be having a hissy fit. Hopefully it's for a while, world needs a break.

Twitter traffic has sure picked up today!!

Oct. 4, 2021, 7:22 p.m.

I wonder how much productivity went up a workplaces around the globe.

Oct. 4, 2021, 7:29 p.m.

Phew I was able to sneak a post in.

Oct. 4, 2021, 7:48 p.m.

Posted by: DaveM

I wonder how much productivity went up a workplaces around the globe.

TikTok, Reddit and Twitter were up.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Oct. 4, 2021, 7:49 p.m., edited 1 time in total.