Force Awakens.

Dec. 22, 2015, 12:26 p.m.

I think we can discuss it. If you don't want to see spoilers of a movie…why would you click on a thread with the title of the movie?

Well then….I present Darth Caedus.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Caedus

So based on this looks like The Force Awakens took elements from the various Star Wars books and tweeked it slightly.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 22, 2015, 1:34 p.m.

Kylo reminded me of semenuk with the voice of Javier bardem. Just saying.

holy fuck i thought the EXACT same thing…:rocker:

Dec. 22, 2015, 5:01 p.m.

holy fuck i thought the EXACT same thing…:rocker:

he looks like a young prime minister if you ask me

Dec. 22, 2015, 5:59 p.m.

he looks like a young prime minister if you ask me

Ya but between the two of them, we know who has the force.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 22, 2015, 6:02 p.m.

But thinking about it more now, the whole country did vote for him… Massive Jedi mind trick?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 27, 2015, 12:02 p.m.

Ffs.. You would think these dark side guys would have learned not to make big planet sized lasers by now.

www.natooke.com

Dec. 27, 2015, 2:21 p.m.

Kylo reminded me of semenuk with the voice of Javier bardem. Just saying.

Kylo is Josh Bryceland's cousin for sure, I read it on the internets!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Dec. 27, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

I like that mostly everyone is sorta homely looking, except for Ms. Ridley. Meow! I'm tired of seeing movies where the stars look like super models.

The characters were likeable for the most part, like episodes 4,5,6. A little humour, some good personality traits, unlike the robotic-ness of the characters in the first two movies.

Woman lead character, black dude supporting role, super Italian looking guy as the best fighter pilot - awesome. Daisy Ridley was very good, as was her character. The little round droid was one of the better characters.

Kylo Ren - super intimidating with mask, puny wimp without. And he gets beaten up by a girl who has A) just learned how to use the force and B) never held a light saber before. Could have worked that a little better.

The supreme leader. Spoke? Stoke? Smoke? Whatever his name is, super lame attempt at a super villain. My only real gripe was that character. At least try and live up to the Sith Lord's status.

3 is still probably my favourite, but this one was good too. The next one is supposed to have an awesome script, but a new director.

Dec. 30, 2015, 9:40 p.m.

Star Wars and the Death of American Cinema

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 30, 2015, 9:45 p.m.

" [HTML_REMOVED]#8220;Lucas knew that genres and cinematic conventions depend on consensus, the web of shared assumptions that had been sundered in the [HTML_REMOVED]#8216;60s. He was recreating and reaffirming these values, and Star Wars, with its Manichean moral fundamentalism, its white hats and black hats, restored the luster to threadbare values like heroism and individualism.[HTML_REMOVED]#8221;

In this latest Star Wars movie, directed by J J Abrams, Lucas makes do with a writing credit after selling the franchise to Disney in 2012 for $4.05 billion. Yes you read that right; he sold it for $4.05 billion. That kind of money will buy you a lot of light sabres. "

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 31, 2015, 1:18 a.m.

Star Wars: A New Hope Remixed.:deadhorse:

Or as Lucas said, ""They wanted to do a retro movie.”

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Dec. 31, 2015, 6:10 a.m.

" “Lucas knew that genres and cinematic conventions depend on consensus, the web of shared assumptions that had been sundered in the ‘60s. He was recreating and reaffirming these values, and Star Wars, with its Manichean moral fundamentalism, its white hats and black hats, restored the luster to threadbare values like heroism and individualism.”

In this latest Star Wars movie, directed by J J Abrams, Lucas makes do with a writing credit after selling the franchise to Disney in 2012 for $4.05 billion. Yes you read that right; he sold it for $4.05 billion. That kind of money will buy you a lot of light sabres. "

Lucas donated about 1/2 of that to charity; at least that was what he said he was going to do with some of the money.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2012/11/04/donating-star-wars-billions-will-make-george-lucas-one-of-the-biggest-givers-ever/

Dec. 31, 2015, 4:21 p.m.

I'm going to watch it tonight, probably go and find a cinema that screens the non-dubbed version.

And well, sometimes I just want to be entertained without watching a French artsy movie or some new drama that won all kinds of indy awards, but leaves me scratching my head in shock and awe.
I am working in public efucation, there is enough shock and awe throughout my days. Somezimes I just want to feel like a kid again, no brain and lots of popcorn.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 1, 2016, 12:21 a.m.

Star Wars: A New Hope Remixed.:deadhorse:

Or as Lucas said, ""They wanted to do a retro movie.”

Yes and no.

If you followed the link I provided earlier which follows the books and such you would note the following,

-The Sith lord aka Darh Caedus was Han and Leia's son Jacen.

-Darth Caedus killed Luke Skywalkers wife Mara

-Ben was Luke and Mara's son.

So it would appear they took elements from the various books and made slight variations.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 1, 2016, 11:30 a.m.

Peter Mayhew is a class act….

http://time.com/4164444/chewbacca-peter-mayhew-star-wars-fan/

www.thisiswhy.co.uk