FTW Thread- we need a positive thread in here for once

Oct. 27, 2016, 8:05 p.m.

i rode in the rain today. was great to get out.

Oct. 27, 2016, 8:48 p.m.

My kids get to go to school without fear of shelling.

We get to eat when we want to.

Electricity works almost always.

The chance of a random person killing us is near zero.

Pretty fucking awesome.

Oct. 28, 2016, 6:51 a.m.

I hate myself and I want to die.

Oops. Sorry wrong thread.

Wrong. Always.

Oct. 28, 2016, 6:23 p.m.

This imgur dump should cover the broad range of happy type emotions.

If you're having a day, click this.

Stuff like this is in it.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 28, 2016, 8:37 p.m.

/\nice

I put in a few days work and fixed a major erosion problem on my trail that I've been putting off for [HTML_REMOVED]7[HTML_REMOVED] years, FTW! Holy did that ever feel good to finally accomplish.

Wrecked myself badly in a wipeout seven years ago and had to completely cut out doing trail maintenance. Prior to that I had been splitting my time evenly between riding/ trail work. Feels so good to finally be able to roll around boulders and swing a pick again pain free, and mold the trail just so.

Working out my OCD on the trail again FTW!

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Oct. 30, 2016, 2:05 p.m.

Took the kids to an amusement park I haven't been to in 33 years, was super fun and a great mix of new fun for the littles and nostalgia. Don't always feel like it, but today we parented FTW.

Oct. 30, 2016, 4:35 p.m.

Went to a meeting with the CMHC voicing the concerns of the community, left with the impression that they genuinely wanted to know more about the NSMBA and weren't just having a meeting to placate the public.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Nov. 1, 2016, 2:12 p.m.

After a hard night of trick or treating in Whistler with my daughter last night I kicked back on the couch with my 2 week old nephew on my chest and he looked at me, smiled and went to sleep. It could have something to do with the ripper fart he took just beforehand but I think he also knows how cool Uncle Chupacabra is.

And has anyone watched Unchained on Netflix. Shots from the old Crusty Demons videos brought back memories of watching them on repeat. Good flick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57BOD5N4DBM

Nov. 2, 2016, 11:45 a.m.

http://www.openculture.com/2014/12/the-making-of-the-famous-jive-talk-scenes-from-airplane.html

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 5, 2016, 9:41 a.m.

Had a wee day out. Good times!

http://www.redbull.com/ca/en/bike/stories/1331823060869/danny-macaskill-wee-day-out

Nov. 5, 2016, 2:16 p.m.

So, had my nephew at my new place who came up from Bavaria for a few days of riding and drinks. Good times, finally. Even bought a GP Hero4 silver, after all these years of thinking about it, well, I just did it. Sttart to experiment with it next week, hoping the weather is going to hold. And I signed in at a bigbox gym again, really cheap, since I can no longer train at home what I want to do.

Tomorrow me and my little ripper are going to visit a second hand sale at a more or less local bike riding club. Plan is to get my Cove STD up and running again for next season.

My little one is happy - this is really good.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Nov. 5, 2016, 8:45 p.m.

I've been able to sleep (and do anything else I feel like) for the first time in over 20yrs since my daughter is all grown up and has moved out.
She's happy.
My puppy, who was born with congenital kidney disease and had a 6 month prognosis just turned 2 yrs old. She's seriously the best dog ever. :)
Only 46 days til the days start getting longer!

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!

Nov. 6, 2016, 5:13 a.m.

I took the footboard off my bed, replaced the frame, flipped the matttess and had a really great sleep.

Nov. 6, 2016, 1:54 p.m.

I took the footboard off my bed, replaced the frame, flipped the matttess and had a really great sleep.

In which direction did you flip the mattress?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Nov. 8, 2016, 3:30 p.m.

Went to a museum I have been talking about for years, pretty famous place if you are into European history of Antiquity, place is called Kalkriese and supposedly the Germanic tribes nuked three Roman legions at the site back in year 9.

Walking around the huge area in the November drizzle all by myself was a little eerie. But all in all it was a good day. Got some Met which I am drinking right now, along with a book and a t-shirt.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer