Enough politics and bickering already..

April 9, 2016, 10:07 p.m.

The bottom lines read: 101 (North Island) Squadron, A.F.A.C - September 2006. It is a memorial on the North Island to remember a crashed US Navy Ventura PV-1 (six deceased after surviving for 5-6 months before the wreck was discovered on a routine Canadian air patrol). The plane was blown up with one of its unexploded bombs after five of the bodies were recovered (one guy tried to walk out but was never found) so there isn’t much left. I cropped the rest of the plaque out of the picture because it is in an area not many people visit and I don’t want to post the location.

That info isn't exactly a state secret! 5 second Google search spits out the lat long…

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 10, 2016, 9:50 a.m.

That info isn't exactly a state secret! 5 second Google search spits out the lat long…

I’m aware of that… that’s how I found it myself. The lat and long is located in the ocean, though common sense and a short bushwhack will bring you to the million remaining pieces of the plane. For me part of the adventure is doing the background research to find out where cool spots are and then executing the plan to get there. A surprising number of people are not capable of that and do not get out unless they are spoon fed the info by others. As far as I’m concerned they can stay home. On a popular Van Isle FB hiking group (9000 members) when someone says they can’t find Goldstream Provincial Park or thinks that access to Strathcona Provincial Park is only via the Comox Lake Main logging road I have to shake my head.

April 10, 2016, 4:49 p.m.

I’m aware of that… that’s how I found it myself. The lat and long is located in the ocean, though common sense and a short bushwhack will bring you to the million remaining pieces of the plane. For me part of the adventure is doing the background research to find out where cool spots are and then executing the plan to get there. A surprising number of people are not capable of that and do not get out unless they are spoon fed the info by others. As far as I’m concerned they can stay home. On a popular Van Isle FB hiking group (9000 members) when someone says they can’t find Goldstream Provincial Park or thinks that access to Strathcona Provincial Park is only via the Comox Lake Main logging road I have to shake my head.

Agreed. Common sense not so common these days.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

April 10, 2016, 7:41 p.m.

The hand holding on that page is riduculous. Those people are liabilities, let them find it themselves chances are even if you told em they'd never go there anyways
Got 2gb worth of pics to sift through.
I got sun burnt in April and we had the place to ourselves. Pics coming soon

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 10, 2016, 9:20 p.m.

So ya sweet camping trip..

Thanks Fraser, for the inspiration to tread deeper.

We also went and had nice beach camp

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 11, 2016, 7:01 a.m.

Ah man, too good! Getting me super stoked to get to the island!

April 11, 2016, 2:49 p.m.

I went skiing yesterday.

April 11, 2016, 4:31 p.m.

So ya sweet camping trip..

Looks like you had a great trip! Mount St. Paddy will be waiting for you next time. Wish I wasn’t in school all summer…

April 11, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

Looks like you had a great trip! Mount St. Paddy will be waiting for you next time. Wish I wasn’t in school all summer…

Oh man. Definitely next time!! I didn't want to do it this time as I'm getting a little tired of trying to cram too much in a trip and weekends are too short.

Hey I think I already asked you but how many kilometres does your cruiser get to a tank? Im still thinking of picking one up eventually

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 11, 2016, 5:39 p.m.

Hey I think I already asked you but how many kilometres does your cruiser get to a tank? Im still thinking of picking one up eventually

It’s a 95L tank and I get anywhere from 14-16 L/100km highway and 16-18 L/100km on gravel with a few people and gear. That’s according to an UltraGauge and while running 33 inch tires. If you are looking at an 80 Series LC definitely go for a 95-97 (LX450 in Canada).

April 11, 2016, 7:18 p.m.

It’s a 95L tank and I get anywhere from 14-16 L/100km highway and 16-18 L/100km on gravel with a few people and gear. That’s according to an UltraGauge and while running 33 inch tires. If you are looking at an 80 Series LC definitely go for a 95-97 (LX450 in Canada).

That's what I get in my xterra.. only its a 75 liter tank and it runs premium, so it would be cheaper and I could drive

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 11, 2016, 7:55 p.m.

Could I respectfully inquire the location (approx. - if you're possessive) of the beach campers/skiers on this page?

Oh wait, Mt. which……………….? Got it…..!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 11, 2016, 9:26 p.m.

Could I respectfully inquire the location (approx. - if you're possessive) of the beach campers/skiers on this page?

Oh wait, Mt. which……………….? Got it…..

That will be 2 bottles of 12 year old single malt.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 12, 2016, 8:38 a.m.

North end of the Island - Cape Scott has endless beaches, start at San Jo and go from there.

April 12, 2016, 12:51 p.m.

Could I respectfully inquire the location (approx. - if you're possessive) of the skiers on this page?

Platform Glacier, travelling CW around the Spearhead Traverse.