Fox News North Thwarted (F*&k yeah!)

Oct. 17, 2010, 8:08 p.m.

here is one example..

http://unambig.com/worth-repeating-on-bias-at-the-cbc/

Or the whole NRA thing. How the CBC was publishing articles on the "evil organization" that is the NRA, and how they were up in Canada during the whole LGR debate. Even when they had absolutely no proof or basis to their claims. Just stirring up the whole America is evil and guns are bad thing.

Or if you watch debates on CBC about the LGR, you will see how biased the CBC is. They will pick a lot of "experts" for one side, but only let the other side have one representative. The chair of the conversation (from CBC) will often let the pro LGR side to interrupt the anti-side, but not vice versa.

Some of CBC's reporting can be really good and unbiased, while others the bias really sticks out. Just read/watch most of the political pieces from the CBC.

Sure it's probably not bad as the most of the other news stations around the world, but to say it has no bias is pretty off base. Unfortunately most news has a bias, because the owners of such news stations have their own beliefs, and apparently they believe pushing it onto others to influence public opinion. Fox news, MSNBC etc. are all guilty of it.

I myself prefer the BBC, as far as I can tell it is the most unbiased news station I have watched.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Oct. 17, 2010, 8:51 p.m.

here is one example..

http://unambig.com/worth-repeating-on-bias-at-the-cbc/

You back up your opinion with someone else's opinion?!?

How about a quote? An email? Someone screaming it out at an airport! Anything…

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Oct. 18, 2010, 7:15 a.m.

I myself prefer the BBC, as far as I can tell it is the most unbiased news station I have watched.

You should check out Al Jazeera. While I haven't been able to spend a lot of time watching it, TV or online, what little I have seen is like the BBC but a good step up.

Oct. 18, 2010, 7:17 a.m.

Or the whole NRA thing. How the CBC was publishing articles on the "evil organization" that is the NRA, and how they were up in Canada during the whole LGR debate. Even when they had absolutely no proof or basis to their claims. Just stirring up the whole America is evil and guns are bad thing.

Guns ARE a bad thing FYI.

They were made to kill people. That is why they exist.

www.natooke.com

Oct. 18, 2010, 7:21 a.m.

Uh oh, the old man is slipping. You clearly don't understand the difference between Objective and subjective. Objectivity is not subject to interpretation. It doesn't vary from person to person, news is either objective or it's not, SunTV=Subjective reporting CBC=Objective reporting MSNBC=Subjective reporting. Understand? Don't make me put you in a home.

Objectivity is completely subject to interpretation. Do you think Aljeezera and CBC objectively report middle east conficts the same way? Yet both are considered "objective" news sources in their regions. Objectivity is a product of human perception, and human perception is dictated by our individual biases. What appears objective to us will not to others.

Oct. 18, 2010, 8:28 a.m.

Objectivity is completely subject to interpretation.

Objectivity is subjective?? Then why are there two different words?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 18, 2010, 9:45 a.m.

:rolleyes:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Oct. 18, 2010, 10:18 a.m.

First off, show me the quote where the CBC called the NRA an "evil organization." You can't attribute a provocative quote like that to a national broadcaster without citing sources.

You know, like this page, where the CBC provides the proof that the NRA was actually interfering in Canadian politics and the gun registry debate. Facts are always problematic for conservative positions.

Or if you watch debates on CBC about the LGR, you will see how biased the CBC is. They will pick a lot of "experts" for one side, but only let the other side have one representative. The chair of the conversation (from CBC) will often let the pro LGR side to interrupt the anti-side, but not vice versa.

Even if the proportioning you imply was true, at least the CBC has representation from the other side. That's not something you would get from Fox or a Fox News North.

Some of CBC's reporting can be really good and unbiased, while others the bias really sticks out. Just read/watch most of the political pieces from the CBC.

What you are experiencing here is the strange feeling of actual journalism without bias. The really good stuff fits your world view, and the other stuff is biased because it doesn't fit your world view.

Sure it's probably not bad as the most of the other news stations around the world, but to say it has no bias is pretty off base. Unfortunately most news has a bias, because the owners of such news stations have their own beliefs, and apparently they believe pushing it onto others to influence public opinion. Fox news, MSNBC etc. are all guilty of it.

You really don't get it do you? CBC is owned by the Canadian public, not a Rupert Murdoch or a Sumner Redstone. CBC is REQUIRED to reach all parts of Canada, whether these local markets are profitable or not. That's not something a private news corp is obligated to do. The CBC is obligated to be centrist and objective, whereas the owner of Fox can quite openly give millions to right-wing political parties.

You perceive it as unbiased because it doesn't deal directly with Canadian issues. Ironically, conservatives in the UK squawk about the BBC the same way you are about the CBC.

I will again point out that by painting centrist political views and institutions as "far-left," the extreme right is attempting to mainstream their ideology; one that is very much limited to a white Christian view of the world. That's simply not how the world works.

Nov. 26, 2010, 10:37 a.m.

It's on again …

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/media/story/2010/11/26/crtc-sun-tv-licence.html

Sun TV News, Quebecor's all-news network, has been approved by Canada's broadcast regulator.

The CRTC announced on Friday that it has granted the forthcoming national news service approval to broadcast as an English-language, Category 2, specialty TV channel.

This is a good lol:

Sun TV News will aim to challenge conventional wisdom and offer Canadians a new choice and a new voice on TV.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Nov. 26, 2010, 11:17 a.m.

If you're a Canadian right-winger, read the National Post.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Nov. 26, 2010, 12:08 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg

Nov. 26, 2010, 3:19 p.m.

Objectivity is subjective?? Then why are there two different words?

Kn.

It is more that there is no objectivity and hence no subjectivity, given that they only exist in relation to each other. Remove one and you remove both. Good and evil work like this too.

All we have are perspectives on a changing world (which changes in part due to those same perspectives, and vice versa). No such thing as an unbiased news source. All we can do is get info from a wide range of biased ones (including CBC, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, the Onion, the Daily Show, and (possibly) even Fox News).

That having been said, I see no need for the hateful agitprop that is Fox "News" to be aired in Canada. In fact, I'd be somewhat surprised if most of the personalities on it even knew Canada existed.

Nov. 26, 2010, 3:32 p.m.

Guns are neither good or bad. They are an inanimate object that can only work when a human being is operating it.

It is the actions of the operator of a gun, knife, bat, club, and so on that makes them bad.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 26, 2010, 3:33 p.m.

If you're a Canadian right-winger, read the National Post.

They still print that?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 26, 2010, 3:35 p.m.

Hey CBC may have a 'view' on things, but at least they don't reprint Onion articles as if they are real news.