Florida Man

Feb. 16, 2018, 10:37 a.m.

I've pretty much given up any hope that the US will make any headway on gun control in my lifetime.

Feb. 16, 2018, 6:29 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

An 18yr old in Everett WA was reported to and arrested by police after his Grams found his journal plans. Day before FL took place.

I read that one. I predict they can't do anything to him for writing bad things in her journal and grams gets shot for ratting him out.

Feb. 17, 2018, 3:26 a.m.

Posted by: grambo

I've pretty much given up any hope that the US will make any headway on gun control in my lifetime.

As have I. The whole (yes, complex) issue is so ingrained in US history and culture that a true and lasting change is very unlikely.

Feb. 17, 2018, 9:26 a.m.

It's mental illness.  Has to be, because no other country in the world has citizens who suffer from mental illness.

Feb. 17, 2018, 1:25 p.m.

It's a break down of society / societal values I am thinking.
On the gun side of things, I think people should be allowed to own them, but have similar bans like we have in Canada. No autos, assault rifles, etc. There is really no argument why someone should be owning some of the more extreme fire arms.
Another point is the USA should not be so quick to criticize other countries & other ways of life, before having a good look at the flaws of their own country.

Thread killer

Feb. 17, 2018, 4:30 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Another point is the USA should not be so quick to criticize other countries & other ways of life, before having a good look at the flaws of their own country.

lol.... Don't you believe in American exceptionalism with every fibre of your being? Obama did.

It's mental illness. Has to be, because no other country in the world has citizens who suffer from mental illness.

fu. "It's fun to kill people". Hadn't you heard?

Last edited by: tungsten on Feb. 17, 2018, 4:34 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 18, 2018, 3:01 a.m.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/feb/18/how-about-we-stop-blaming-the-victims-florida-shooting-survivors-speak-at-anti-gun-rally-video

Feb. 19, 2018, 4:01 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten lol.... Don't you believe in American exceptionalism with every fibre of your being? Obama did.

Have to ask if you're being serious or not..

Feb. 19, 2018, 4:14 a.m.

Aaaaaand for those that remember other shootings in the past, the Florida event also had a drill taking place that day.

Feb. 19, 2018, 5:06 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

It's a break down of society / societal values I am thinking.

And the destruction of the Nuclear Family.

Thats to say, if someone beat that kid as a kid, he might know better.

Feb. 19, 2018, 5:26 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/feb/18/how-about-we-stop-blaming-the-victims-florida-shooting-survivors-speak-at-anti-gun-rally-video

The gun lobby always try to blame the mental illness of an individual, yet fail to see the mass societal mental illness of those that support both a dangerous and illogical gun fetish.

It's the same illness that put Negros at the back of the bus 50 years ago, and unfortunately still permeates today.

Feb. 19, 2018, 11:10 a.m.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/16/prevent-mass-school-shootings-time-fight-fire-fire/

Fuck ya! It's the old west again! Can see the headline now.... Mentally disturbed teacher having a bad day shoots student in face. All because the student couldn't answer the question, what is the Capital of Idaho.

That place is really too far gone now...

Last edited by: bux-bux on Feb. 19, 2018, 11:13 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 19, 2018, 12:29 p.m.

I just saw a video posted on FB by actress M. Biyalik.

Did not know the statistic that the US population owns most privately-owned guns per citizen. More than in that "terrorist backwater" (if your e-sarc-o-meter is off I can not help you) called Yemen.

And I did kind of forget that the current High School students are post-Columbine. I hope that the majority is sick of living in a country that more and more resembles areas of Afghanistan or Pakistan, at least when it comes to school attacks.

Apparently a national school walkout is being organized.

Last edited by: Mic on Feb. 19, 2018, 12:29 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 19, 2018, 4:09 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/16/prevent-mass-school-shootings-time-fight-fire-fire/

Fuck ya! It's the old west again! Can see the headline now.... Mentally disturbed teacher having a bad day shoots student in face. All because the student couldn't answer the question, what is the Capital of Idaho.

glockinvader.That place is really too far gone now...

I can totally picture my grade 3 teacher, Mrs. Talento, a sweet Phillipino lady, pulling a Glock out from under her desk and laying waste to the unfortunate school invader. Arming the teachers is a foolproof plan and the teachers would love it I am sure, knowing they can enforce justice if needed. Keeping a loaded weapon in a classroom couldn't possibly go wrong. /s

Last edited by: chupacabra on Feb. 19, 2018, 4:10 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 19, 2018, 4:27 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

It brings up an interesting point tho - are kids today more mean towards their peers than they were say 50 years ago? It seems all the "kids" committing these shootings were loners, outsiders and didn't appear to have much in the way of a social circle or friends at school. Is the apparent ostracization of these kids a contributing factor in them deciding to shoot up their school or other location? Some people may hate this being brought up but it's one of those questions that needs to be asked. You can pin these incidents on one factor - guns - alone.