Enough politics and bickering already..

May 1, 2016, 7:57 p.m.

So my buddy wanted to go boarding today.. It's May 1 and were in Youbou.. wtf are we doing here.. (I want to point out that I didn't bring a board, because I don't snowboard, I like just goin on a hike up to the top just fine.)

This aint so bad…

Ah fuck this is Bullshit

Oh shit there is still infact snow in them thar hills

There's not really a trail, just kinda keep going up till you get there.

4 Hrs later we made it to the top, View sucks.. shoulda stayed home ate Mr noodles and Watched netflix.

And all that effort for 4 30 second runs (after hiking back to the top of the snow each time)

One last shot on the way down

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 4, 2016, 6:32 a.m.

Should have just gone to Mt Washington for the final weekend.

Yeah but anyone can just do that, takes the fun right out of it.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 5, 2016, 5:55 a.m.

It looks like you were up El Cap? One of my favourite places. Did you walk in from the gate? If you did that must have been a long day!

May 5, 2016, 6:01 a.m.

It looks like you were up El Cap? One of my favourite places. Did you walk in from the gate? If you did that must have been a long day!

Nailed it! I'm Impressed. yeah we started just before 7 and got back to the truck at around 4.
We were originally wanting to go up landale but were half way up el capitan before we realized we missed the turn at the start of the service saddle gulley.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 8, 2016, 2:53 p.m.

Yesterday Took me up Mt Curran.
In the Heart of the Beaufort range between Port Alberni and Courtenay.
Has some awesome views and you'll have the place to yourself.

Great view of Hornby and Denman

Looking at Mt Joan.. its on my to do list now.

Looking west towards the peaks of Strathcona Park.

Looking up towards Courtenay

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 8, 2016, 7:29 p.m.

Yesterday Took me up Mt Curran.
In the Heart of the Beaufort range between Port Alberni and Courtenay.
Has some awesome views and you'll have the place to yourself.

Nice pics. Curran, the Squarehead and Joan as a loop makes a nice day trip. Wish I was back on the Island…

May 9, 2016, 4:16 p.m.

Few shots from random jaunts round the koots in the last few weeks

May 9, 2016, 4:22 p.m.

Yes Thank you! I've never been to the kootenays, but have been told numerous times by my buddy that I need to go there (he's from Nelson)

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 9, 2016, 4:35 p.m.

There's a tonne to see over here for sure! Been here almost 2 years now and still haven't done all the peaks just around Fernie yet.

Almost at a month countdown to Wct, I am that pumped to see the ocean again!

May 9, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

There's a tonne to see over here for sure! Been here almost 2 years now and still haven't done all the peaks just around Fernie yet.

Almost at a month countdown to Wct, I am that pumped to see the ocean again!

I would suggest doing it bamfield to port renfrew, by the time youre done you got more options for food in renfrew than you do bamfield.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 9, 2016, 4:44 p.m.

I would suggest doing it bamfield to port renfrew, by the time youre done you got more options for food in renfrew than you do bamfield.

Yep, thats what we booked in. We only just kinda realised how long all the driving round the island takes too haha, coming from two Australian's who are used to long drive, we just looked at the map and figured it was all small :D Rookies.

May 22, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

We headed deep into Strathcona yesterday, started early had the place to ourselves and got the best weather, it stated clouding over when we left the lake and on our way out we must have encountered 30 people heading in. Long weekend gongshows..

Bridge over Butterwort Creek

You follow the Elk River Valley the whole way, 11Km one way with only 600M elevation gain so pretty flat.

Looking at Elkhorn Mountain, the second highest mountain on the Island (The Golden Hinde is 3 Feet taller)

Oooh what have we here?

Impressive chunk of rock.

This is what we came here for, Mt Colonel Foster and Landslide lake, back in the 40's a big chunk broke off and caused a landslide into the lake below, which flooded out the river valley below. The last kilometer or so you hike up the spillway.

You can clearly see the spillway here.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 22, 2016, 10:29 a.m.

Any time food in Port Renfrew is mentions I compulsively point out how awesome the fish and chips is at the Coastal Kitchen Cafe. Best I've ever had, treat yourself right and get it in ya.

May 22, 2016, 10:35 a.m.

Any time food in Port Renfrew is mentions I compulsively point out how awesome the fish and chips is at the Coastal Kitchen Cafe. Best I've ever had, treat yourself right and get it in ya.

I haven't been there in quite a while but after doing the west coast trail that would be priority number 1!

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 22, 2016, 11:10 a.m.

Well unfortunately it seems our west coast trail hike will have to be postponed, Jo had a bit of a spill biking yesterday afternoon with me and snapped her collarbone. 3 weeks out from our start date means no time for it to heal enough to take a pack.

She is going to have to figure out her finances and work capabilities to see if we could at least make the road trip.

Pretty bummed to say the least, especially as I had been the driving force trying to get her into the biking too.