Favorite cheap beers

June 30, 2012, 9:13 p.m.

my alcoholic neighbour drinks this stuff

i'm not a fan but i guess it does the job for him and think it's under $8.

It's a beer that tastes as good warm as cold, which has its advantages.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 30, 2012, 9:33 p.m.

Does my home brew count? I am pulling pints out of my keg for 23c or so each. Wanna get wasted? Got a toonie? Very dangerous indeed.

that's cheap even for home brew. mine typically ends up at between $0.75-1.00 a pint; hops are expensive.

June 30, 2012, 10:57 p.m.

I rarely drink anymore but when I do its Heineken. Is that considered a cheap beer?

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 30, 2012, 10:58 p.m.

Ive got a couple in my stash. My crowning glory is my 1 Drifwood Bird of Prey that i might have to drink for my b-day.

Keeping beers in the basement for a year or more seems like a crime.

My wait and drin beers are 4 various Russian River beers that I am keeping, and a Singularity as well. The Green Flash Trippel, and Grand Cru are a staple in the good beetr shelf as well.

On a side note, I am in the middle of a Dirty Nechako evening and all is very well. Although I think Lime Palm Bay would go better than Tangerine with the Green can 'boo.

Cheers!!!!

July 1, 2012, 12:09 a.m.

Back in America all beer is cheap beer… That is my #1 gripe with Canada… and the rain.

Beer prices aside…if you're gonna judge Canada on a localized weather pattern that YOU decided to move to…

Expand your horizon…open your mind American…

July 1, 2012, 12:48 a.m.

I rarely drink anymore but when I do its Heineken. Is that considered a cheap beer?

My friends, I drink Dos Equis.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 1, 2012, 12:50 a.m.

My friends, I drink Dos Equis.

lol. I didn't even realize it until after. Stay thirsty my friends.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 1, 2012, 9:20 a.m.

As far as cheap goes I think I'm pretty much unbeatable…(possibly bushman pays a little less)

Not too bad. It's a little on the light side but it has a clear and refreshing taste. On of my favorite things about it is the bottles have a hefty deposit (3 empties get you another beer)and are washed and refilled. I like the fact that new bottles aren't being manufactured all the time.

I think this might be cheaper, but I have to spend way more to get there and drink it!

Tastes like piss, but if I'm drinking it, I'm in Indonesia and that makes it taste like
mana from heaven.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 1, 2012, 9:54 a.m.

Here I thought I'd read through this entire thread and find somebody who was singing the Lucky Lager praises. I started drinking that in University, continued when I moved to the island, and now prefer it to all other beers even though I make a good living and live where good beer is cheaper. LONG LIVE LUCKY!

July 1, 2012, 10 a.m.

No love for Kokanee?

Lucky, Black Label, Molsons, Labatts; Canadian staples.

Worst time was when there would be a beer strike and all that was available was Uncle Bens, or the imported Olympia.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

July 3, 2012, 4:22 p.m.

Beer prices aside…if you're gonna judge Canada on a localized weather pattern that YOU decided to move to…

Expand your horizon…open your mind American…

My WORK decided to move me here and I'm not complaining about Canada as a whole. I really love it here. BC has awesome riding, friendly people, and lots to do, but it's raining again today and it's just getting a little bit old in July. everyone is going to have some complaints about where they live and my complaint about here is expensive beer and unrelenting rain.

This is why I vacation back to California every year in April/ May.:usa:

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

July 3, 2012, 5:40 p.m.

If I want to drink half a doz cheap beer its usually one of the Bowen Island products

last time I looked at the price per ml on those 500ml euro beers it was actualy pretty good but not as cheap as the cheapest BC beers

July 3, 2012, 7:46 p.m.

If I want to drink half a doz cheap beer its usually one of the Bowen Island products

last time I looked at the price per ml on those 500ml euro beers it was actualy pretty good but not as cheap as the cheapest BC beers

Concur on both.

For those who think the $1.99 500ml cans are the cheapest, they come in at $0.3980/100ml. Whereas the $7.95/6 regular cans are $0.3732/100ml. Not much in it I agree, but the 6'ers are slightly cheaper. This is NOT a statement about quality.

TW: drop a slice or two of lime into just about any shitty lager and it will become half decent. I'm drinking the Cariboo green right now (with lime of course) and the Bowen Irish Cream Ale (no lime).

July 3, 2012, 7:51 p.m.

yeah I seem to remember the 2.50$ a 500ml can were about the same $ as more expensive BC beers like most granville island products

my one at a time expensive beer is Innis [HTML_REMOVED] Gunn or Gulden Draak

July 3, 2012, 7:57 p.m.

3.2 Buckhorn circa late 60s………..

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.