Favorite cheap beers

June 30, 2012, 7:30 a.m.

duh

fuck lmm

I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.

i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/

June 30, 2012, 5:05 p.m.

Back in America all beer is cheap beer… That is my #1 gripe with Canada… and the rain.

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

June 30, 2012, 5:12 p.m.

Single tall cans are often the lowest $/mL in the BCL.

I think that's it's a really good sign when folks are drinking BC beers that are made in BC. the PW brewing company

They make some really cheap stuff for the US too. Several years ago I was heading to Wenatchee on a kayaking trip and we stopped in Blaine to gas up at one of the places right after the border. Big banner hanging up that says "Cheap Canadian Beer". Turns out to be something none of us had heard of made by PWB that they were selling for dirt cheap. Got chatting to the store manager and he says "I used to use milk as a loss leader to bring in Canadians, but beer works way better and doesn't have an expiry date".

June 30, 2012, 5:39 p.m.

Since its the long weekend, whats your folks favorite cheap beers? I consider myself well versed in the world of sub-8 dollar 6-packs but just bought a some "Big Surf" from Kelowna, never tried it but not bad at all for a light easy to drink beer, not bad warm.

Any gems I'm missing out on?

Why drink crappy cheap beer? The difference between a sixer of Old Milwaukee and a nice local microbrew, say from Phillips, is only about 4 bucks. Heck, I'll give you four bucks. PM me your email address and I'll send you an email money transfer.

I'm poor as shit and I still drink good beer.

June 30, 2012, 5:53 p.m.

Personally I'd rather save 4 $ on beer and spend it on a nicer bottle of wine.

Reality is the best tasting beer is the beer after a day of skiing, riding, hiking, or just working your ass off. The experience is never ruined by a cheap beer nor replicated by an expensive one.

June 30, 2012, 6:40 p.m.

Maybe thats why you're poor as shit?

Like the previous guy said, any beer tastes good after a hard days work, ski or day on the bike. Maybe I spend so much time doing those things that I'm happy with cheap beer, or maybe I just like to save my $4 and put it towards buying a ski pass or bike part, taking a lady out for a nice dinner, whatever..

"set your standards low and you'll never be disappointed".

June 30, 2012, 6:46 p.m.

Why drink crappy cheap beer? The difference between a sixer of Old Milwaukee and a nice local microbrew, say from Phillips, is only about 4 bucks. Heck, I'll give you four bucks. PM me your email address and I'll send you an email money transfer.

Yeah but how often do you drink beer?

Some of us drink daily…

www.natooke.com

June 30, 2012, 6:55 p.m.

Maybe thats why you're poor as shit?

Like the previous guy said, any beer tastes good after a hard days work, ski or day on the bike. Maybe I spend so much time doing those things that I'm happy with cheap beer, or maybe I just like to save my $4 and put it towards buying a ski pass or bike part, taking a lady out for a nice dinner, whatever..

"set your standards low and you'll never be disappointed".

Nah, I think if paying an extra $4 per six pack is affecting your ability to buy those other things you mention, maybe you're drinking too much beer period. I'd rather drink no beer than crap beer, as beer is a luxury.

June 30, 2012, 6:57 p.m.

Yeah but how often do you drink beer?

Some of us drink daily…

Probably an average of 2 beers per day. Switching to cheap beer would save me about $8-$10 per week.

June 30, 2012, 7:19 p.m.

Tree Brewing Kelowna Pilsner and Thirsty Beaver Amber Ale at 1.99 per 500ml are the staple inexpensive beers in our house. It's good beer, better than the Bowen or PW offerings.

Love the BC micro brews from Phillips and Driftwood, but for volume consumption we stick to the Tree tall cans and save the good stuff for a good meal.

June 30, 2012, 7:52 p.m.

On the topic of Beer, I read the headline Fire destroys over 300,000 cans of beer near N.B. and panicked.

Then I read the article and saw the photo and realized that it was mostly Bud, Bud Lit and Coors Light and all was well in the world.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 30, 2012, 8:03 p.m.

While I usually don't discriminate against any beer, light beer of any variety is terrible. Burn baby burn.

June 30, 2012, 8:06 p.m.

i do nt care about expensive beerill just throwi it up anyways

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 30, 2012, 8:33 p.m.

my alcoholic neighbour drinks this stuff

i'm not a fan but i guess it does the job for him and think it's under $8.

June 30, 2012, 8:59 p.m.

i just found cariboo in a black can. about to crack one after the 7 parking lot beer. put my last tree of the year in the ground at 3:30pm. #drunkby4passedoutby10!

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.