Euro Trip

April 27, 2011, 9:51 p.m.

So in 17/18 days I embark on a Euro Trip with 2 friends. Will be gone from May 15th until July 10th or something, getting back and turning 19 the second night of crankworks:D. I will be going to Germany(Berlin),Czech Republic(Prague), Hungary(Budapest), Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, back to Germany(Cologne)and The Netherlands (Hague and Amsterdam).
Any recommendations on places to go while in these countries/cities? As well as tips and such. So far we are planning on going to Sensation White in Prague which is a gigantic rave, boobs picture from it included below. We are doing a brewery tour in the Czech as well. Hungary we are going to a winery and Lake Balaton. Ukraine is going to involve doing a Chernobyl + Pripyat tour. Croatia we will be visiting plitvice lakes. Netherlands will include a day or two in Amsterdamn, but looking to do other stuff then the usual stuff there.

I'm also big into photography, will have my 7d w/ tokina 11-16mm F2.8 and sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5. Probably will also have my Canon Elan 7 w/ 50mm F1.8 and lots of film so expect pictures!

Sensation White b00bs. Also, reps for comments/help.

flickr

April 27, 2011, 9:56 p.m.

eat this
while youre in berlin.

sooo good. infact. you have to bring one back for me.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 27, 2011, 10:08 p.m.

Salzburg for a night on your back back into germany. Touristy but good for a laugh. Good beer garden too. Have heard the Hague can be boring as fuck (Canadians in Berlin told me that) but that is a sample size of one…
And Adam West, you fucking dick. Now I want one of those. And a currywurst. And dirty street pints.

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

April 27, 2011, 10:20 p.m.

one of the only things i miss living in germany is doeners

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 27, 2011, 10:21 p.m.

So in 17/18 days I embark on a Euro Trip with 2 friends. Will be gone from May 15th until July 10th or something, getting back and turning 19 the second night of crankworks:D. I will be going to Germany(Berlin),Czech Republic(Prague), Hungary(Budapest), Ukraine, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Croatia, back to Germany(Cologne)and The Netherlands (Hague and Amsterdam).
Any recommendations on places to go while in these countries/cities? As well as tips and such. So far we are planning on going to Sensation White in Prague which is a gigantic rave, boobs picture from it included below. We are doing a brewery tour in the Czech as well. Hungary we are going to a winery and Lake Balaton. Ukraine is going to involve doing a Chernobyl + Pripyat tour. Croatia we will be visiting plitvice lakes. Netherlands will include a day or two in Amsterdamn, but looking to do other stuff then the usual stuff there.

I'm also big into photography, will have my 7d w/ tokina 11-16mm F2.8 and sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5. Probably will also have my Canon Elan 7 w/ 50mm F1.8 and lots of film so expect pictures!

Sensation White b00bs. Also, reps for comments/help.

At sensation check out sharam and Joris Voorn. Sensation has gone hardcore mainstream but it should still be a pretty fun night. Spend your time over there drinking good beer (aka, spend most of the time partly drunk.) If you come home from Europe with a similar tolerance to when you left, you have failed.

In Berlin, forget everything you saw at Sensation, throw on some skinny jeans and immerse yourself as deep as you can into the underground in the time you are there. Go to Golden Gate, Ritterbutske, Watergate. Get really messed up. Stay out for three days straight. Go to Berghain, just cause. Berlin is on the verge of changing, I wish I had seen it earlier. Enjoy it while it is still sorta dope. Yes, eat doners. Try Mustafas at Mehringdam….seriously. And if you are drunk, which you should be, you will still be hungry. Curry 36 is right next door, get some currywurst. Talk to Shed if he is there, hes a nice guy.

Eastern Places? Get drunk, party hard. Balaton should be cool.

Chernobyl? Fuck, jealous. Would love to see that.

Amsterdam is fun, but filled with Idiot tourists. Try and get off the beaten track. Rent a bike, ride around. Again, drink beer. Go to the Hague, I liked it. Go to haarlem, get high if that's your thing. Its not mine, I got drunk.

Take photos, make thread here when you come home.

Most importantly, give zero fucks and do things you wouldn't do when you are here. Dance like you don't give a fuck. Imo anyhow.

April 27, 2011, 10:29 p.m.

Then you can succeed where Sleeper failed, put your trip report directly in the boob thread

April 27, 2011, 10:58 p.m.

Think twice about bringing along a bunch of camera gear.

April 28, 2011, 3:44 a.m.

Think twice about bringing along a bunch of camera gear.

I second this, for two reasons:

1. Weight. Imho there is no sense in travelling as a backpacker when you have a lot of Kilos just for camera gear.

2. Playing it safe, depending in which accomodation you stay, and where you end up walking around, it may be a better idea to bring a more "general" camera along.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

April 28, 2011, 6:58 a.m.

If you are in Hamburg you must do the "traditional". Go to St Pauli for an all-nighter. In the morning stumble ovet to the Elbe river where the fisch market is on sunday morning, things heat up around 5am so if you have had a successfull night you probably end up there anyways. Have a sausage or "fischbrotchen" then make your way to the beer hall. Grab a beer, sit down and let the fun begin.
When you are downtown go to the Nickolai Kirche, very photo genic, amazing history. In that same area are "the sisters", a group of apartments over 500 years old that are still being lived in. Eat potato soup at the potato cellar below. In the same area is the warehouse district, go wander around, you'll find something good.

I cant wait to go back to Germany.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

April 28, 2011, 9:34 a.m.

Youll have a blast in budapest. Get wrecked, then spend the day at the baths.

April 28, 2011, 9:43 a.m.

also when in germany, hop down do the sächsische schweiz near dresden

my grandparents live there and hiking there is lord of the rings epic

more pics
http://www.google.ca/search?um=1[HTML_REMOVED]hl=en[HTML_REMOVED]safe=off[HTML_REMOVED]client=firefox-a[HTML_REMOVED]hs=MV[HTML_REMOVED]rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official[HTML_REMOVED]tbm=isch[HTML_REMOVED]sa=X[HTML_REMOVED]ei=0Zi5TdCJNo-ksQOh_-T0Bw[HTML_REMOVED]ved=0CDMQvwUoAQ[HTML_REMOVED]q=s%C3%A4chsische+schweiz+nadel%C3%B6hr[HTML_REMOVED]spell=1[HTML_REMOVED]biw=931[HTML_REMOVED]bih=421

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 28, 2011, 9:50 a.m.

Croatia we will be visiting plitvice lakes.

Definitely do this, especially if you like waterfalls and big gold-fish. Then take at least a few days to relax along the coast.

April 28, 2011, 10:05 a.m.

Dresden is a cool place, there was a little pub down in a basement that used a Confederate flag hung above the door as the open sign, good place to rent a bike and go exploring too.

April 28, 2011, 10:23 a.m.

Forget the film camera; too limiting. take cards battery charger and 50mm lens with the 7D. You need a fast lens if you are taking pictures in dark areas.

April 28, 2011, 10:40 a.m.

Travel with as little amount of stuff as possible. One small high quality point and shoot.

BACK-UP your photo's online every couple days. A friend is currently travelling in India and had all his camera gear stolen with his cards. A smugmug account is $45 a year and you can upload full rez images to it online.