Foreign funds investing in BC Real estate

Nov. 15, 2011, 11:21 p.m.

Why is it so many people are afraid to ask where this money is coming from? As a Canadian tax payer i pay my taxes and income tax. Meanwhile Joe foreign dude rolls in here with his money, and bids up the prices of Real Estate. Sure fine free market, but only free if the money is Legal and you pay your fair share of taxes. They don't and we pay too much.

Then we have this bs Carbon Tax:

I get the purpose, but question why we tolerate it. BC is already expensive as f.

I say we should have the tax only when we tax the foreign funds investing in Real Estate in BC. ie. made money owning factories overseas pay for the carbon tax/pollution they caused.

I'm loosing it here. I've had enough. We're getting raped here from all these bs taxes and foreign investments and everybody is too afraid or dumb to challenge that status quo. The media is silent as f.

Nov. 15, 2011, 11:49 p.m.

Sure fine free market, but only free if the money is Legal and you pay your fair share of taxes. They don't and we pay too much.

its only possible for an individual to send 50K out of china so someone who wants to launder a LOT of money will pay other people to transfer it out of china 50K at a time, when the banks see a series of these transactions they close the account to stop the money laundering but the money is already here and the banks didn't even make any money because of all the hassles they have to go thru

Nov. 16, 2011, 5:29 a.m.

its only possible for an individual to send 50K out of china so someone who wants to launder a LOT of money will pay other people to transfer it out of china 50K at a time, when the banks see a series of these transactions they close the account to stop the money laundering but the money is already here and the banks didn't even make any money because of all the hassles they have to go thru

I think you're wrong on this one.

The inlaws had a esl type student stay with them from China, and the parents sent along 100 grand for the inlaws to hold in trust to cover junior's expenses,including a new car.

They also often sent the kid large "presents" of cash,like 5 grand at a time,for play money.

I just wonder where all this money comes from in a communist country.

Pastor of Muppets

Nov. 16, 2011, 5:44 a.m.

It's tough to be a real communist country when it's full of pretty much the most entrepreneurial, capitalist and unscrupulous people on earth.

www.natooke.com

Nov. 16, 2011, 6:58 a.m.

I think you're wrong on this one.

The inlaws had a esl type student stay with them from China, and the parents sent along 100 grand for the inlaws to hold in trust to cover junior's expenses,including a new car.

They also often sent the kid large "presents" of cash,like 5 grand at a time,for play money.

2 or 3 transactions gets them around the 50K rule and being a foreign student costs are high that kind of thing might have different rules

A banker told me they are watching and they see it all the time, they even catch the odd terrorist if his name is on the list

over a billion people … I doubt its all legal

Nov. 16, 2011, 8:01 a.m.

Sure fine free market, but only free if the money is Legal and you pay your fair share of taxes. They don't and we pay too much.

Yup. The main issue I've found is that recent immigrants here, for some reason, are the best at finding loopholes to avoid as much taxing etc as possible.
Ie. Building a house, paying the laborers all cash and having one of your 30 family members stay in it long enough before selling it. (not necessarily the chinese, but those examples are even easier to find)

Nov. 16, 2011, 8:17 a.m.

Bet you didn't know West Vancouver has the highest "claimed" child poverty rates in Canada, Richmond isn't far behind.

figure that one out

Nov. 16, 2011, 8:54 a.m.

Yup. The main issue I've found is that recent immigrants here, for some reason, are the best at finding loopholes to avoid as much taxing etc as possible.

and this is bad? Oh and the proper term for it is called Tax minimisation

To the OP part of what I do involves funds transfers in and out of Canada to/from various countries. We go through random audits never know on which amount or when, and always on our income funds. As this is just a regular part of doing business for us it usually just involves a brief conversation, but depending on the country of origin we have in the past have had to show additional documentation to prove why the money is being sent to us.

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

Nov. 16, 2011, 9 a.m.

The main issue I've found is that recent immigrants here, for some reason, are the best at finding loopholes to avoid as much taxing etc as possible.

Ask yourself why those loopholes were created and why they continue to exist in the first place …

Nov. 16, 2011, 9:39 a.m.

Ask yourself why those loopholes were created and why they continue to exist in the first place …

To support workers who like cash jobs because they're also on EI or don't want to pay income tax? I guess loophole could be the wrong word. Tax evasion sounds better…

Nov. 16, 2011, 10:01 a.m.

Bet you didn't know West Vancouver has the highest "claimed" child poverty rates in Canada, Richmond isn't far behind.

figure that one out

Citations?

Chief Running Tab

"My bike is just like yours except mine has monkeys on it!"

Nov. 16, 2011, 12:46 p.m.

Citations?

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Sultan+finds+childhood+poverty+exists+West+Vancouver/4274566/story.html

Nov. 16, 2011, 1:33 p.m.

We are a pussy country that let's dicks come into it and jizz all over the place. And we are impregnated with their problems.

:damn:
:couple:

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 17, 2011, 2:04 p.m.

Is this good news to the OP then?

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/chinese-tv-host-says-regime-nearly-bankrupt-141214.html

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Nov. 17, 2011, 2:48 p.m.

We are a pussy country that let's dicks come into it and jizz all over the place. And we are impregnated with their problems

generally yes

So what about property taxes? If they own a place and its vacant, are they not still paying their portion for services that we're using and they're not?

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40