ethically produced meat...

Feb. 21, 2016, 5:28 p.m.

Eat meat all the time and am I worried about the pollution of ranching …not even a little bit when the 15 largest ships create more pollution then all the cars in the world I think it all the people buying things (like bike ) from over seas that are the biggest problem and the little farts from the cows I eat mean absolutely nothing.Oh and cutting the throat of a steer is his reason to be for if we didn't grow them to kill and eat them they would never have existed at all…..mmmm I just heard vegans taste like chicken.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Feb. 21, 2016, 6:25 p.m.

Eat meat all the time and am I worried about the pollution of ranching …not even a little bit when the 15 largest ships create more pollution then all the cars in the world I think it all the people buying things (like bike ) from over seas that are the biggest problem and the little farts from the cows I eat mean absolutely nothing.Oh and cutting the throat of a steer is his reason to be for if we didn't grow them to kill and eat them they would never have existed at all…..mmmm I just heard vegans taste like chicken.

I guess we shouldn't even try eh? May as well avoid the dump and just throw garbage off the side of the road. What's the diff? Because it interferes with your own choices it all of sudden doesn't matter. lol

I don't get the hate for vegans and vegetarians. Seriously. If someone wants to avoid meat, who fucking cares. More power to them. Chances are they are healthier than you're average meat eater. Good for them. You're not somehow better than them so get off your high horse.

FYI, I'm not a vegetarian.

I should add that if they're preachy about it then by all means, kick to the throat.

Feb. 21, 2016, 6:54 p.m.

I guess we shouldn't even try eh? May as well avoid the dump and just throw garbage off the side of the road. What's the diff? Because it interferes with your own choices it all of sudden doesn't matter. lol

I don't get the hate for vegans and vegetarians. Seriously. If someone wants to avoid meat, who fucking cares. More power to them. Chances are they are healthier than you're average meat eater. Good for them. You're not somehow better than them so get off your high horse.

FYI, I'm not a vegetarian.

I should add that if they're preachy about it then by all means, kick to the throat.

If everyone in Canada became a vegetarian, do you think you could calculate the amount of green house gasses would be produced to ship in all the vegetables and beans we would need? That is a high horse, eh?

Feb. 21, 2016, 7 p.m.

Imagine the beef wandering the chilcotin pastures listening to nothing but wind, birds, etc. all its life, then subjected to loud 'classic' music while being contained in pens. What is 'natural' about that? Do you think it would not be freaking them out? What about the poor 'judas priest' cow that spends it life witnessing every one of his buddies being slaughtered? Reality check……I am a red neck meat eater , with vegan and vegie friends, who has spent his life in this environment and find it comforting that the original poster looked into the process and claims, then posted his questions prior to just taking marketing propoganda as truth. If you know little about ranching and the slaughter/processing of the end product, I suggest going to one or more of these feel good facilities and see for your self. Do your self a favor and bring some one with unbiased knowledge to help you process what you see.

Feb. 21, 2016, 7:20 p.m.

Imagine the beef wandering the chilcotin pastures listening to nothing but wind, birds, etc. all its life, then subjected to loud 'classic' music while being contained in pens. What is 'natural' about that? Do you think it would not be freaking them out?

:nono: Of course not. Everbody knows houseplants thrive in the presence of classical music.

That's why people in the interior are so unhappy. Listening to country western all the time. Can you imagine?

The horror, the horror…………. :eek:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 21, 2016, 7:28 p.m.

If everyone in Canada became a vegetarian, do you think you could calculate the amount of green house gasses would be produced to ship in all the vegetables and beans we would need? That is a high horse, eh?

Pales in comparison. Raising cattle for our consumption is far far greater than shipping veggies, but I assume you know that? Hey I'm not anti meat, but for OUR greater good, why ignore it?

Feb. 21, 2016, 7:29 p.m.

Not that beef have large productive brains but I have seen them, held them and have yet to find one in my spider plants, or caulifower. Not a fan of country music either, but after a day of listening to loud straussa marching (classic) music, I wouldn't mind that captive bolt to ease the pain……

Feb. 21, 2016, 7:38 p.m.

I just drank 4 glasses of wine so what I type may not make sense hahahaha

Feb. 21, 2016, 7:43 p.m.

Pales in comparison. Raising cattle for our consumption is far far greater than shipping veggies, but I assume you know that? Hey I'm not anti meat, but for OUR greater good, why ignore it?

So replace all these farmers and cattle/pig farms and have them do what for work and our economy? If lettuce is $4 a head now, you think these farms are worse than trucking veggies? Even if we could greenhouse the Great White Plains - imagine the energy consumption required to keep those veggies warm.

I guess it's trendy to blame global warming.

Feb. 21, 2016, 7:49 p.m.

At the ski hill bar I asked fred the local butcher what the listeriosis scare did for his bidness, he said it doubled his ground beef sales overnight so obviously there are people voteing with their wallets for beef that isn't gona make you sick

fred said he buys about 25 local beef a year, the bulkley valley is very muscial … but I duno if anybody is singing to them cows eh?

Feb. 21, 2016, 7:57 p.m.

the bulkley valley is very muscial … but I duno if anybody is singing to them cows eh?

Well grab yer axe and get out there maestro!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 21, 2016, 8:18 p.m.

so i sent an email off to "pasture to plate" asking about how they slaughter their animals and this is the response that i got:

Thank you for reaching out and asking. I also wanted to know how animals are slaughtered here. A special part of my job here at the ranch is I get to spend time with the animals. I raise many young animals that have been abandoned by their mothers, or have been hurt. I love all these animals, they become very dear to me, they follow me around and snuggle with me, they become my friends. I have 23 lambs that I have raised from a bottle, and I have raised over 20 piglets that were either two small or got hurt when they were just wee babies. I become very attached. It is very important to me that each animal is treated with respect from the moment the arrive until the moment their soul departs.

We have a small abattoir, classical music is played and the animals are kept in pens with deep litter, they are never crowded, the pens are open to the outside, they spend minimal time here. We have a priest cow named Theresa whose presence has a calming effect on the animals. She is extremely gentle and her gentle energy is such a presence. Each animal is taken separately to the chute away from the other animals and a stun gun (bolt) is administered. It is very quick, quiet and accurate. They are then taken into a room where they are laid on their side and bled.

I take comfort in the fact that they have had a happy life. They run and play and have an abundance of pasture to explore, babies are kept with their moms. My hope is that when people eat meat that the meat they eat has been respected from birth to plate and I do feel that happens here.

Kelly
At the ranch

I gotta show this to the old man (retired rancher). It will blow his mind.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

Feb. 21, 2016, 8:22 p.m.

Personification of cows by thinking they will enjoy music. Oh wait, not just any music but CLASSICAL! Pretentious much?

Udder stupidity … but hey, if it puts them in the right moooooood ….

Feb. 21, 2016, 8:29 p.m.

So replace all these farmers and cattle/pig farms and have them do what for work and our economy? If lettuce is $4 a head now, you think these farms are worse than trucking veggies? Even if we could greenhouse the Great White Plains - imagine the energy consumption required to keep those veggies warm.

I guess it's trendy to blame global warming.

That's a rather bizarre statement hahaha! Sorry man but are you grasping or just high?

Feb. 21, 2016, 8:41 p.m.

That's a rather bizarre statement hahaha! Sorry man but are you grasping or just high?

Oh NBR, how I love thee