"Flu" Vaccine: Who got one?

Nov. 6, 2009, 6:40 p.m.

After some of the attitude I got last night getting Gabi's done. I suggest some take a leave of absence now.

Yeah, I understand you do a repetitive job and all that shit. However it doesn't mean you treat a parent like a piece of shit and blow of what he is telling you about his 2 year old.

If you don't want to know of any issues then don't fornicating under consent of the king as if there is any issues.

do you have a story to tell or just a mad fever?

Nov. 6, 2009, 6:58 p.m.

do you have a story to tell or just a mad fever?

About 3 months ago we had to take Gabi to the the hospital. Everything was fine till the blood work was needed.

Enter the 2 nurses Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb. So they go to insert the needle, screw up once, twice, and so on. So now Gabi is out of her min terrified. Mommy is crying because of this trying to calm Gabi down. At this point Gabi pukes everything in her stomach, down to the dark black stuff. For a second Daddy thought it was blood.

At this point one of the 2 Wonder Dummies say's Gabi is squirming to much and we need to retrain her more. I observe that Gabi is already smothered by them trying to restrain her. At this point Joley looks up to say something and she said all she saw was my face change into the coldest expression she has ever scene.

I then informed the Dummies that this exercise of abuse is over and get the hell out of the room. After they left it took us 10 plus minutes to calm her down. Half an hour later the blood work got done, the nurse who finally did it was actually friendly and did way more to interact with us then the 2 Hags that tries earlier.

So yeah, Daddy is now a little touchy now when it comes to this stuf.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 6, 2009, 7:05 p.m.

endi

If you could just take 10 mins to learn 'too' and 'to' your posts would be easier to read

sounds shifty though.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Nov. 7, 2009, 7:58 a.m.

Nursing often times doesn't attract the brightest lot.

Nov. 7, 2009, 8:13 a.m.

Yes, I have to agree there. Joely has 2 Nursing students on the team. Let's just say that Gabi is smarter then they are.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 7, 2009, 8:30 a.m.

:lol: majin

the teh

Nov. 7, 2009, 9:57 a.m.

no doubt. last time i needed blood work the lady poked my arms so many times looking for a vein by them she was done i looked like Courtney Love.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Nov. 7, 2009, 10:01 a.m.

Heath care workers… we kinda need them around in case there's an outbreak of some sort of virus.

of course but ambulance attendants were not considered important enough to go to the front of the line until friday morning …some damage control by the liberal gov

Nov. 7, 2009, 10:19 a.m.

I like how the lineups make the news, but you never hear the other side.

Took Chevy in for her shot. Left ten minutes later after getting it. Actually, she got two, and Barb got one (for the 'regular' flu, not the new and improved evil kind that we must all fear). They made her stay around the ten minutes just to make sure there was no reaction. No line up, no confusion, no mayhem.

37 YEARS ON THE BIKE :: 1981-2018

Nov. 7, 2009, 11 a.m.

has anyone heard the term "the war on H1N1" yet?

Nov. 7, 2009, 11:10 a.m.

Expect Poland to get hit hard with a new outbreak. They refuse the vaccine in their country so the vaccine manufacture will make them pay. Just like what happened in the Ukraine, a large percentage of the population where anti-vaccine now over 700 000 cases of H1N1.

http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/live/article/361921--polish-pm-poland-not-buying-swine-flu-vaccination-unless-it-has-been-properly-tested

Nov. 7, 2009, 11:17 a.m.

This is a bit off topic, but I learned a couple of years ago that if you are well hydrated, it's much much easier for nurses to find your veins for bloodwork, and makes it almost painless. Now I drink as much water as is humanly possible before getting stuck with any needles, and I went from being terrified of needles for all of my life,(because of an incident very similar to what enduramil posted when I was 5) to almost not caring.

:canada: :swiss:

Nov. 7, 2009, 11:49 a.m.

Expect Poland to get hit hard with a new outbreak. They refuse the vaccine in their country so the vaccine manufacture will make them pay. Just like what happened in the Ukraine, a large percentage of the population where anti-vaccine now over 700 000 cases of H1N1.

http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/live/article/361921--polish-pm-poland-not-buying-swine-flu-vaccination-unless-it-has-been-properly-tested

:lol: how you turn evidence for getting the vaccine against the companies selling it. Classic.

the teh

Nov. 7, 2009, 11:52 a.m.

This is a bit off topic, but I learned a couple of years ago that if you are well hydrated, it's much much easier for nurses to find your veins for bloodwork, and makes it almost painless. Now I drink as much water as is humanly possible before getting stuck with any needles, and I went from being terrified of needles for all of my life,(because of an incident very similar to what enduramil posted when I was 5) to almost not caring.

That's absolutely true. Phlebotomy is greatly facilitated by proper hydration. Drink up and most techs will have it pumping into those vacuum tubes in no time.

Also, for those that are interested, it's may not even be a nurse that's taking blood - it's can also be a few kinds of lab tech.

the teh

Nov. 7, 2009, 12:37 p.m.

I don't feel that well this AM but it could also be the half doz beers I had for dinner

no real lineups up here and all the people giving the shots were public health nurses

the drink more water is a good tip …tahnx