Euros/Pounds

Feb. 18, 2017, 3:07 p.m.

Is there a "best place" to get euros [HTML_REMOVED] pounds? Or are they all the same?

Feb. 18, 2017, 3:46 p.m.

The pound is used in the UK. Euros are used on the continent. The best place to buy them locally would be a currency exchange.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Feb. 18, 2017, 3:52 p.m.

VBCE has a few branches and Moneyway at park royal. If you're changing more than 10k it's worth it to call around and see who'll give you the best price.

Feb. 18, 2017, 4:39 p.m.

Thanks. This will just be a couple grand.

Feb. 18, 2017, 6:51 p.m.

When u withdrawal from an atm in the uk they have to give u the market rate of the day. The exchange places buff the rates so they make money.
Obviously use a bank there not a atm in a pub.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Feb. 18, 2017, 6:58 p.m.

When u withdrawal from an atm in the uk they have to give u the market rate of the day. The exchange places buff the rates so they make money.
Obviously use a bank there not a atm in a pub.

When you withdraw from an ATM you are limited to a daily withdrawal limit and subject to a foreign transaction fee plus/and-or the rate your credit card uses. Some banks will offer a number of "free" withdrawals if you pay a monthly fee

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Feb. 18, 2017, 7:15 p.m.

I throw as much purchases on my cc as possible. Cash (me ouside???) back and zero fee foreign exchange.

Other than that I hit up the bank ATMs for money.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Feb. 18, 2017, 7:24 p.m.

is it to send to someone? or a bank transfer? look into xe or transferwise, much better rates.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Feb. 18, 2017, 8:26 p.m.

Is there a "best place" to get euros [HTML_REMOVED] pounds? Or are they all the same?

Watch out for football hooligans!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 18, 2017, 8:42 p.m.

Sending one of my spawn with cash monies as a drug mule, so I need to get the cash here.

Feb. 20, 2017, 11:37 a.m.

If you have a bank account that has no ATM fees, withdrawing money from any 'plus' ATM machines in the respective country has generally given me the best exchange and lowest fees.

Basically, have the 'best' account from a private bank here in Canada. Withdrawal money from any bank ATM in whatever country you are in (they usually have a plus logo). You'll get the exchange rate of the day, sometimes a very very small fee, sometimes not.

If you don't want to go that route. VBCE for sure.

edit: You want to withdrawal with your debit. If you use your credit you'll get a less than favorable exchange rate, and I believe an extra charge.

Feb. 20, 2017, 11:47 a.m.

A credit card withdrawal would be a cash advance - instant interest charges. Don't do it.

Feb. 20, 2017, 12:12 p.m.

If you have a bank account that has no ATM fees, withdrawing money from any 'plus' ATM machines in the respective country has generally given me the best exchange and lowest fees.

This has works. Africa, Europe, South America and the formerly great nation of the USA and a debit card.

Feb. 20, 2017, 12:13 p.m.

Some places and modes of travel you need the cash, a bank card lets you take out cash but you are gona pay 5 euro or something like that for every transaction and there are limits to what you can get out of a bank machine

In Bali I got 1 bank card transaction on my BNS card and my acount was inacessible for the month duno why but fortunatley I had a visa for cash advances and my GF had the AMEX, but when I got home I phoned the BNS to complain and have them reverse the extra charges on my visa card for the cash advances which they did no problem

But being stuck on the other side of the world with no money could suck so I just applied for an AMEX … I want to have several options next time

Feb. 20, 2017, 8:58 p.m.

I use the amazon.ca Visa for everything. Failing that I hit up a proper bank machine to get that slow money.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.