first world problems

July 24, 2022, 5:57 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

Posted by: Sethimus

arguing about such semantics, definitely first world problems

actually, just trying to make people think. when I saw firsthand (at a friend's house) an original photo album of residential school children that will be brought to the pope's apology visit, I started thinking about our first world.

It also makes me think of my family who visited us von das Vaterland, who were very excited to go see the Indians (not the ball team) back in the 80's. Seriously.

did you know that there are people in the vaterland that are organized in western and indians clubs, roleplaying their karl may fantasys? btw, google karl may, explains a lot propably…

edit: of course there’s an wikipedia entry about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_May#Indianert%C3%BCmelei

Last edited by: Sethimus on July 24, 2022, 6:05 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 24, 2022, 6:09 p.m.

^^^^

That shit still occurs here, except in real life. We call ot the Williams lake rodeo.

July 24, 2022, 8:29 p.m.

in the mid 70's they would load the FN into box cars at the Williams lake stampede and run them out of town, not sure how far but they would be sober by the time they walked back, I'm not sure when that practise was discontinued

July 25, 2022, 6:26 a.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Went to the store....no pudding i  tins.

Devastating.

I guess it was a 90s and before thing..

https://youtu.be/Ph988S2hW-I

July 25, 2022, 10:26 p.m.

Why do people need to be told to seek shade, drink plenty of water etc. when it's hot out? Is it not common sense? Shouldn't  people automatically know that shit?

Same as the signs / instructions on applying hand sanitizer. Like some dude is thinking; "I thought I should be drinking it, but then I happened to see the instructions & now I know what to do".

Common sense has gone out the window. It seems like the state has to hold people's hands & guide them thru life. I guess parents are not teaching their kids anything.

July 26, 2022, 7:34 a.m.

Common sense AND situational awareness have gone out the window.

July 26, 2022, 9:17 a.m.

i think they just send out alerts cuz its so easy

July 28, 2022, 10:08 a.m.

now would be the time the first videos of the world cup from the firstday of training are usually released. but no, it has to be in a different time zone.

Aug. 31, 2022, 8:57 p.m.

My favorite bread now comes with one of those crappy paper clips to hold the end of the bag closed. I like the plastic clip better. The paper one doesn't work very well. I'm all for being eco-friendly, I just didn't know it would go this far.

Sept. 6, 2022, 11:58 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

My favorite bread now comes with one of those crappy paper clips to hold the end of the bag closed. I like the plastic clip better. The paper one doesn't work very well. I'm all for being eco-friendly, I just didn't know it would go this far.

I have bought the bags of bread that have 4 separate loaves in separate bags inside and those have cardboard clips. The stupid thing is the main bag has a plastic clip!?!

Sept. 6, 2022, 12:06 p.m.

proper bread isn’t sold in plastik bags

Sept. 6, 2022, 2:11 p.m.

Why do people need to be told to seek shade, drink plenty of water etc. when it's hot out? Is it not common sense? Shouldn't  people automatically know that shit?

Same as the signs / instructions on applying hand sanitizer. Like some dude is thinking; "I thought I should be drinking it, but then I happened to see the instructions & now I know what to do".

Common sense has gone out the window. It seems like the state has to hold people's hands & guide them thru life. I guess parents are not teaching their kids anything.

People die in droves during heat waves, despite the warnings. 

Alcoholics drink alcohol based hand sanitizer, despite the warnings.

I don't think 'common sense' is as common as you think.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." - George Carlin

Sept. 6, 2022, 3:12 p.m.

“The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity” – Harlan Ellison

Sept. 15, 2022, 8:14 p.m.

When you squeeze a bottle of relish, nothing comes out initially, so you squeeze harder & half the bottle comes out. They should liquefy it, so it squeezes out smoothly like mustard.

Sept. 15, 2022, 9:26 p.m.

When you squeeze a bottle of relish, nothing comes out initially, so you squeeze harder & half the bottle comes out. They should liquefy it, so it squeezes out smoothly like mustard.

Imagine a world where they packaged it in a jar, where you could use a spoon or knife to portion it out.