First Past the Post

Oct. 17, 2018, 2:12 p.m.

The people of BC voted against HST for a couple of reasons. The first was that it was introduced after an insistence (pre-election) from the premier at the time that the HST wasnt being considered. Two months after the election, it was introduced. The HST is a better system, which not everyone had the time or patience to understand. They were voting it out in anger for what they assumed as being lied to by the government in my opinion.

Last edited by: shoreboy on Oct. 17, 2018, 2:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 17, 2018, 2:49 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

The people of BC voted against HST for a couple of reasons. The first was that it was introduced after an insistence (pre-election) from the premier at the time that the HST wasnt being considered. Two months after the election, it was introduced. The HST is a better system, which not everyone had the time or patience to understand. They were voting it out in anger for what they assumed as being lied to by the government in my opinion.

Yep, it was largely an FU Gordo vote, along with FU my nose, Imma cut you off just to show Gordo how mad I am!

Oct. 18, 2018, 2:03 p.m.

HST is unarguably a superior system for many reasons and it should never have been a public vote, that was a huge political failure on the part of the Liberals. As an accountant/finance guy it was painful to see that unfold. Hard to blame the public though who could not think beyond "muh restaurant bills!".

Oct. 19, 2018, 7:05 a.m.

So is voting day tomorrow? cause im going camping.