Fact of the day

April 9, 2020, 9:29 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: Brocklanders

Posted by: Stuminator

Posted by: chupacabra

Actress Marilu Henner has hyperthymesia & can remember every detail of every day of her life. She is one of 6 known people who have this.

Also one of 6 people that gave me funny feelings down there when I was pre-pubescent.  I wonder if Taxi still holds up.

Ooooh, that red hair.

Wow this fact went sideways ... Haha

Yes she was def a Babraham Lincoln

Barbara Eden, I dream of genie. Hot hot hot.

Definitely on that list as well.  Catherine Bach, Dukes of Hazard too.  Most were a bit old for me in hindsight.  haha

April 9, 2020, 10:11 a.m.

Erin grey in Buck Rogers

Heather Locklear in fall guy 

I have a thing for the sister in law in Breaking Bad currently....lol

April 9, 2020, 2:26 p.m.

You guys had better skills back in the days...when we all posted images instead of just names. 

Wait...Heather....oooh....yes. That bikini in the intro.

April 9, 2020, 3:23 p.m.

Is this the hall pass thread?

April 9, 2020, 6:52 p.m.

I think that was Heather Thomas in Fall Guy, not Heather Locklear.

April 9, 2020, 7:11 p.m.

Oh yes I stand corrected. Think Pheobe Cates in Fast Times stands out. And that guy who plays bass in Kiss's wife who was in Hotdog... Schwing! .....What were we talking about?

Last edited by: Brocklanders on April 9, 2020, 7:11 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 9, 2020, 7:35 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Oh yes I stand corrected. Think Pheobe Cates in Fast Times stands out. And that guy who plays bass in Kiss's wife who was in Hotdog... Schwing! .....What were we talking about?

Shannon Tweed. She was in a bunch of B-rated made for cable movies showing her best features.

April 10, 2020, 7:27 p.m.

From Robert F. Kennedy, Jr ‘s IG post today:

"Vaccines, for Bill Gates, are a strategic philanthropy that feed his many vaccine-related businesses (including Microsoft’s ambition to control a global vac ID enterprise) and give him dictatorial control over global health policy—the spear tip of corporate neo-imperialism.

Gates’ obsession with vaccines seems fueled by a messianic conviction that he is ordained to save the world with technology and a god-like willingness to experiment with the lives of lesser humans.

Promising to eradicate Polio with $1.2 billion, Gates took control of India ‘s National Advisory Board (NAB) and mandated 50 polio vaccines (up from 5) to every child before age 5. Indian doctors blame the Gates campaign for a devastating vaccine-strain polio epidemic that paralyzed 496,000 children between 2000 and 2017. In 2017, the Indian Government dialed back Gates’ vaccine regimen and evicted Gates and his cronies from the NAB. Polio paralysis rates dropped precipitously. In 2017, the World Health Organization reluctantly admitted that the global polio explosion is predominantly vaccine strain, meaning it is coming from Gates’ Vaccine Program. The most frightening epidemics in Congo, the Philippines, and Afghanistan are all linked to Gates’ vaccines. By 2018, ¾ of global polio cases were from Gates’ vaccines.

In 2014, the Gates Foundation funded tests of experimental HPV vaccines, developed by GSK and Merck, on 23,000 young girls in remote Indian provinces. Approximately 1,200 suffered severe side effects, including autoimmune and fertility disorders. Seven died. Indian government investigations charged that Gates funded researchers committed pervasive ethical violations: pressuring vulnerable village girls into the trial, bullying parents, forging consent forms, and refusing medical care to the injured girls. The case is now in the country’s Supreme Court.

In 2010, the Gates Foundation funded a trial of a GSK’s experimental malaria vaccine, killing 151 African infants and causing serious adverse effects including paralysis, seizure, and febrile convulsions to 1,048 of the 5,049 children.

During Gates 2002 MenAfriVac Campaign in Sub-Saharan Africa, Gates operatives forcibly vaccinated thousands of African children against meningitis. Between 50-500 children developed paralysis. South African newspapers complained, "We are guinea pigs for drug makers"

Nelson Mandela's former Senior Economist, Professor Patrick Bond, describes Gates' philantropic practises as "ruthless" and immoral".

In 2010, Gates committed $10 billion to the WHO promising to reduce population, in part, through new vaccines. A month later Gates told a Ted Talk that new vaccines "could reduce population". In 2014, Kenya's Catholic Doctors Association accused the WHO of chemically sterilizing millions of unwilling Kenyan women with a phony "tetanus" vaccine campaign.

Independent labs found the sterility formula in every vaccine tested.

After denying the charges, WHO finally admitted it had been developing the sterility vaccines for over a decade.

Similar accusations came from Tanzania, Nicaragua, Mexico and the Philippines.

A 2017 study (Morgensen et.Al.2017) showed that WHO's popular DTP is killing more African than the disease it pretends to prevent. Vaccinated girls suffered 10x the death rate of unvaccinated children.

Gates and the WHO refused to recall the lethal vaccine which WHO forces upon millions of African children annually.

Global public health advocates around the world accuse Gates of - hijacking WHO's agenda away from the projects that are proven to curb infectious diseases; clean water, hygiene, nutrition and economic development.

They say he has diverted agency resources to serve his personal fetish - that good health only comes in a syringe.

In addition to using his philantropy to control WHO, UNICEF, GAVI and PATH, Gates funds private pharmaceutical companies that manifacture vaccines, and a massive network of pharmaceutical -industry front groups that broadcast deceptive propaganda, develop fraudulent studies, conduct surveillance and psychological operations against vaccine hesitancy and use Gates' power and money to silence dissent and coerce compliance.

In this recent nonstop Pharmedia appearances, Gates appears gleeful that the Covid-19 crisis will give him the opportunity to force his third-world vaccine programs on American children."

April 11, 2020, 8:51 p.m.

The world's largest animal, the Blue whale, has a heart that weighs 400 pounds. That's about the same as a small piano.

April 11, 2020, 11:58 p.m.

The distinct economic classes in the United States are as follows:

01% of the adult US population owns 50% of the financial markets. This is the “ruling class” for purposes of discussion. You probably know who they are in your town. They pull the levers of power. They own lots of stuff. This is not to say they are good people or bad people. It is only to recognize the reality of their position in the economic system. 

09% of the adult US population owns 35% of the financial markets. This is the “managerial class.” This is the lawyers and accountants and corporate bosses and administrators that are always telling everyone else what to do. They are the levers of power that get pulled. This is not to disparage the character of “professionals,” but it is to recognize them as a distinct economic class within the economic system. The 09% managerial class. 

40% of the adult US population owns 15% of the financial markets. This is the useful good guy working class. Firefighters and nurses, teachers and emts. All those nice little people with 401ks and retirement pensions and/or a small portfolio of stocks. For purposes of discussion, they are the financialized working class. They have been led to believe that the financial markets are a good thing that serves their interests because they are invested in them but they don’t really understand the reality of how financial markets function. 

50% of the adult US population own 0% of the financial markets. This is the precariat class that seriously struggles to meet basic needs. They have low wage jobs, temp jobs, gig positions, illegal jobs, social service survival payments, disability payments, unemployment payments, worker’s comp. payments, public housing, subsidized housing, homeless shelters and food pantries. This is not to disparage the precariat class. It is to recognize them as a distinct economic class within the economic system. It is the class of people that does not participate in the financial markets so they have to get their currency (money) they need to survive from another source.

Last edited by: tungsten on April 12, 2020, 12:02 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 12, 2020, 6:12 p.m.

The hippopotamus is extremely territorial in the water, but not on land.

April 13, 2020, 12:29 a.m.

The hippopotamus is extremely territorial in the water, but not on land.

wtf? Hippos kill more people than any other large land mammal in Africa. Usually at night, in wallows leading to rivers. They bite them into two pieces!

April 13, 2020, 12:40 a.m.

China has one time zone.

April 13, 2020, 6:51 p.m.

The world's largest animal, the Blue whale, has a heart that weighs 400 pounds. That's about the same as a small piano.

You know someone was going to go to the next logical fact, so it I guess it will be me.  Blue whale penises are 8-10 ft in length, 12-18 inches in diameter and weigh 390-990lbs.  Testicles are 100-150lbs each, and produce 30-40 pints of semen in one shot.  Sorry....that is more than one fact but interesting for sure.

April 13, 2020, 7:22 p.m.

Wow - that without me one hell of a facial!