first world problems

Nov. 2, 2022, 10:41 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

i stayed in the hospiz at bernina pass overnight and have no intentions to head out to bike again because it’s cold :/

*points to that other thread on how to stay warm... 

I am sore as hell from commuting, doing kettlebell stuff and learning tricks jumping my 20" into a foampit.

Nov. 2, 2022, 10:52 a.m.

it was actually warm in the sun as soon as i got out. awesome trails there, can recommend

Nov. 4, 2022, 1:13 a.m.

it was actually warm in the sun as soon as i got out. awesome trails there, can recommend

Not sure if I ever ride in Swissneyland, because of the prices for almost everything. Did not go to the mountains this year and I miss them, guess Italy, Austria and Slovenia are on the menu for next season. My kid would

Nov. 4, 2022, 9:48 a.m.

My Jack Russell thinks now that the weather is wet and cold he should be allowed to piss in my house.  He also wants to run off into the Squamish estuary and attack the bears.  I have thoughts of letting him try.

Nov. 4, 2022, 10:12 a.m.

For the sake of the bears, don't let him!

Nov. 4, 2022, 11:04 a.m.

Posted by: switch

He is 15 lbs of fury. The bears wouldn't know what hit them.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Nov. 4, 2022, 11:04 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 4, 2022, 12:34 p.m.

I've seen a couple of instances  ^^ in a younger Jack Russel unless you really want a dog with a lot of attitude who will piss in your house/ shit on the wall

get a different breed or you can fix the dog you got, 2 words

shock collar

Nov. 4, 2022, 1:19 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I've seen a couple of instances  ^^ in a younger Jack Russel unless you really want a dog with a lot of attitude who will piss in your house/ shit on the wall

get a different breed or you can fix the dog you got, 2 words

shock collar

LOL.  This guy knows the breed.  They are a lot of work for sure but I haven't succumbed to the shock collar yet.  A muzzle shuts them up quickly and if I can get in a good session with a ball and chuck-it he is a lot better.  Otherwise, it's like having a tiny coked-up parkour master running around your house trying to steal your food.

Nov. 4, 2022, 2:01 p.m.

yeah the gf had a JW I remember it looking at me in a way you know it was aware of what it was doing before it pissed on the floor,

it would bug the really nice old australian shepard and bug the cat, every so often they would retaliate & take a piece out of her

a buddy i drink beer with was telling me his JW shit on the wall,  sez the shock collar is where its at and if dog doesnt listen just turn it up some more

Last edited by: XXX_er on Nov. 4, 2022, 2:01 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 4, 2022, 2:37 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

.......... good session with a ball and chuck-it he is a lot better.  Otherwise, it's like having a tiny coked-up parkour master running around your house trying to steal your food.

🤣

My English Staffy was chewing through the wire fence to get to the children on sidewalk out front for belly rubs.

Eventually put a perimeter activated shock collar on her, she'd hesitate at the barrier then walk right through it. Little twitch each time it shocked her and keep on trucking. Max voltage.

Knucklehead dogs are gonna knucklehead.

Lots of fetch and socializing with a buddy dog regularly smoothed her out. And a 6' wooden fence.

Nov. 4, 2022, 2:48 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Not sure if I ever ride in Swissneyland, because of the prices for almost everything. Did not go to the mountains this year and I miss them, guess Italy, Austria and Slovenia are on the menu for next season. My kid would

depends where you go. davos has some deals in their own hotels, spend around 700/week there last year

Nov. 4, 2022, 5:27 p.m.

first world problems

ebikes on the Shore

There's something funny here.

Nov. 4, 2022, 9:07 p.m.

Otherwise, it's like having a tiny coked-up parkour master running around your house trying to steal your food.

You’ve obviously met our new kitten and the instruction she’s given her older brother.

Nov. 7, 2022, 11:21 a.m.

Posted by: switch

He is 15 lbs of fury. The bears wouldn't know what hit them.

UPDATE:  The estuary bears climbed into my backyard the other night and I didn't know they were there.  It is fenced in so I let the Jack Russell out for a pee and there they were less than 10 feet away (it's a really small yard).  He ran after them barking and then chased them as they jumped back over the fence.  Fearless and stupid, but he came out unscathed so he probably thinks he is indestructible now.

Nov. 7, 2022, 12:57 p.m.

My Jack Russell thinks now that the weather is wet and cold he should be allowed to piss in my house.  He also wants to run off into the Squamish estuary and attack the bears.  I have thoughts of letting him try.

Dude, the squamish estuary is the home of the most repulsive smells on the planet, and dogs are uniquely enabled to find them/roll in them. Our dog had the best time if her life, and smelled worse than anything I've ever experienced, for approximately 6 months (3 baths over that time).