ethically produced meat...

Feb. 22, 2016, 11:09 a.m.

Only libtard pinkos think the world owes them a job. Law of supply and demand.

:cuffs:

That's some serious ownage…

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 22, 2016, 12:47 p.m.

Ahhh, it's good to see that this subject can be broken down into two distinct ways of thinking as usual.

Personally I don't see myself cutting out meat completely and I don't think I need to, but I do need to reduce the amount, eat less red meat and more fish as a percentage of my total intake and reconsider the source. I think if I buy a larger freezer I could buy all my meat and fish locally without much effort and a little planning. The meat costs more but if I eat less it should come out in the wash. Currenty we buy chicken and turkey from Stoney Mountain Farms (Zed, you should check them out, their chicken is delicious) but I don't do the same with beef or pork. I have fisherman friends so my salmon and halibut needs are taken care of and the price is decent.

I know the vegetarians and vegans will disagree, but I think the best diet for a human includes animal flesh.

Feb. 22, 2016, 2:36 p.m.

I have fisherman friends so my salmon and halibut needs are taken care of and the price is decent.

I always keep some in my pocket. You never know when you'll need that all-natural, extra strength

Feb. 22, 2016, 4:13 p.m.

nothing wrong with meat, people need to eat less in general … overeating is why america is so fat

Feb. 22, 2016, 4:28 p.m.

I always keep some in my pocket. You never know when you'll need that all-natural, extra strength

:lol: The ones I have seem to make me cough. They must be a different brand.

Feb. 22, 2016, 6:51 p.m.

Mmmkay, so killing is ethical as long as you play music and have a priest cow (?) there. That's some messed up logic there.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

well it's not so much that killing is ethical, but the idea/question is that if one is going to eat meat then try to eat meat that has been produced in as ethical a manner as possible.

ie not cramming animals into tiny pens/cages, allowing them to live a natural or as natural a life as possible and killing them in as humane a way as possible.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 22, 2016, 6:57 p.m.

…. I seriously bet that 95% of our population would be vegetarian if they had to kill the animal before they ate it. Anyway, good thread

I think there's something to this. I give a lot of respect to the ethical sustenance hunter that actually puts themselves out there to get their meat.

I also have a lot of respect for those that simply remove themselves from the equation and become vegetarians/vegans. That shit is work.

For myself, I've made an effort. and do not eat any redmeat. But I do eat fish. I spearfish on a regular basis and mostly eat only fish that I've caught. I've also found that the process of hunting, processing and cooking my own fish creates a deep feeling of gratitude and respect for the animals life.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

Feb. 22, 2016, 7:06 p.m.

How about adding dead cattle parts to feed, it raises protien levels but caused mad cow disease

Feb. 22, 2016, 7:45 p.m.

Pales in comparison. Raising cattle for our consumption is far far greater than shipping veggies, but I assume you know that? Hey I'm not anti meat, but for OUR greater good, why ignore it?

Because it's mindless propaganda, just like not driving your cars if every Canadian dropped dead tomorrow it would not reduce world wide pollution by 1/2%. If you want to have an effect on world wide pollution go after shipping it;s is by far the dirtiest industry there is way worse then even coal fire generators. So quit picking the low hanging fruit(or steak) and if you want to make a real difference instead of this feel good garbage you all love go after them.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Feb. 22, 2016, 7:56 p.m.

How about adding dead cattle parts to feed, it raises protein levels but caused mad cow disease

It didn't cause mad cow , mad cow happens in cattle making chop from dead fall just spread the problem.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Feb. 22, 2016, 9:09 p.m.

Because it's mindless propaganda, just like not driving your cars if every Canadian dropped dead tomorrow it would not reduce world wide pollution by 1/2%. If you want to have an effect on world wide pollution go after shipping it;s is by far the dirtiest industry there is way worse then even coal fire generators. So quit picking the low hanging fruit(or steak) and if you want to make a real difference instead of this feel good garbage you all love go after them.

I'm not here to judge anyone. I'm not vegetarian, but I do think that it's good to gather as much information as possible. Perhaps there's more for you to learn? I actually had no idea how much damage cattle farming was doing to the planet until recently.

Feb. 22, 2016, 9:40 p.m.

The amount of land it takes up is a lot. Depending on the climate and land, it can take acres to raise one cow.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 23, 2016, 7:30 a.m.

I'm not here to judge anyone. I'm not vegetarian, but I do think that it's good to gather as much information as possible. Perhaps there's more for you to learn? I actually had no idea how much damage cattle farming was doing to the planet until recently.

Also something about being the change you want to see …

Feb. 23, 2016, 9:13 a.m.

I don't get that viewpoint at all. Perhaps you could enlighten me? The only people who try and rationalize that way of thinking obviously have a stake (steak?) in the game, whether it's professionally or personally. I have neither so I can see the bullshit as it is. The fact of the matter is it's not "low hanging fruit" as you call it. Do some research and you'll see for yourself.

Like I stated, I'm not a vegetarian, but go ahead and label me one if you feel comfortable doing so. I don't care. I'm sure as hell not jaded by personal choices.

Using that way of thinking, then why don't we throw our own personal garbage on the ground? Why don't we just idle our cars more often? Why not just dump used motor oil in the sewer? In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter right?

Next time I'm riding on Fromme, I'm going to take as much garbage as I can pack and dump it in the forest. It's not going to matter to anybody. If someone says something, I'll just bury it. No one will ever know.

Feb. 23, 2016, 10:04 a.m.

If you guys haven't seen this, give it a watch! Pretty awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGMYdalClU