Financial Planner - North Van

Nov. 8, 2017, 7:54 a.m.

I have just changed to a new company and of course all of the benefits/pension/etc are all different. Does anyone have a good financial planner in or around North Van that is not necessarily associated with a financial institution? I always feel like the bank-folks are just interested in selling something and aren't really looking out for my best interest.

Thanks,
Gord

Nov. 8, 2017, 2:11 p.m.

If you're an accredited investor, PM me, I have a few recommendations for investment counsel.  

I don't know anybody who does general planning though. 

Key is to find/use a fee for service advisor, someone who will work for you as opposed to working for a commission from the investment company they place your money with.  Also, it is in your best interest to find an advisor who has a fiduciary duty as a tenant for your relationshiprelationship towards you. You can ask them. Fiduciary duty: https://www.ific.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Fiduciary-Duties-and-Financial-Advisors-Frequently-Asked-Questions-and-Answers-August-2011.pdf/1658/ 

Nov. 10, 2017, 3:47 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

If you're an accredited investor, PM me, I have a few recommendations for investment counsel.

I don't know anybody who does general planning though.

Key is to find/use a fee for service advisor, someone who will work for you as opposed to working for a commission from the investment company they place your money with. Also, it is in your best interest to find an advisor who has a fiduciary duty as a tenant for your relationshiprelationship towards you. You can ask them. Fiduciary duty: https://www.ific.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Fiduciary-Duties-and-Financial-Advisors-Frequently-Asked-Questions-and-Answers-August-2011.pdf/1658/

Everything he says... fee for service is the model you want. Sorry no recommendations here either, still on DIY for a few more years.

Last edited by: grambo on Nov. 10, 2017, 3:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 10, 2017, 11:48 p.m.

Fiduciary duty

Fiduciary duty

Fiduciary duty

Fiduciary duty

Fiduciary duty

Fiduciary duty

Nov. 13, 2017, 1:31 p.m.

Doody.