FTW Thread- we need a positive thread in here for once

Jan. 17, 2017, 6:44 p.m.

Cooked up some chili [HTML_REMOVED] a bannock for supper yesterday. Tonight was spaghetti with garlic bread. Gotta appreciate the simple things in life [HTML_REMOVED] good vittles is among them.

Thread killer

Jan. 17, 2017, 6:56 p.m.

Finale Ligure is awesome. Awesome. Weather is great, too. Around 10-15 deg C. Soo nice. And mire or less empty of large crowds.

Thanks to Strava I now know that Wyn Masters is almost three minutes faster on one segment than I am.

I need to ride more and brake less. :lol:

One of my favourite places. Thinking of going back in two years time for our 3rd visit.

Have you tried riding some of the other surrounding areas?

Molini di Triora
http://www.molinifreeride.com/

San Remo was pretty good too.

I think when we go again we will ride all those places plus try riding some inland destinations. Pila would be one of those places. Dolimites would be cool too

Jan. 19, 2017, 4:35 a.m.

One of my favourite places. Thinking of going back in two years time for our 3rd visit.

Have you tried riding some of the other surrounding areas?

Molini di Triora
http://www.molinifreeride.com/

San Remo was pretty good too.

I think when we go again we will ride all those places plus try riding some inland destinations. Pila would be one of those places. Dolimites would be cool too

I have never been there before. And five days of riding was just barely enough to scratch the surface.

Right now the plan is to return at the end of March with my son. Sleep on the car at a nice campsite, enjoy the food and weather and ride some mellow trails.

Maybe we check out Sanremo and Molini.

I d'loaded Trailforks and was blown away at the number of trails in that area.

My go-to place in the Italian Alps has been Alto Adige, the Etsch Valley in South Tyrol, near towns called Silandro/Schlanders and Laatsch/Laces. This valley has more or less a guarantee of sunshine which might be an issue in other areas.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 19, 2017, 4:38 a.m.

Cooked up some chili [HTML_REMOVED] a bannock for supper yesterday. Tonight was spaghetti with garlic bread. Gotta appreciate the simple things in life [HTML_REMOVED] good vittles is among them.

So true.

This morning I made another spelt bread. So simple, so easy. Water, flour and yeast, a bit of sugar and salt.

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 21, 2017, 5:48 a.m.

Just went for a couple hours of indoor top rope climbing and bouldering with Little M. He really digs it. So awesome.

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 21, 2017, 11:49 a.m.

Just finished watching The Length of Sweden, a documentary about a group of road bike riders tackling Sweden in its entire length as one giant brevet/randonneur trip. I really enjoyed it, and am already thinking about something a little more doable for me, like fly to Trondheim and cycle down to Gotenburg through Sweden, take the ferry to Kiel and take a train.

I am sooo sick of the snow outside, I want to ride my bikes, lust for a randonneur, ride. Ride. Ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSyWDj7CBeo

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 24, 2017, 10:28 p.m.

My SeaTac-LAX flight had free craft beers

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 29, 2017, 1:39 p.m.

Got out on the DH sled for the first time in about 2 months due to the snow. Thought I might forget how to ride, but it all came back within a few minutes. Got outta the woods as the rains started. Life is good.

Thread killer

March 7, 2017, 9:01 a.m.

Because this post was marooned on the old forum..

CAIN SUCKS!https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17015798_10154861056430042_2843322070489784385_o.jpg?oh=315d34bacf87783a47148236cdc2cc0c&oe=593B5308

Really, really sucks...

March 9, 2017, 8:39 a.m.

My little one's first fullface helmet arrived yesterday. He is soo stoked. That makes me really happy. 

I am currently building my old Cove Std again and have a season of as much bike park as possible coming up. 

And...ordered a TLD d3 for cheap-ish...should be here in a few days. 

And....I spend the coming weekend in Rotterdam with my best friend to not only go to a martial arts seminar but enjoy the local food and drinks.

March 16, 2017, 6:38 a.m.

Decided to do some scouting for building. I have lots of time, rebuilding my squishy bike and always wanted to huck and jump. If not this season then when? 

So the beautiful weather made me go out today, found not only a great location for a small stepdown but an antler of a roe deer as well. Took some pictures of ferns and moss as well.

A morning/noon well spent, I'd say.

Cooked a nice meal, watched the Miranda Miller vid on the frontpage, now a cup of coffee, a nap and life is good-ish.

Last edited by: Mic on March 16, 2017, 6:40 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 6, 2017, 8:03 p.m.

Tremendous sunset tonight. Clouds are all red n' stuff.

April 25, 2017, 1:18 p.m.

So today I did go for a ride that was more or less always floating around in my head. 120 km in roughly 6:45 with 1,500 mtr of climbing. 

It was awesome. I had snow and sleet on the way back, but this only made me want that piece of cake at a bakery that much more. So I had two pieces and a huge mug of coffee at the end.

April 25, 2017, 9:53 p.m.

2 weeks until my next Europe trip! Zurich, barcelona and brussels. All in business class of course and all on points.

April 30, 2017, 1:58 p.m.

Went to Winterberg bikepark today and continued to work on my jumping skills on my park bike. Had a blast, did some nice and clean jumps on 8 foot tables. 

My little one was with me as well. He is just awesome and hooked. 

Oh....and I bought the Gravity Card, a card for 16 bikeparks in Europe. Valid until November. One season of roaming and riding. A dream come true.